Clearance Items

• Official Post

Just to be precise, it was IH who raised Rossi to the podium with millions in funding and then used that pseudo-image to collect tens of millions of investment capital (among others from Woodford). With a professional and proper due diligence this should never have happened. So IH and their protagonists are not entirely innocent of the status Rossi still has today.

• Official Post

Shane - you're letting a multi-decade criminal genius roam freely & dominate the only functional public CF discussion forum on the planet. There was a window when the leadership opportunity was there for the taking. Instead - you're letting the repeat cycle run again with mod support. We got taken and it was costly.

If and when someone else gets taken beyond time lost - LF will have played a role in making that possible. When will enough be enough?

Dewey,

What you say is true. We do allow talk about a criminal genius. Not sure he "dominates" LF, but granted, he is a popular topic. As you well notice though, most of the comments are negative, as they should be. Over all, I believe anyone coming to our forum for the first time, would not get a very good impression of Rossi. They would see him as you, and I see him...dishonest. Even the few supporters here agree with that. Certainly any potential investors too lazy to do their own DD would walk away knowing his deceit at Doral rose to the criminal level.

Seems like a good public service we are doing by reporting on Rossi, so it baffles me you want us to censor the little positive talk about him? What there is, is harmless, and no potential investor should be be swayed by it. If they are, then they deserve what becomes them. Reminds me of when Darden first considered approaching Rossi to work out a deal. He did some research, so knew about Petroldragon, and the many warning signals already being sounded about the unscientific Ecat demos, met Rossi in his Miami condo "headquarters", and still decided to go ahead anyway.

Maybe had LF been around when Darden was deciding, he would not have done what he did? I say you should let it go about restricting Rossi talk. You can, and have made your point about him many times, and IMO that is the best thing you could do to prevent others from making the same bad decision you did.

• Same old convenient tired words - the Swedish physics academics, some of whom are apparently still involved (why???), were pretty convincing on the due diligence side of the equation. That was good enough for many of us back then. Its clear R SPs / stooges have their way around this place as the drift towards LF ECW continues. Alan wouldn't recognize free speech even after it hit him as a chocolate thunder-dunk punch in the nose.

• Agreed,

Let it go.

I would however be interested in your review of all LF responders to see % of believers/non believers.

My guess is 11% for vs 89% against,

And Alan would be considered a for.

• Official Post

First time Darden saw the "Swedes" report, was the same day the DD/VT (Validation Test) took place on Apr 31 2013. A little late to be convinced...no? Even before then, you guys had more than enough documented history of fraud to walk away, but you did not.

Look, I am not criticizing the decision Darden made with your consent. In the end, what IH went through showed us beyond a shadow of a doubt, what kind of person Rossi is. Since then, you have consolidated the research, and provided some guidance on the way forward. Maybe your team will even be first to market. So why you persist in using your leadership position in the field, to have your way here, does not make sense to me.

• Shane - We were intentional and took huge risk because we wanted to see if CF could be proven up or down and if up, in a worthy enough manner to support an attempt to re-invigorate the field with an eye on eventually making CF useful and available for humanity. Some or all of the Swedes were also either duped or are now complicit.

We may eventually accomplish our goal but in the mean time, thank you for making my point. You're letting an established multi-cycle fraud run rampant on this forum with his tried and true method under mod cover / support. The field doesn't need another ECW - reverse the trend - your frog water is approaching simmer.

• Right on cue Gru.

Insisting on an awakening against the incipient re-creep towards some snippet of legitimacy using only words and very poor stage craft is not forcing anything.

How many times does this cycle get to run? The R'ster is howling at the ignorance and ease with which he gets to practice his craft. What is it about hope and technology against the guise of duplicity that enables this opportunistic condition?

Then again - if some folks here need the entertainment then perhaps such a need should be recognized and moderated as such.

• In order to retain a sense of proportion, I would remind everyone that we are talking about a 'less critical' Rossi thread - not a pro-Rossi one.

Until Rossi (1) publishes a detailed description of the innards of the QX or an independent party takes one apart and (2) there is even a shred of evidence that the thing in any way does what Rossi claims, having a thread devoted to “replicating the QX” and not permitting critical comments is about as pro-Rossi as you can get apart from actually providing a post office box where you can send him money.

• If Rossi is so close to produce, sell and install his new nuclear steam production plant, he probably may have needed to apply for a permission at the responsible US agency NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission) for this quite some time ago. The need to check a lot....the more since it became recently public (not sure if one can call it public, if written on ROssis blog or ECW...) there are real concerns related to radiation...

I cannot imagine that installing a new nuclear driven power plant - even if it simply produces steam or process heat for an individual industrial customer - can be done without knowledge and permission of the NRC. There is an interesting document that talks about
    "Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Small Modular Reactors and Other New Technologies"
    (
    https://www.federalregister.go…nd-other-new-technologies).

So maybe there is a chance to look for companies or names / applicants related to Andrea Rossi, Leonardo, the E-Ccat or QX or SK....but i doubt. The rules on this topic are very strict...

• Official Post

having a thread devoted to “replicating the QX” and not permitting critical comments is about as pro-Rossi as you can get apart from actually providing a post office box where you can send him money.

If you cannot tell the difference between 'less critical' and 'not critical at all' I advise you to avoid working in a nuclear power station.

Maybe had LF been around when Darden was deciding, he would not have done what he did?

There were many internet forums discussing Rossi back in 2011-2012. Ecatnews.com predominantly even though this was censored until owner "Paul Story" saw the light.

Same old convenient tired words - the Swedish physics academics, some of whom are apparently still involved (why???), were pretty convincing on the due diligence side of the equation.

That was not due diligence by the furthest stretch of the imagination. IH should have hired its own experts from the industrial and academic community to advise them, at least on which tests to require Rossi to allow and how they should be performed. Rossi's colorful criminal history should have been a clue along with the scam he pulled on DOD with the thermoelectric devices. The principals who lost around $9M in that caper should have been extensively interviewed about Rossi and I bet they weren't. Somehow other companies considered Rossi as did NASA and none would give him money based on the same facts that IH considered. IH's vetting of Rossi was done negligently and incompetently. IMHO of course.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.