Rossi vs. Darden aftermath discussions

• I've also worked for fortune 10 companies, for 15 years, and had my own business for 15 years, spent my own money on patents and R&D, own money on litigating patent/proprietary information, licensed technology to other companies, . . .

Then of all people, you should appreciate a good rough and tumble IP dispute. These are not events where you hold hands and sing Kumbaya around the fire.

and I can guarantee that we have NEVER conducted any such "liberties with the truth" to defraud customers, obtain contracts, funds, etc.

I'm glad to hear that, although obtaining contracts and funds is not such a terrible thing.

• . . . When, for decades, those ignorant ole hoards of physicists, mathematicians, varied engineering and trades fields have been toiling away in universities, companies, government labs, millions of man-hours, and billions (if not trillions) of dollars on all that silly education, science, complicated experimental apparatus, analytical equipment/instrumentation, and software--and they ALL missed the fact all they needed was some rusty plumbing scraps, surplus meters, pumps and power-supplies, pixie-dust and a purchased PhD. Amazing.

Sorry, but I'm not going to let you get a pass on this one. Plasma physicists have literally wasted billions (if not trillions) of taxpayer money on promises that are always 50 years out. They nearly crushed cold fusion in its early years with their lies and underhandedness. Many of them are now on taxpayer funded pensions. I have few good feeling about these folks. I'll take a few resourceful inventors who pound the pavement for their own private funding, over the entire lot of them.

• Rossi exhibits bad business practice so much that he almost defines the term. i think sometimes the distinction between those here who naturally want to stick up for him, and those who naturally view him with suspicion, comes from whether you understand that good business (and good research) comes from honesty and good relationships with others.

The self-righteousness on this forum is at an all-time high.

• How do you know this? Have you been in touch with the authorities? Are you a law enforcement agent?

Because I do. And because you all are naive and silly to think otherwise.

You seem to be sure of yourself about a wide range of subjects.

I've been blessed with a life full of experiences, education, friends, and subjects. My writing and predictive success rate speak for themselves. I don't always get it right, but I mostly do.

• laughable, Rossi attacks IH by bringing a suit and then proposes an agreement to walk away from his attack. I do not see him winning a battle but backing away from his attack when he found that he could not prove his case against IH to get $89 to 200M and recover his IP. There would be no "bankrupt trick" unless Rossi lost the case. Rossi knew full well before he brought suit that IH would likely be able to bring more money than he could to the table. He gave up and ran away.

Rossi folded like a cheap umbrella, and ran away with his tail between his legs, when his irrational bluff was called, and he could not prove HIS case ( the one the HE brought) without perjuring himself and his lawyers. IH simply cut their losses (certainly to more legal fees), and small risk of losing. They'd already written off the $10M that they foolishly lost, the counter-suit was to up-the-ante on Rossi, and it worked.

• The self-righteousness on this forum is at an all-time high.

Perhaps you'd like to explain why regarding those who lie and cheat in business as counterproductive is self-righteous? I'm speaking from a long (though admittedly second-hand) knowledge of a growing business where tough decisions had to be made. Where do you get your views from?

• Right, as if that settlement agreement hadn't had numerous back-and-forths already. Give me a break.

So soon you forget that it was Rossi that brought suit and a settlement or a win on the primary suit would net the same for IH. Also that it was Rossi that made the offer of the settlement to drop his suit that could potentially cost IH money in continual legal fees.

[email protected] wrote: If Rossi has been shown to be a crook then what does it take to get you to pick up the phone and call Florida criminal authorities to alert them to the evidence of his fraud which has been entered into the court docket and can be used to put him away for the crime?

Jed wrote: You are being silly. That is not the job of anyone here. There is no need to do this; the authorities have been informed. I have no idea whether they will do anything

• Indeed someone has taken the trouble to make sure Florida authorities are clued in, in detail, about Rossi. However, Florida has a lot of fraud and abuse and tons of other crimes. Rossi is a piss-ant trivia compared to some and his priority is probably low. Investigations take lots of time and effort. Penalties for white collar fraud tend to be low. It just may not be worth the effort but it sure would be gratifying to see the man imprisoned again.

• So soon you forget that it was Rossi that brought suit and a settlement or a win on the primary suit would net the same for IH. Also that it was Rossi that made the offer of the settlement to drop his suit that could potentially cost IH money in continual legal fees.

I doubt you understand how these things work. Settlement negotiations probably began before the lawsuit was even filed, and if not before, shortly thereafter. There would have been multiple drafts passed back and forth throughout the litigation, with shifting terms depending on the strength of each side's position in light of new facts continually coming to light. By the time the trial was about to start, all of the sides would have nearly been on the same page in terms of settlement, with just a few terms (or possibly even one) holding it back from signatures. At the end of the day, everyone got what they wanted, although in my opinion, IH came out with the short end of the stick.

Really? He was able to get a settlement with a company that was much powerful than his . He demonstrated to be much stronger then IH..... so I think he is not to bad doing business.

Really, you say? He sued for $90M, he received nothing on his complaint, he had to pay all (millions) of his own legal bills and in return for all this, he got back completely worthless so-called IP and a few pieces of industrial junk. That sure was brilliant business practice!

Do you really think that the E-Cat does not work just because IH (in the end) said it?

Gosh no. That was the frosting on the cake. Have you failed to read and appreciate ALL the reasons Rossi is a con man and a crook and none of his supposed tests were valid since 2011? Wow!

Because I do. And because you all are naive and silly to think otherwise.

Rossi has been lying and conning for six years (much longer if you count what he perpetrated on poor Focardi, the thermoelectric debacle and Petroldragon) and has NEVER done anything worthwhile, credible and verifiable in his ENTIRE life. You buy his silly tales and the skeptical ones are naive and silly? You have one powerful reality-distortion field surrounding you!

• I've been blessed with a life full of experiences, education, friends, and subjects. My writing and predictive success rate speak for themselves. I don't always get it right, but I mostly do.

Apparently you think the Penon report is valid and it indicates real excess heat. That being the case, your technical judgement is disastrously wrong. With your knowledge of science you would fail junior high school. Don't pat yourself on the back. You suffer from the Dunning Kruger effect. See:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Indeed someone has taken the trouble to make sure Florida authorities are clued in, in detail, about Rossi. However, Florida has a lot of fraud and abuse and tons of other crimes. Rossi is a piss-ant trivia compared to some and his priority is probably low. Investigations take lots of time and effort. Penalties for white collar fraud tend to be low. It just may not be worth the effort but it sure would be gratifying to see the man imprisoned again.

Someone should make a call to the Florida Dept. of Revenue, and IRS, (they have anonymous tip lines, and are worse to deal with than the court-system) just to make sure that Rossi, Leonardo, JM Products, et.al. are paying their fair share of that $11M in taxes to the fine state of Florida and citizens of the US, since everyone knows that Rossi is scrupulous business person, and would never try to evade taxes, he has nothing to be concerned with.

• strange twisting. It was Rossi that brought suit. It was he that had to show with the preponderance of evidence that he had what he claimed so he could get $200+ M. The countersuit was only a defensive position after Rossi attacked IH by claiming he had produced excess 1MW for an extended time. He could not do it.

IH alleged fraud. The information is entered into the docket regardless of who brought suit. It is considered to be under oath, and is usable in a criminal fraud case, which so many around here think is such a slam dunk that they are surprised by the outcome. If the evidence in a civil trial doesn't rise to the level of preponderance of the evidence then it certainly doesn't rise to the level of beyond a reasonable doubt.

• The chance of Rossi being prosecuted for fraud .. when the "victims" are multi-million-to-billion-dollar funds , where there was a (badly-written) contract, where both parties switcherood their companies, where the victims already paid $11.5m (and didn't seriously dispute the acceptance test), where the "victims" had the resources to do supa-dupa-dilligence but didn't, where there was a (crap-shoot who'd win) court case, where the victims "walked away" with a nothing/nada/zip settlement ...

0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 %

OK : not ABSOLUTE zero, but pretty close.

• I was looking forward to the evidence in Rossi vs. Darden to come out, one way or the other. Then you get to say that it has been "proven" at least in a legal sense. But it was never hashed out in court, so we have guys like you saying the Lugano report was thoroughly debunked and other guys saying that's a bunch of bullshit.

Do the Lugano report participants acknowledge their mistakes? That's where the rubber meets the road.

That is, once again, the problem with science. There is no central authority we can take this to and force through these issues. It is one of the reasons that Rossisez "In Mercato Veritas". In the meantime we have evidence that has been introduced into the docket that so many of you call fraud, so you can hope that Florida legal authorities will bring criminal charges... which appears to me to have as much chance as you perceive Rossi has with coming to market with a working product.

• @ sigmoidal,

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I find that the support you provide for the above statement is convoluted and flimsy vs the overwhelming evidence from RvD that he is clearly a fraudulent con man.

Let's see if we can agree on something. I can agree that the evidences from RvD show for sure how he behaved, but IMO they are not sufficient to establish which role he plays in the Ecat story, especially after the counter-plaintiff settled, preventing the truth from emerging during the trial.

Rossi is a highly resourceful, talented PR guy, …

These characteristics of him were well known since long. Everybody knew that. Did you read the article I previously linked to you?

From http://www.infinite-energy.com…ng-a-lawsuit-in-lenr.html :

"… He knew PR. At one point when he was just starting to get up a head of steam and his ECat technology had not yet been named, I attended a meeting with him in the offices of a major public relations firm in offices above Grand Central Station. The firm leader was a colleague of a brilliant executive who had guided media for the company I’d worked with years earlier. Rossi was looking for financial support at the time and I thought he could use the introduction. He ended up describing to the public relations professionals how he had successfully hired writers to produce books about him and get them distributed in all the bookstores, making him “the biggest environmental hero in Italy” before events had turned his story in the opposite direction. He described the publishing costs, decided on the message he wanted to convey, hired writers, got the books written and designed, even told us how to get them into the bookstores. My friend who had arranged the meeting had worked for one of the largest PR firms in the U.S. and then been the public information director of a multimillion dollar corporation. “Rossi has a very sophisticated sense of this business,” he surmised. “He’s a really personable, charming, likeable guy.” …"

The excerpt above confirms what you said about him, but it has been written by people who was in close touch with him even before the Ecat was named. What could have they expected from such a talented man met in the offices of a PR firm? That he had really invented a way for fusing nuclei at low temperature? Or that he had the ability to do what he later did?

One part of this stage craft is JoNP. He created it. He manages it.

The first sentence is true, JoNP is a major part of the stage craft, but the other two are mere presumptions, which are in contrast with what Krivit wrote in 2010 and in 2011: http://news.newenergytimes.net…nd-rossi-reality-or-scam/

He is so good at creating these self-proclaimed 'masterpieces' that he now owns several million dollars worth of Florida condos. So you might be inclined to give him props for that.

No, I am not to. This is not my business. But those who gave him the several million dollars you are so upset about decided to let him keep them.

And I have to say, I think the tangential and conflicting scant sources you site to try to postulate that there is any significance to ownership of the JoNP URL or fake 'journal' other than Rossi as creator and manager is bizarre.

I'm not postulating anything (@ Roger: less than ever a theory!). I'm just occasionally reminding of what Krivit wrote in 2010 about the JoNP. It's bizarre that so many here harshly denounce the contents, but nobody takes care of the container.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.