Rossi vs. Darden aftermath discussions

• It did not clearly say in the report if the results were replicated or not. Until those results were replicated or tested by someone else, I would put a "question mark" next to them them.

LINR,

Fair enough. "Question mark" it is. I wonder what the highest bidder paid for their approved European patent (pending in the US) without independent verification? Or who, other than IH, would buy such a thing?

• About a strange story happened here, Ascoli65 had something to say

I can understand Ascoli's frustration. Levi and the Swedes accepted the Lugano challenge to prove the Hotcat's merits. If overunity, they would have done their duty as save the planet types to advance a revolutionary technology. Very admirable of them.

But in order to prove the Hotcat, not only would they have to do the test , but afterwards the scientific process would also demand they defend their findings. Refuse peer review in some venue, and the report is DOA. Especially so with something so controversial as LENR, and particularly so with anything associated with Rossi.

So by not defending Lugano, they basically wasted their time and effort, along with causing a lot of commotion for nothing. Only thing it accomplished was to stir up resentment for their "here it is, bye now, and don't expect me to answer any questions" strategy.

Alan, since you know Levi, maybe you could ask him why he bothered doing Lugano at all? Even if his team's findings were correct, by their refusing to defend their report, they essentially invalidated it. That is evident now -3 full years later, as clearly no one of note takes it seriously.

• If I remember correctly you were a fan of Rossi and defended him steadfastly on ECN. Is this still the case? Where do you stand now on Rossi? Where do you stand now on LENR in general?

I went to rehab for that, as I said the other night. Made it through in record time. A new man now, and Rossi-free since court document 194-03.

"Where do I stand now on LENR"...well, I need to hear some solid, good news soon, or I will be looking for a new drug to get high on.

• You do remember the whole Defkalion fiasco, don't you? It's safe to say that was the turning point of the whole saga.

Roger,

No, I do not remember DGT (Defkalion). You did not mnetion him, but I also do not know of Xanthoulis, their CEO. Nor DGT's claiming to have heated the Athens Police Academy. For that matter, I also do not know about NASA's Nelson paying them a visit and semi-endorsing their Hyperion reactor. Their moving to Vancouver, Canada, and then establishing a partnership with some college in Seattle...nope, do not know about that either.

I missed also the part where they spoofed the ICCF with their video and the pump thing. Then Prof. Kim aligning with them, and later, after DGT was disgraced, and he was hired by Cyclone Engines, and even later when IH funded him to the tune of $400,000.

Nope, I do not know this Defkalion you talk of. :)

• I follow both fusion( called hot fusion here) and these claims of CF/LENR which I find inconclusive at best. The next hot fusion reactor up is the Wendelstein 7 thing. This thing doesn't gain as much attention as ITER, EAST, NIF, etc because they are not trying to go for the homerun of overunity. Instead, they are apparently only trying to verify heating power, containment, and plasma generation. As these are the three most difficult items for hot fusion, this babystep approach makes sense.

https://translate.google.com/t…870882&edit-text=&act=url

• Rossi is truly a genius. He can access Skype but not the internet.

“We are under very strong winds and raid, with heavy flooding. Please inform on EW that I am not able to access the JoNP for the time being.

I am safe well shielded and working too, but completely insulated.

Hope and patience are necessary.

In this moment Skype is working, but it comes and goes

More goes than comes”

http://e-catworld.com/2017/09/…irma-bears-down-on-miami/

• “We are under very strong winds and raid, with heavy flooding. Please inform on EW that I am not able to access the JoNP for the time being.

I am safe well shielded and working too, but completely insulated.

Hope and patience are necessary.

In this moment Skype is working, but it comes and goes

More goes than comes”

Rossi is pretty well unique in this area in being so concerned with his day-to-day interactive communication with fans, WE, JoNP, etc. He is a showman by inclination and ability.

That fact should condition strongly any objective evaluation of his work, and I'm sure does for most observers. But, there will always be the 1% outliers, and 1% of a potentially very large interested audience in industry and academia is enough to keep things going. EW constituted the 1%, and this place has a fair number of them, so reading here you get a skewed view.

• Rossi is pretty well unique in this area in being so concerned with his day-to-day interactive communication with fans, WE, JoNP, etc

That fact should condition strongly any objective evaluation of his work, and I'm sure does for most observers.

I wonder which of you has the higher daily posting rate?