Clearance Items

• So far nobody did confirm, that any of Andrea Rossi's technologies is legitimate, no one has a clue what the QX exactly is and how it works, despite Rossi claims it is a product ready to sell. To be more sarcastic - hasn't the QX been recently replaced by the newest SK reactor, 10x...100x more powerful and efficient?

Why then care about the QX anymore, if there is a gadget that is more promising (e.g. to get rid of the common fuel for gas turbines around the globe?).

To me it seems that the Rossi believers don't care about the findings in the IH vs Leonardo court deposition (sworn under oath), but they speak a clear language, at least to me. To be honest: I was years ago a Rossi believer as well (back when he started the Lugano test) , but gave up after all these years of lies, fakes and false promises....I hope that somebody else will lite the new fire. We all should support this person or company, who ever it will be.

Edit: just saw Shanes comment, and expecting to see my post post moved to somewhere...

• Rossi protected safe space

A.K.A. E-catworld 2.0?

No wonder Dewey thinks this place has gone down the pan!

Fair enough not messing up an attempt at a technical thread, but if people just want to promote a snakeoil salesman, by talking up his latest DPS, or parroting his mindless blog monologues, there has to be some balance.

The fewer threads on that weirdo, the better.

• "Rossi Believers Safe Room"

Oh yes, and I suggest you have this room moderated (censored) by Rossi himself. - Makes sense and keeps annoying "Armchair critics" at a distance.

A similar approach as in the "Atom Ecology" thread.

And how about the same for an “only friendly comments allowed“ BLP Thread, Orbo Thread ...

• One reason for anonymity is that there have been zealots on free energy, LENR, psychic medium, religious and political web sites, etc., who will threaten the life and limb of those who disagree with them. Others threaten libel lawsuits which even if without merit, can cause a lot of wasted time and money to defend. The more effective the critique, the more probable such a threat and we all know, it only takes one nut case to ruin one's day.

• One reason for anonymity is that there have been zealots on free energy, LENR, psychic medium, religious and political web sites, etc., who will threaten the life and limb of those who disagree with them.

Really? I have never heard of that happening. Is there a documented example on the web somewhere? I am genuinely curious.

Others threaten libel lawsuits which even if without merit . . .

That I have heard about. Eugene Mallove was subjected to one that cost him a ton of money to get out of, by a crazy person in Florida named Ruggero Santilli.

(What is it about Florida?)

Really? I have never heard of that happening. Is there a documented example on the web somewhere? I am genuinely curious

If you are truly curious, I will give you two creepy examples by email. One was a chat which probably would be hard to find. The other was on a forum which is on the web but which I would prefer not to revisit. By now, many years have past, and the threats may have been removed.

Far as libel is concerned, a friend of mine wrote a tell all book and the subjects of the book threatened to get a prepublication injunction. That, in the US, is almost impossible excepting only national security, due to the First Amendment. Nonetheless, simply to prevent them from filing required an attorney and the charge for the retainer (which you don't get back) was $6000. He researched the law, wrote two letters to the opposing attorney and they never filed anything, even after the book was published (currently 5 stars on Amazon) but even at that, it will take a while before royalties equal legal fees.

• Official Post

on both sides there is risks of Doxxing, and harassment... true or not one might be afraid to have a broken career, trouble with colleagues and peers, either to think differently, or just to talk to outlaws, or even be harassed by activists .

Anonimity is a problem, pseudonimity, as long as it is quite stable and allows establishment of a "reputation" (branding in fact) may be a good compromise. I think that being gay is more acceptable in academic community than stating politely ones disagreement with LENR experimenters.

Another point is not to endanger ones organization which is not at all connected to one's opinions.

If an Amazon developper exchange about LENR, this does not mean Amazon is interested in LENR, and may endanger a career.

• Official Post

Meanwhile, it is wonderful that there is now a thread limited to only Rossi-positive comments. As everyone knows, the most valuable discussions of ideas are always those where no critical remarks are allowed. Ask any Stepford wife.

That is an untrue statement. The title of the thread is QX Concepts - A less critical Rossi thread. It doesn't say 'no critical remarks allowed'.

• Let me be blunt. If a group of us want to discuss the technical aspects of Rossi's technology without our exchanges being interrupted by people making OFF TOPIC posts, then we have the right to do so as long as the general policy of this forum is that threads should stay on topic. It doesn't matter what Rossi has done over the years. He could eaten kittens alive or plotted to take over the world with Hitler. That has nothing to do with a conversation about technical matters. The fact that some of you have a problem with a thread existing that you can't disrupt is proof that you have an agenda or you are filled up with so much hatred that you have become irrational. If you don't want to participate in such a thread, that's fine! I've already said that I didn't want you there! Or if you want to express your hatred of Rossi in another thread, as long as you are not breaking the rules of this forum or making that thread go off-topic, that's fine too. But all of you are simply inspiring me more to keep that thread alive and going!

Listened to Darden's short speech to open ICCF21. He did not talk about IH, but spoke instead in broad, sweeping terms about group think, cultural conformity, deniers vs thinkers ...

Yup. Most CEO's great strength is shoveling bovine manure and many CEO's are not much good at judging anything of a technical nature. There are, of course, extreme exception (for example Musk and Gates) but there are plenty who meet that pessimistic description. If Darden had sufficient critical thinking and technical aptitude, he would not have been swindled out of more than $11M by a primitive crook with an extensive prior history like Rossi. Rossi's lack of talent and truthfulness should have been evident to any careful observer since at least 2013.

What I'd like to hear Darden talk about is how and why he was conned and what can be done to prevent this sort of blatant waste. That would earn him a lot of respect. Fat chance he ever will though. And I suspect he will repeat the error, perhaps several more times, being busy keeping his mind open rather than skeptical.

Group think and deniers are not the problem with LENR. Lack of proven performance and consistent, replicable, clearly impressive demonstrations and experiments is.

It doesn't matter what Rossi has done over the years.

Right because he can be a know-nothing swindler all his life and suddenly do world-changing scientific research in a complex field? This sort of thinking is exactly why Rossi keeps finding marks, over and over again, no matter how dumb his devices have looked or how deliberately deceptive his tests have been.

• I won't sully the waters of the Rossi Rainbows and Unicorns thread, but I had to marvel at Adrian's comment there:

"You don't know the details of the design, the materials, the fuel, nor the output from the power pack.

As Rossi is very secret about such things it is unlikely we will get to know them in the near future."

This is from the man who claims there is plenty of reason to believe that the QX actually works. And that confidence is based on.....??

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.