Clearance Items

• I was thinking about 11C, but 49Cr is more likely for me. But energy it has seems to be from Tritium. Not more than 20keV.

• The energy scale in the provided histogram is way off. After adjusting, it shows peaks from a typical background spectrum.

Unluckily the signal is a factor 5 higher than background...

Yes, replicating everything is the most important.

I could identify three more (less expressed ) reactions that correspond to peaks in the Histogram.

What you should keep in mind - and we know since Lipinski - is that the primary LENR path is over H* D* - I will write it this time.

58Ni + D* → 60Zn + 1104keV (Seen!) → 60Cu 1791, 1332 (seen)

61Ni +D* → 63Zn ( 1412keV main , <10% 962, 669 T1/2 38.47min ) → 63Cu

60Ni +D* → 62Cu → 62Ni 1172, 1320keV (seen). 62Zn is hidden in the bulk.

To better identify the peaks: Can you run, during an active reaction, a cumulated spectrum for at least 12 hours ?

Further -from time to time (before/after) - do a calibration with a public available gauge.

• Active material is formed at the Cathode.

A liquid containing an eutectic alloy based on KCl-LiCl-LiD was used to cause LENR at

the palladium anode above 350°C[120].

Yuan et al.[122] using palladium and by Tsvetkov et al.[123] using titanium as the active

electrode (anode). This method is difficult because of the high temperature and corrosive

properties of the electrolyte.

Tsvetkov, S.A., E.S. Filatov, and V.A. Khokhlov. Excess heat in molten salts of (LiCl-KCl)+(LiD+LiF) at

the titanium anode during electrolysis

ed storms lenr for students

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.o…097f8e5ccbffcdec89342.pdf

• Here is again the same exact spectrum in two different forms (scales)...

Isn't that spectrum from breaking radiation which is produced when high energy particles collide with matter?

In a low radon location, most of the background radiation will come from muon induced secondary reactions initiated from cosmic rays.

If the shape of background spectrum is maintained but increased by 5 times, the cause of the radiation increase could be coming from muons.

• No; this is apparent when using a base 10 log scale for the counts (Y axis) and comparing the spectrum with a typical one that can be also found on the web (here scaled for increased clarity).

The background spectrum is not monolithic. It can vary from place to place. Radon produces a goodly part of that spectrum. The shape of the backgtound spectrum will vary if the radon concentration varies. How much radon is entering the zone of the experiment?

297db7543d9bf4f4bef75de80eb0f2816d3c05b5.gif

Some of this radiation sources could be eliminated or reduced such as Radon, Medical, food and drink. and artificial. Comic rays are constant.

For example, John Fisher performed his experiments out doors to minimize Radon. Also a well ventilated room above the ground level will experience less radon exposure. But muons are a constant background radiation source.

• No; this is apparent when using a base 10 log scale for the counts ...

can : If you manipulate a spectrum you should exactly (what color is what x,y scale why?) tell what you did otherwise it looks like trolling!

The histogram goes up to 3500keV and you do also an x-scale compression...

Further you did not properly scale the peeks!

Why are you doing this??

• The histogram goes up to 3500keV and you do also an x-scale compression...

The histogram originally provided by JohnyFive is obviously incorrectly scaled. In other words, the data is incorrect.

I showed (post #746) that by adjusting the scaling, the general shape and peak location of the spectrum match those of an ordinary background gamma spectrum.

Furthermore, I showed (post #743) that both the counts and the energy scale can be arbitrarily altered in the multi-channel analyzer (MCA) program used to save the spectra. Therefore, given that the energy scale was incorrect, the count scale cannot be trusted to be correct either.

Post #738 shows counts with a Log1.5 scale. This is the default setting for that MCA program (Theremino MCA).

This can be changed in program options. In the screenshot of post #746 I set it to a more widely used Log10 scale. It can be done like this:

Thus, with the Y axis set to Log10 scale, I imported the histogram in the program (which has wrong scaling) and adjusted the "energy trimmer" shown below so that the peak on the right matches the K40 line. You can see that other peaks typical of a background spectrum also align well. This confirms that it's showing a background spectrum (for the most part—no way to know at the moment if there's something else hidden).

Then I got this NaI background gamma spectrum on the internet:

And using a vector image editing program (Inkscape) I roughly aligned both graphs together. I previously left the graphs somewhat separated on the Y axis to highlight more the peak location, but I could make them more closely match if you so prefer:

And they do match, except for a region around the Potassium-40 peak, as I previously highlighted (post #673).

Why are you doing this??

Because you've formulated a hypothesis on the process (post #737) upon shaky data and I thought (exceptionally) that it would be appropriate to point that out, even though I decided earlier on to not post any more on the subject (post #700).

Who could have imagined that what seemed pretty much self-explanatory required a step-by-step break down—perhaps due to some sort of language barrier?

Definitely not going to invest any more of my time in this thread for the time being.

Edited once, last by can: Some comments got moved into the clearance items thread and the post numbering got changed, but the links are correct ().

• Official Post

None of the above have anything to do with wet electrolytic loading experiments.

• axil. If you wish to prove an argument with appeals tp authority, please provide a proper link directly to your claim.Page 14 of what? Not my copy of Storms.

Please explain what is produced in the cathode and how it is released to float in the rising water vapor and become attached to the paper. How do you know what electrode is producing this agent and how is that agent produced? Is the same agent formed in fuel pellets in your experiments and if so, how is it produced in that form?

• Today another radiation level measurements were made and I found that with new Anode radiation level is increased too, but only 2-3 times.

This mean that Anode is very likely as important as Cathode. I think that elevated radiation is there just because it is running for over 15 hours and new Anode oxidized.

Since yesterday for several hours from the beginning with new Anode there was no elevated radiation.

So make sure that your Anode is properly conditioned otherwise it might not work! Interesting isn't it?

• But still no proper background count,

@JohnyFive : To be able to continue serious work please make a one hour background spectrum. You can upload the histogram as a pdf to LENR-forum.

Of course both sides (anode & cathode) are LENR active in your case (Ni,Ti).

To avoid the stopping of the reaction (due to oxidation of the anode) you can try to regularly switch the polarity. May be somebody else has a good idea to get rid of excess Oxygen.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.