Clearance Items

• Russ George and the concept of Atom Ecology I often thrive by breaking a few established/rules.

Look beyond the forest and see the trees

Off topic or perhaps not...

Einstein's "Spooky Action at a Distance" Paradox Older Than Thought ...

https://www.technologyreview.c…on-at-a-distance-paradox-...

Mar 8, 2012 - Einstein’s famous critique of quantum mechanics first emerged in 1930, five years earlier than thought, according to a new analysis of his work. ... Einstein’s phrase “Spooky Action at a Distance”

MIT Technology Review

Maybe we might consider gravity, or our lack of understanding about it, in this subject matter? OR NOT?

Einstein’s phrase “spooky action at a distance” has become synonymous with one of the most famous episodes in the history of physics—his battle with Bohr in the 1930s over the completeness of quantum mechanics.

Einstein’s weapons in this battle were thought experiments that he designed to highlight what he believed were the inadequacies of the new theory.

The most famous of these is the EPR paradox, announced in 1935 and named after its inventors Einstein, Boris Podolsky, and Nathan Rosen.

It involves a pair of particles linked by the strange quantum property of entanglement (a word coined much later). Entanglement occurs when two particles are so deeply linked that they share the same existence. In the language of quantum mechanics, they are described by the same mathematical relation known as a wavefunction.

Entanglement arises naturally when two particles are created at the same point and instant in space, for example.

Entangled particles can become widely separated in space. But even so, the mathematics implies that a measurement on one immediately influences the other, regardless of the distance between them.

Einstein and co pointed out that according to special relativity, this was impossible and therefore, quantum mechanics must be wrong, or at least incomplete. Einstein famously called it spooky action at a distance.

The EPR paradox stumped Bohr and was not resolved until 1964, long after Einstein’s death. CERN physicist John Bell resolved it by thinking of entanglement as an an entirely new kind of phenomenon, which he termed “nonlocal.”

The basic idea here is to think about the transfer of information. Entanglement allows one particle to instantaneously influence another but not in a way that allows classical information to travel faster than light. This resolved the paradox with special relativity but left much of the mystery intact. These days, the curious nature of entanglement is the subject of intense focus in labs around the world.

But that doesn’t tell the full story...

End quotes

• "Entangled particles can become widely separated in space. But even so, the mathematics implies that a measurement on one immediately influences the other, regardless of the distance between them."

This means something is being exchanged between them at speeds in extreme excess of the speed of light. Gaining an understanding of these particles, the aetheric environment they create, the pressures they produce, how they come together in the form of vortexes to produce matter, and how they can be manipulated to allow for everything we've ever witnessed in science fiction is what will take humanity to the stars.

• JedRothwellMy intent is to slaughter you... Only because you lie.

Do your worst.

Remove all papers by Boss and Forsley from the LENR'CANR website.

Why would I do that?? What's with you? Why do you care whether there are papers by Boss and Forsley at LENR-CANR.org? More to the point, why would I care what you think?

Frankly, you seem kind of crazy, or drunk.

• Official Post

Goble is permanently banned for obvious reasons. I take the blame for encouraging him to actively participate here. My apologies to those he insulted. He has some skills that I thought would add value to LF, and unfortunately the negatives far outweighed his positives.

If any of you find one of his posts particularly offensive, please give the post number and I will delete it.

• Official Post

Perhaps he was inebriated? If so, I suppose you should let him back in when he sobers up.

Jed,

I have PWI (posted while intoxicated) many a time. Having one right now thank you! MY was infamous for drinking Rum and posting. Probably still does. Nothing wrong with that BTW. What matters is not what influence one is under when posting, but the value of their contribution to the good of the field, and LF. Greg's value in digging into a story though, was simply outweighed by his edginess, and tendency to attack others with little, to no provocation.

There were many other things than that one threatening post to you, although that alone justified a ban.

• There were many other things than that one threatening post to you, although that alone justified a ban.

I hate to see him banned for that. It was silly. It did not bother me at all. Kind of mysterious. I have no clue what he was upset about.

I don't know what else he wrote. I wasn't following. Generally speaking, I don't like the idea of banning people.

• I hate to see him banned for that. It was silly. It did not bother me at all. Kind of mysterious. I have no clue what he was upset about.

I don't know what else he wrote. I wasn't following. Generally speaking, I don't like the idea of banning people.

Shane,

Although Greg reminds me of Alainco from many years ago, I believe he meant to

“Intellectually slaughter” Jed, nothing more.

GBG does add value, he like many others,

Tends to ignore data that does not support his preferred conclusion.

• Official Post

Roseland,

It comes down to whether or not you trust my, and Alan's judgement. Hopefully in deciding that, you consider that both he and I abhor banning, and consider it only as a last resort. IMO, just that one deleted post to Jed justified a temporary ban. Added to Greg's other posts, and his provocative response to Alan and my private pleas to him, it became very clear a permanent ban was in order..

In one of his private responses to us, Greg claimed he was copying our private conversations to his Google+ LENR Group website...for some reason beyond my understanding. I do not have an account there, but if he is so foolish as to make public his taunts, you can read them there, and maybe come to a better informed understanding of why we decided to ban him.

• Roseland,

It comes down to whether or not you trust my, and Alan's judgement. Hopefully in deciding that, you consider that both he and I abhor banning, and consider it only as a last resort. IMO, just that one deleted post to Jed justified a temporary ban. Added to Greg's other posts, and his provocative response to Alan and my private pleas to him, it became very clear a permanent ban was in order..

In one of his private responses to us, Greg claimed he was copying our private conversations to his Google+ LENR Group website...for some reason beyond my understanding. I do not have an account there, but if he is so foolish as to make public his taunts, you can read them there, and maybe come to a better informed understanding of why we decided to ban him.

Shane,

Did not know that, you have more data than I do Your decision amigo.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.