Rossi vs. Darden aftermath discussions

• WCG - I'll leave you with something to ponder. A specific metering pump was designed to deliver strokes per minute with a specific diaphragm capacity and as a result, it is impossible a particular pump to go much above capacity, pressure independent.

Pace nailed it and there is an affidavit available to that effect in case anyone wants to get back in front of a judge but I digress.

Time's a wasting - arrivederci!

• WCG - I'll leave you with something to ponder. A specific metering pump was designed to deliver strokes per minute with a specific diaphragm capacity and as a result, it is impossible a particular pump to go much above capacity, pressure independent.

Pace nailed it and there is an affidavit available to that effect in case anyone wants to get back in front of a judge but I digress.

Anyone want to purchase one of those pumps and give it a whirl? Would be good to know who is lying.

I don't know if Shane D is in for a bet (I won't presume to speak for him), but I am. $10,000 (US dollars) that Rossi does not have a functioning, independently tested E-Cat QX and ready for commercial use (by a real company, not one controlled by or affiliated with Rossi), within the next 18 months, that does what he claims as of today.

I've been offering essentially that bet except up to $100K for more than three years but the problem is that there are no takers. Believers won't put cash where their mouth is. Implementing a bet would also be technically difficult, especially if you don't want to tie up your money for the duration.

I wasn't aware he had cancer. Frankly, if he told you that, I don't believe it. If he tells you the sun is shining you should expect to see it is raining.

He has been bald all along. It is a little odd that a bald person would use a toupee only after getting cancer, since the loss of hair would not change his appearance.

It's not impossible that he had skin cancer due to overexposure to sun, not uncommon in bald people. And then the cancer could range from something easily treatable (such as a basal cell) to something really nasty (like melanoma). While ridiculing cancer victims is in poor taste, Rossi set himself up with his (as usual) absurd and ridiculous assertion that he needs a magic wig because a simple hat won't protect him. Any decent hat without holes would. A straw hat might not but most fabric hats would work.

Another layer of complexity lies in the fact that if Rossi has what he claims he has, he most certainly will be delayed (or killed) by forces that would be hurt by such an invention.

This common believer assertion is stupifyingly stupid. Bottom of the barrel inanity. First, there is no way to kill the invention of a high power clean and low cost power source. People like Musk, Gates, Gore, and myriads of others would make sure it was developed REGARDLESS of who or what opposed it. Second, if for some unfathomable reason it did not develop in the US, surely China or Japan would develop it. Anyway, who would be hurt? The oil industry? You see them killing scientists who develop wind, solar and geothermal? What impossible nonsense! That sort of conjecture reflects on the person voicing it.

Well, I can lend a few of mine. Then perhaps we can enter into the following, and I'll give you 10:1 odds. That an e-Cat of some variation will be released into the wild sometime in the next five years, and will have a COP > 1. Again, I'm going all in.

I will bet you any amount you can cover up to $10K. We just have to figure out how to configure the bet and implement it. Maybe Woodworker has some ideas. And I bet he will take you up also, especially at those sucker odds you offer. One of the issues about such a bet is specifying how the "COP" is determined or at least by whom. And "release into the wild" has to mean real customers and positive testing by them.

If you can give me a nice and tight market i might trade with you.

I have no idea what that means. Does anyone?

• I will bet you any amount you can cover up to $10K. We just have to figure out how to configure the bet and implement it. Maybe Woodworker has some ideas. And I bet he will take you up also, especially at those sucker odds you offer. One of the issues about such a bet is specifying how the "COP" is determined or at least by whom. And "release into the wild" has to mean real customers and positive testing by them.

I have no idea what that means. Does anyone?

We can get it set up on the decentralized prediction market Augur, which should be out of beta by end of this year, and ready for real-world bets. The Augur system has built-in human verifiers. Everything is there to facilitate this. We can flesh out what "release into the wild" means and how the COP is determined, which can be part of the smart contract.

Dewey, Dewey, Dewey...first Rule of Experimental Science - 'Never believe the vendor. Trust but verify."

• IH Fanboy ,

Maybe buying a pump is the way to go.

But consider in the meantime how exactly a pump with a fixed displacement and a specific number (computer controlled) of maximum strokes per minute is to deliver more of an almost incompressible fluid than a small fraction more than the nominal maximum and mathematically calculable pump displacement-X-strokes-X-time volume of fluid.

To move substantially more, either the displacement must greatly increase and/or the number of stokes must increase.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.