Clearance Items

• Rossi is a killer...good for him and good for LENR.

He is a liar, a fraud and thief. He "killed" what little credibility cold fusion had. By defrauding I.H. he cut most of the remaining funding for research. How can that possibly be good for LENR?? If that was good, what would you call bad??

This is an insane thing to say.

• LENR is part of the fabric of nature. It has been discovered and forgotten for the last 125 years from the time of Tesla. If the past is prologue, LENR will be rediscovered by a new generation in a decade or two. But there will always be people like Rossi and Papp around to deal with. LENR will be reborn again when its time is right.

• axil. Stop bombing threads with inaccuracies and irrelevances and unanswerable semi-questions.

who’s better than Axil?

that is one incredible analogy there Axil,

comparing Donald Trump to Andrea Rossi,

Mercy.

• Official Post

who’s better than Axil?

Mercy.

First time Axil has touched on politics that I can remember. Good reminder for all here, that it is in our collective best interest to avoid voicing political views. Getting to the bottom of LENR is hard enough as is, without throwing that into the discussion. There are plenty of other sites for that.

Mercy.

Not to get political here, but it's not that big a stretch if you are talking about how they speak about their supposed accomplishments. That's just fact, not politics. Just saying... in the clearance section.

• Official Post

Care to comment on the style? May I respond in kind? I'd love to teach Zeus some lovely American words. I had to actually look up "pillock" ... it's pretty obscure. It derives from pillicock a Norwegian slang term for "penis".

SOT,

Yes, Zeus is picking on you, so you have a right to respond in kind. As you said, there are plenty of words in the English language that are similar, without being vulgar. Have at it.

Not that I understand this need for schoolyard taunts. As you know, on ECN's I was insulted frequently (many times by you), but kept my cool for the most part. Once in a while though, I found it necessary to fire back, just to keep the wolves at bay.

• Question: In the U.K. does "pill" mean "a disagreeable or tiresome person"? It is old fashioned in the U.S. Webster lists this under the definition of "pill" as in medicine. I wondered for a moment if it might be derived from "pillicock."

I see that Oxford lists "pill" (annoying person) under pill. Still, it could it be an Americanism. Oxford has lowered their standards and they list Americanisms as if they were real words. Such as:

Truthy

Informal (chiefly US). Appearing to be true or truthful without actually or necessarily being so; having the quality of truthiness.

Norwegian? 16th century Northern English, according to the Oxford Eng. Dict. It is a British expression, unknown in the U.S.

Under Pillock in Wicktionary

"Alternatively, from the same basis as pillicock (compare regional Norwegian pill (“penis”)) + the diminutive suffix -ock."

And yes, mercifully unknown in the US.

you have a right to respond in kind. As you said, there are plenty of words in the English language that are similar, without being vulgar. Have at it.

Oh, that's not what I meant. The words I would use to describe Zeus and his "contributions" would be quite vulgar. But Zeus isn't worth addressing, not even with insults.

Not that I understand this need for schoolyard taunts. As you know, on ECN's I was insulted frequently (many times by you), but kept my cool for the most part. Once in a while though, I found it necessary to fire back, just to keep the wolves at bay.

I don't recall your being insulted at all on ECN. Unless "terminally gullible" or the like is an insult.

Anyway. It's all fine. Conclusion and back to topic: thus far, nobody has built anything that works from what they learned in a Swartz class.

• Official Post

'Pill'has fallen out of use in the UK, merely meant somebody was a 'bit of a pain' - I am sure that it has no connection with Scandinavian anything. Most UK slang based on corrupted foreign words is derived from Indic or Arabic roots. We haven't invaded or fought with the North since (from memory) the battle of Copenhagen, when Nelson whupped the Danish navy. But we never stayed long enough to swap enduring pleasantries. On the other hand our soldiery brought back plenty of slang from the tropics.

i was waiting for the usual wednesday, when axil usually wakes up from his weekend-drug-trip just to start over again.... this time it happened on tuesday.... lol...

lean back and enjoy...

• This thread was started by Eric Walker. A balanced, logical and intelligent poster and moderator.

I have not seen him post in a very long while. Did he tire of the constant futile bickering and leave or is there some other situation?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.