Clearance Items

• My angle of perception is a bit skewed... yet not completely irrelevant.

Beside the point...

• extraneous
    • immaterial
    • inappropriate
    • inconsequential
    • insignificant
    • pointless
    • trivial
    • unimportant
    • unnecessary
    • unrelated
    • foreign
    • garbage
    • impertinent
    • inapplicable
    • inapposite
    • inappurtenant
    • inapropos
    • inapt
    • inconsequent
    • not connected with
    • not germane
    • not pertaining to
    • off the point
    • off the topic
    • out of order
    • out of place
    • outside
  • When Rossi has satisfied customers then we will know he has been successful.

Do you consider that GEC might (have) satisfy (satisfied) customers ahead of Rossi?

What are your thoughts about the recent commercialization claims of GEC, and the NASA contracts of the Global Energy Corporation, as presented at ICCF-21? How about the nuclear (energics advantage) development capabilities of the U.S.?

Thanks... Older and a bit more 'mature' than you, I gather. Yikes... something just bit me in the ass. Must of been a Seven of Twenty.

Look, you asked for help with a computer issue I know a bit about, I provided some assistance, you responded with something nonsensical and vaguely insulting. OK. No worries. Lesson learned. I won't help you again. Buy a Raspberry Pi for all I care.

• When Rossi has satisfied customers then we

will know he has been succesful.

What would be the condition of that? If Rossi will say he has satiesfied customers? In that case he was already successful many years ago and you just missed it. He also had a customer in his year long test in Doral, btw. Or will you believe when his customers will go public and let visitors and journalists have a look at their latest world changing investment to save (a few) dollars on their energy bill for having steam from the new fire?

• Hey Zeus46... So what. I'm old (mature: barely at 62). How old is SOT? I'm, at times, childlike and immature. How about youthful like you?

Seven of T suffers from a different form of delinquency than I do. Or not.

What is rage-quit? Time out?

Is that when one leaves the room rather than punching someone in the face?

Take a 'walk around the block'.

Not a bad thing, NO?

Change of subject.

Anything new to add?

"To be fair"

Yawn.

Jason Davis • May 11, 2018

LightSail 2 launch slips to Fall

The Planetary Society’s LightSail 2 spacecraft will spend at least four more months waiting to solar sail, due to a launch date slip for SpaceX’s second Falcon Heavy flight.

The launch, which was previously scheduled for June, will now take place no earlier than October 30, 2018, according to the U.S. Air Force.

LightSail 2 is currently at the Air Force Research Laboratory in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It was integrated into the Prox-1 spacecraft back in March. The two spacecraft will eventually undergo final environmental testing and acceptance before shipping to Cape Canaveral for launch.

Prox-1 and LightSail 2 are among 25 different spacecraft launching on STP-2, an Air Force-sponsored mission that will help certify the Falcon Heavy for Department of Defense missions. The triple-core rocket will use three Block 5 boosters—the new, upgraded variant of the company's Falcon 9 vehicle. The first Falcon 9 Block 5 rocket is scheduled to launch Friday, May 11.

• I guess that might be a kind of rage-quitting, although it’s hardly an archetypal example... It basically means leaving somewhere in a huff, because you can’t handle the rules. It’s not exactly a mark of maturity.

Although again, to be fair, Abd Lomax would likely disagree with that...

• Perhaps relevant to LENR... perhaps not.

"The Gamma-ray Moon Seen by the Fermi LAT"
    F. Loparco (on behalf of the Fermi LAT Collaboration)
    Dipartimento di Fisica “M. Merlin” dell’Universit`a e del Politecnico di Bari, I-70126 Bari, Italy
    Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, Sezione di Bari, I-70126 Bari, Italy
    E-mail: [email protected]

Abstract.

When seen in gamma rays, the Moon appears brighter than the Sun.

Gamma rays emitted by the Moon mostly originate from the decays of neutral pions produced by the
    interactions of cosmic rays with the lunar surface. Using the data collected by the Fermi Large
    Area Telescope (LAT) in its first seven years of operation, we measured the gamma-ray emission
    spectrum of the Moon in the energy range from 30 MeV up to a few GeV and we studied its time
    evolution, finding a correlation with the solar activity. We also developed a full Monte Carlo
    simulation based on the FLUKA code, which describes the production of gamma rays in the
    cosmic-ray interactions with the Moon. We used the simulation results to infer the cosmic-ray
    proton and helium spectra near the Earth from the lunar gamma-ray data.

http://iopscience.iop.org/arti…742-6596/934/1/012021/pdf

• Three statements...

It basically means leaving somewhere in a huff

because you can’t handle the rules.

It’s not exactly a mark of maturity.

A "huff" isn't a negative thing. Example: You get mad for a reason.

What rules are you talking about? Either you are an idiot or you might be implying that I am one. Stop it, or list the rules that I can't handle.

Now you can compose.

Mark, Set, Go.

• You seem to have gotten the wrong end of the stick: All I’m insinuating is that both you and Lomax have a history of rage-quitting.

I’m not necessarily implying you’re an “idiot”, but then, if the cap fits, might as well wear it, eh? ‘Forgetful’ or ‘obtuse’ (or maybe ‘turkey-headed’) might be better descriptions?

As to the ‘the rules’, it’s a general point about rage-quitters. For example, a ‘rule’ might be that semi-coherent and off topic posts are consigned to this thread... Most people take it on the chin, and try to abide by the norms going forwards. Others flounce out in a huff, whilst making a big song-and-dance about how they are ‘not coming back’. Then later they claim that it’s others whom act immaturely. Pretty funny, NO?

And working oneself up into a huff is always an entirely negative thing... The reason for getting mad is due to a lack of perspective, self-control, and often, dignity. Although, as an American, you can’t necessarily be blamed for this.

Having said all that, I was actually disappointed when you temporarily left, as I like your contributions on GEC/JWK. Not so much the strange thesaurus cut-and-paste jobs, but each to their own, I guess.

• Try to place a sheet or foil of copper over your gamma detector. Holmlid uses this method to detect muon and pion emissions. Look for an increase in gammas detected. The muons produce nuclear reactions inside the copper.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.