Los Alamos Daily Post: Los Alamos Scientist Awarded Giuliano Preparata Medal (Dr. Thomas Claytor on Tritium detection in LENR experiments)

• Official Post

An article in a Los Alamos news about the Preparata Medal he received at ISCMNS Workshop in Asti.

http://www.ladailypost.com/con…-giuliano-preparata-medal

Most important is the science, his key work on tritium detection in LENr experiments.

Claytor has collaborated with investigators at other organizations to improve hydrogen isotope and neutron detection from solid state LENR cells. Since his retirement, he has maintained his connections to Los Alamos National Laboratory as a Guest Scientist.

While at LANL, in addition to on and off research into LENR funded by Laboratory Directed Research and Development, Director’s Reserve and technology transfer funds, Claytor worked on various instrument and materials projects. He developed the first large area a-Si neutron tomography system at the Los Alamos Neutron Science Center (LANSCE). This work eventually resulted in a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement with Hi-Tek resulting in more than $20 million annually in sales for the company and royalties to LANL.

Prior to his retirement, Claytor received five patents, a Department of Energy Defense Program Award of Excellence, a LANL Distinguished Performance Award and two R&D 100 team awards He has mentored some 34 graduate and undergraduate students and sponsored Ph.D. research at three major universities. He received NASA and Siemens awards for excellence in and sustaining mentoring in 2003 and 2004.

Beyond his work, his career can talk, like the one of Bockris, of Fleischmann, against the myth that the LENR scientist are all incompetent and fringe.

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

• Once he recognized I was skeptical, he broke it off.

There is nothing worst for a Scientist of that level to lose his time with a skeptical who will not accept any argument.

Is quite nice to see that a Scientist of that level can study LENR without giving up his career because of pathoskeptical bloggers.

• If you read the article, Dr. Claytor is retired from Los Alamos and the medal was not awarded by or at Los Alamos. Instead, for better or for worse, it was awarded by an association of the "usual suspects".

• kirkshanahan wrote:

Once he recognized I was skeptical, he broke it off.

There is nothing worst for a Scientist of that level to lose his time with a skeptical who will not accept any argument.

Is quite nice to see that a Scientist of that level can study LENR without giving up his career because of pathoskeptical bloggers.

4 or 5 emails does not a discussion make. It is impossible to tell from 2 or 3 emails if a person is pathologically holding onto a belief or not. Every scientist who thinks he/she is onto something is reluctant to give it up, and it takes a reasonable amount of discussion to change that. Claytor used a Femtotech ionization detector to supposedly detect tritium he was forming by a gas plasma. That process also spits out other stuff that gets blasted off the surfaces of the apparatus. Claytor knew this because he said he made sure it wasn't water (one of the typical contaminants from this activity), but his assertion was not as well defended as I'd like, so I asked for clarification. He replied with very little new info, so I pointed that out and asked for more details of his procedures. He never replied. (Disclaimer: this is how I remember it happening...) That's not 'pathological skepticism', that's normal skepticism. This kind of request happens millions of times a day. But I'd bet Claytor checked with his buddies (probably Storms) who told him all about me, and he trusted their assessment instead of checking it himself (just like Melvin Miles recently admitted he'd done by admitting he hadn't even read my papers (while signing off on the strawman "random Shanahan CCSH" thing)).

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.