Clearance Items

• Hi Jed. Let's say that the 'independent' part is ongoing, actually we haven't asked anybody to do that specific thing, we are more interested currently in verifying (independently) the gamma situation. People can argue about calorimetry till either their tongues turn black and fall of (as you know) or the listeners ears do, but the gamma stuff is way more interesting for all sorts of reasons. In particular, heat just tells you something is happening that makes things hot, but gammas are like fingerprints, unique patterns that link to identifiable suspects.

Agreed,

Keep testing/experimenting until your data can be continuously replicated,

THEN, get independent verification, (by trusted sources), of your results

• Official Post

Agreed,

Keep testing/experimenting until your data can be continuously replicated,

THEN, get independent verification, (by trusted sources), of your results

Being done as we speak, and the reactors are in good form putting on a double show. Not that this is the first group to the barn, nor the most qualified, but with the numbers involved, cross section of expertise, resources available, and equipment, this will certainly qualify as an independent verification.

And thanks to Wyttenbach for being there, to work with his counterpart from the cavalry. Great team effort.

Crossing my fingers.

• Being done as we speak, and the reactors are in good form putting on a double show. Not that this is the first group to the barn, nor the most qualified, but with the numbers involved, cross section of expertise, resources available, and equipment, this will certainly qualify as an independent verification.

That is not independent verification. Independent verification consists of some group constructing their own reactors and getting the same results without the direct participation of the original researchers.

• Official Post

That is not independent verification. Independent verification consists of some group constructing their own reactors and getting the same results without the direct participation of the original researchers.

OK then, I was wrong. It was not independent. Nonetheless, it was a very rigorous process. Keep in mind; to their credit they initiated this, and then willingly subjected themselves to a thorough going over, so that should count for something? That said, my last say on this matter is :thumbup:  

And also, by your definition, BEC has been independently verified by SRI, so I would assume that based on that, you are a full believer in LENR?

• Official Post

In my use of the english language, that's independent replication, not verification. Verification is when I say 'is that the moon up there, and you say 'yes, definitely', or alternatively, 'no, it's a streetlight'.

• The radiation is not always apparent. Recent batches of our fuel ( to a slightly different recipe) are showing abundant excess heat, but very little radiation- though they have not yer been heat-cycled so often as others, and this may change as the system 'organises' itself.

This seem to invalidate Russ's statement that all that claimed success in LENR should measure an excess radiation. From my point of view you have been rather very lucky to find a mixture that produces Gamma Rays. But for Excess Heat production this is not needed, right?

• his seem to invalidate Russ's statement that all that claimed success in LENR should measure an excess radiation.

Radiation is the faint smoke of the fire. You need to know where to look and you should do careful backgrounds.

Nobody knows the exact rules. So you should not draw any conclusions.

We relay on radiation because it is the most compelling proof.

• OK then, I was wrong. It was not independent. Nonetheless, it was a very rigorous process. Keep in mind; to their credit they initiated this, and then willingly subjected themselves to a thorough going over, so that should count for something? That said, my last say on this matter is :thumbup:  

And also, by your definition, BEC has been independently verified by SRI, so I would assume that based on that, you are a full believer in LENR?

Following Alan's terminology, what seems to be going on here is some sort of verification process. I'm not sure I would call it "independent" verification. It is more like 'guided' verification. And, sticking with the same sort of terminology, I would class SRI's studies of the Brillouin prototypes as independent verifications but not independent replications (because SRI did not build the cores themselves from a recipe).

You want me to be a full believer in LENR because of SRI's reports? Sorry, that is too black-and-white and I'm more of a Bayesian type of guy. I would still like to see independent replication and I'd like to see a bigger effect so as to leave competing non-LENR explanations in the dust. Still, the SRI experiments have increased my estimation that LENR may be real.

• In my use of the english language, that's independent replication, not verification. Verification is when I say 'is that the moon up there, and you say 'yes, definitely', or alternatively, 'no, it's a streetlight'.

Ahh, I think I understand now what “independent verification” means:

In Rossi’s language “independent verification” is when Rossi says ‘this here is an e-cat and this here is dry steam’ and some retired Swedish profs say ‘ah, yes - it’s steam... interessting’.

How often was the e-cat “indipendintly verified”?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.