Rossi vs. Darden aftermath discussions

• No matter how you look at this,

IH got conned out of $10,000,000 by Rossi.

I say good for him,

I think the view you express above is common among the ECW people here. It is a little bit difficult for me to get in the head of someone who would root for Rossi conning other people out of millions of dollars. Is it a David v. Goliath thing? What is it that makes this seem like an ok or even admirable thing to do?

• If it were a con, IH would have seen it through to the end.

IHFB, I happen to know that you're smart enough to know that there is no basis for this conclusion. Dropping the suit was no doubt done in light of financial considerations, talking to Woodford, and noting how risky it would be to take this strange case before a jury. There may be yet other considerations. The fact of the settlement in no wise precludes Rossi having conned IH out of millions of dollars. I think this is something you yourself can appreciate.

• Eric,

Not so sure about that. They had the financial backing to easily take this to the jury. All of the heavy lifting was basically done. It was just a matter of presenting the case over the course of a few weeks. And if they were confident that it was a con, they would be confident in the jury's finding as such. Bottom line is, IH were not confident that it was a con. Ah hem, sorry about so many "confidents" in my explanation.

• Axil,

So why has Rossi not told us of this flaw before? He has represented the Ecat all along as ready for market, so if you are correct, you must have to admit he lied....right? And if what you are saying is right, maybe it was a good thing he was lying, because if he actually sold a 1MW to a customer as has claimed numerous times, and it melted, igniting the factory and burning it to the ground, and maybe the occupants also...well, he would be in jail.

Surprising too that the Doral warehouse never burned to the ground during the 365 day run, with 108 little Ecats, and 4 BFs with no telling how many Ecat units within each, running 24/7.

You can lie to yourself but consider this

Andrea Rossi

December 28th, 2013 at 8:32 PM

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-…33&cpage=4#comment-891334

James Bowery:

Very sorry, I cannot answer to this question exhaustively, but I can say something. Obviously, the experiments are made with total respect of the safety of my team and myself. During the destructive tests we arrived to reach temperatures in the range of 2,000 Celsius degrees, when the “mouse” excited too much the E-Cat, and it is gone out of control, in the sense that we have not been able to stop the raise of the temperature ( we arrived on purpose to that level, because we wanted to study this kind of situation). A nuclear Physicist, analysing the registration of the data, has calculated that the increase of temperature ( from 1 000 Celsius to 2,000 Celsius in about 10 seconds), considering the surface that has increased of such temperature, has implied a power of 1 MW, while the Mouse had a mean power of 1.3 kW. Look at the photo you have given the link of, and imagine that the cylinder was cherry red, then in 10 seconds all the cylinder became white-blue, starting from the white dot you see in the photo ( after 1 second) becoming totally white-blue in the following 9 seconds, and then an explosion and the ceramic inside ( which is a ceramic that melts at 2,000 Celsius) turned into a red, brilliant stone, like a ruby. When we opened the reactor, part of the AISI 310 ss steel was not molten, but sublimated and recondensed in form of microscopic drops of steel.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

E-Cat during meltdown

3(174).jpg

Another view of a meltdown a few seconds later on in the process.

hot-cat.JPG

• And if they were confident that it was a con, they would be confident in the jury's finding as such.

I think this is a big flaw in your reasoning. It's a case that has succeeded in attracting partisans who have been willing to interpret the evidence in wildly different ways. IH can be pretty sure for themselves that it was a con without having confidence that a jury will be persuaded of this. Whether IH are sure for themselves I don't know, although I would not be surprised if they were.

But the real formula to be optimized is whether IH would succeed in their countersuit. If they lacked confidence that this could be done, they would only throw away money in the end. But it is not IH's money to throw away; it is mostly Woodford's.

• I think the view you express above is common among the ECW people here. It is a little bit difficult for me to get in the head of someone who would root for Rossi conning other people out of millions of dollars. Is it a David v. Goliath thing? What is it that makes this seem like an ok or even admirable thing to do?

When the cobra fights the mongoose, one will loss and get eaten and one will have a good dinner. Business is war where there are winners and losers.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Axil,

That is the HT Ecat, that I already said has been reported to melt. The 1MW is made of the LT's however, that do not have a tendency to melt. Jed is in there too in your JONP reference, asking Rossi if this melting incidence is from the first Levi test. Rossi does his usual...can not comment.

Got anything better?

How do you know? You are making stuff up. Alternative facts, fake news, The meltdown happened in the first third party test.

• Yea, when you take a crudely engineered, executed, manufactured, and tested "kiln", crudley made cast ceramic and crudely embed a bunch of resistance heaters solidly in the ceramic, then pump several thousand watts into it (from the line), bad things can happen (again since it's crudely engineered and tested)--like thermal-shock (cracking or exploding), overheating/melting/oxidizing of the conductors, and then there is "thermal lag" depending on where/how temperatures are measured, etc etc. Rossi is too uneducated enough to know that all sizes of "muffle furnace" components (tube-like furnaces) can be readily purchased---why even make that component, when one could buy a vessel to put inside an existing working engineered furnace component. Plus, since it's known that Rossi doesn't even understand RMS, he probably had no idea how much power was being pumped into the resistive heaters on his hotdog cooker. As usual, those pictures and "explanation" by Ross are worthless (although the glowing hotdog kiln might impress some peanut galleries).

• Agree with that; sort of sad that people admire con-men,

Your old fashioned thinking are behind the times... Results count...

When Trump is criticized about his style he says: i am the president and you're not

Trimp is backed by the people who give him his power and the licence to say and do what he wants and he gets away free and clear. Does that bother you?

The world has changed...conmen. spinmen, salesmen, are in the ascendancy.

And Rossi is thriving...Rossi is happier than ever and where is IH now? Rossi is backed by his people who give him power. Leave those lectures on ethics back in your theology classroom. Learn to live in today's brave new world.

• Agree with that; sort of sad that people admire con-men, and when the money could have actually gone to something at least somewhat productive.

I do NOT admire Rossi or any of his ilk,

This is simply a case of "caveat emptor"

And IH was foolish, hopefully, future investors will look at this charade BEFORE they get in to deep.

• IH Fanboy

Because what strikes me as super interesting is the psychology of the pseudoskeps who deny evidence that is repeatedly placed before them. It's as if the sun never shines for them, even though we know the sun comes up every day. It's that bad.

Siwwie Wabbit. You *still* believe Rossi has/had a technology? You still think Darden is going to discover or buy the mother lode of LENR? Evidence place before them? You mean like all the pretrial testimony which conclusively proves that Rossi is a chronic, inveterate (invertebrate too probably) liar, and that the ecat does not work? You mean THAT evidence?

I H Fanboy to woodworker,

I thought that you readily admitted that matters of a technical nature were outside of your competence? So now you allege that we are the ones who are stones in this matter? If you are unable to judge technical matters, then perhaps you should withhold your insults.

Lawyers are pretty good at understanding evidence. And there is a lot of pretrial evidence for Woodworker to browse. And it's mostly against Rossi and says what I said above. He has nothing that works and never did. He does nothing other than lie, con and deceive and Darden was his mark. And the stuff his lawyers elicited was of dreadful quality, relevance and credibility.

• Most of that post is unintelligible, except the part about Rossi happier than ever, that would be logical, sort of like cult-leaders fleecing their brethren for $10M, then buying Rolls Royces (or condos), or a conman getting away with the ultimate con with no consequences. But, , he probably isn't totally happy (despite the unfailing fawning of his Brethren) , in that he didn't pull off the Ultimate Con, in getting another $89 M by suing a party he already conned (he folded like a house of cards on that one when his bluff was called, and lost a chunk of his $10M to lawyers). Now if you would like to take a wager on whether one sees any E-Quacks in the future being commercially sold, installed and working, (and I'll be generous and give Rossi three years), I will certainly take you up on that wager, and that offer extends to the other Rossi Brethren.

• Yea, when you take a crudely engineered, executed, manufactured, and tested "kiln", crudley made cast ceramic and crudely embed a bunch of resistance heaters

Spoken like the typical anonymous armchair critics who never actually do anything but spend their time insulting others who do.

You obviously have no idea at all about how difficult it is to develop something new without multi-billion dollar government backing.

• Darden simply got his butt kicked by a better businessman. It happens.

This is not "business." It is fraud and theft. If businessmen acted like Rossi, commerce would cease to exist. No one would negotiate contracts in good faith, or abide by them. Without trust there can be no business.

You have weird notions about how the world works. Calling this "business" is like calling armed bank robbery, "an innovative financing technique."

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.