Rossi vs. Darden aftermath discussions

• If may ask those that still believe in him one question. It would be what would it take at this point to doubt him?

Rigel,

An attempt to answer that question;

I believe the long term trend is still towards "The Rossi effect is real".

Rossi has come a long way. In Italy everything he did had a very amateuristic look and feel. His English was not the best, ditto his style of communication. In the last six years there have been disappointments, but he always has (partially) delivered on promises he made and i believe that this trend is continuing.

Skeptics will react with arguments like for example that the robotized factories, the donations to children with cancer and the sold plants are lies from Rossi that prove he is a conman.

I think that most of these arguments are besides the point (and most likely have explanations we will learn in due time). It is merely noise. The obvious trend of Rossi growing more professional and gaining more traction is what you should be monitoring. This is the signal.

The technological developments, the IH investment in itself, the info from the court documents, the outcome of the court case, Rossi's English, the Uppsala connection, the research papers, the announcement of two new presentations and so on and so forth, are all, proof for me that we are heading towards a situation where events will happen closer to each other. A climax perhaps.

In short, i would start doubting Rossi if the above described trend is broken. If he goes undercover, if he starts working on a different type of E-Cat and thereby is taking steps backward instead of forward, etc.

As of late i believe the we see a breakout on the upside of the trend. I hope Rossi can keep up this tempo and convince the world he has something.

Cheers,

JB

• we_cat_global

I really appreciate the honest response. I am glad you took the time to respond. Rossi is not my cup of tea anymore but was at one time.

I am no longer a fan of IH now either BTW. My nice guy 'goes out the window' when I think I am being deceived regardless of which side does it. Just business they will say but not once I think someone is not being honest. It's bad science regardless of whether or not if it is 'good business.' Hurts us all.

• Today the USS "Gerald R. Ford" flag-ship carrier has been put into service. The ship contains a new "nuclear reactor" of unknown type, that does not need conventional refueling.

Whether it is an LENR/Boron-fusion or Li-LENR reactor, we don't yet know. Just relate this info with the IH-settlement, the mfp show case in India and the known fact, that a large Japanese vendor of nuclear power plants did not follow up (some 15 years ago) it's huge COP technology to replace conventional reactors...

• Today the USS "Gerald R. Ford" flag-ship carrier has been put into service. The ship contains a new "nuclear reactor" of unknown type, that does not need conventional refueling.

Whether it is an LENR/Boron-fusion or Li-LENR reactor, we don't yet know. ...

Hilarious - how one can seriuosly believe that the US Military has an uknown new, maybe "LENR" ,reactor built into their warships, if there hasn't been any single documented successful replication or any other prototype of a non-thermonuclear reactor that requires the commonly used fuel in the past 20 years.... BTW, the press release talks about a new generation of "nuclear super carriers", with a more effective engine that can run with the initial "nuclear fueling" for ca. 20...25 years - but it is still a conventional nuclear reactor, nothing else.

• Twenty two pages of rehashing by the do nothing critics, with one actually saying they don't want to do that. Alan Smith , who does things, understands things better and takes a much more measured approach. How soon they forget their forecasts about the trial.

DT wrote: "I tested the Prominent pump of the photo in the report of Smith and discovered that you are right: if you pump water through a pipe 20 meters high it has a flow rate of about 32.5 liters per hour, but when I cut the column to 1 meter it pumped 68 liters per hour !"

Of course only IJ is to be believed.

The nay sayers are unable to grasp Rossi's philosophy. Only sales of working commercial units will convince them, no experiment ever will. Rossi does enough to convince investors. like those needed for mass manufacturing, but owes the critics nothing.

• AA said: Rossi does enough to convince investors. like those needed for mass buying of condos manufacturing, but owes the critics nothing.

I've just corrected your statement to be consistent with Rossi's past behaviour - maybe you've not been following this story in detail? I don't here mean con to be other than a description for parting investors from their money on the strength of clearly deficient demos and deceitful words. Perhaps he believes every word he says, every demo he conducts, in which case I don't think it would be fraud. Indeed we must allow that Rossi possibly believes his fantasies, since humans generally have more ability to deceive themselves than others and some here seem 100% deceived.

• Twenty two pages of rehashing by the do nothing critics, with one actually saying they don't want to do that. Alan Smith , who does things, understands things better and takes a much more measured approach. How soon they forget their forecasts about the trial.

DT wrote: "I tested the Prominent pump of the photo in the report of Smith and discovered that you are right: if you pump water through a pipe 20 meters high it has a flow rate of about 32.5 liters per hour, but when I cut the column to 1 meter it pumped 68 liters per hour !"

Of course only IJ is to be believed.

The nay sayers are unable to grasp Rossi's philosophy. Only sales of working commercial units will convince them, no experiment ever will. Rossi does enough to convince investors. like those needed for mass manufacturing, but owes the critics nothing.

DT signed off as A.R. at least once already, so I don't trust his experimental results.

The nay sayers are unable to grasp Rossi's philosophy. Only sales of working commercial units will convince them, no experiment ever will.

I am embarrassed for you Adrian Ashfield. You should know better than that old worn out, hackneyed and really dumb statement. Of course skeptics would be convinced by an experiment -- as long as it was a well designed experiment, performed by a credible organization, and not requiring significant participation by Rossi in the selection of measurement method. And if fuel were to be analyzed, it would be done without Rossi handling it. Nothing like that has ever taken place... and I predict it never will.

Rossi does enough to convince investors. like those needed for mass manufacturing, but owes the critics nothing.

Oh yeah, Rossi did a really good job of convincing IH, didn't he? As to owing the critics, that's a strawman. He does owe the field of LENR research and the other people who work in it and he just screwed them royally.

Why would IH fear that as upright businessmen of spotless reputation they would not be able to impress the jury more than AR, a man with a colourful past ahead of him?

Well, first off, IH's reputation, which has been discussed here before, is way far from spotless. Second, this was a contract dispute and both the contract, the technological claims, and the test results would be very difficult for lay people to understand. A misunderstanding could have cost Darden his entire business. Why would he take that risk when he could walk away owing only what he had already spent? Rossi has little or no money. Certainly not when compared to Cherokee and IH. What could Darden accomplish by winning over Rossi that would be worth that immense risk?

The real question about the settlement is why Rossi would walk away from it when he stood to make half a BILLION dollars. And when he had more than half the world in which to sell ecats and megawatt plants (ROTFWL!) regardless of how the lawsuit came out.

• Nobody knows what either side might have proposed as a settlement prior to the final settlement. As both I and Mike D have stated, and as the Federal Rules of Evidence provide, settlement discussions are not admissible at trial, so any alleged settlement discussions are just that, alleged. For all you know, IH proposed months ago what was finally agreed to and Rossi refused.

It is very unlikely that IH has made such a proposal to Rossi and that he has refused it. Rossi believes the IP is the most important thing, much more than the money he could have got with a win in the process. This was said in the interview with Mats but it is also evident from the settlement. So if IH had proposed much earlier to Rossi what was then settled in settlement, he would certainly have accepted and everyone would have saved a lot of money. I think Darden didn't do it because he also thought that it was important to own the IP. But then he has feared he could lose in the court and so surrendered to the settlement.

• It did not help that they failed to vet Rossi properly ahead of the contract and that the contract relied on a single person to certify the test and that IH did a horrible job of riding herd on Rossi and holding his feet to the fire for the year during which he ran his absurd and crooked test. All of that might have swayed the jury in Rossi's favor.

You and the other Rossi-haters have supported in hundreds of post the thesis that IH had overwhelming evidence against Rossi and that they would have destroyed him in court and now you say that IH could have lost the suit for these trivial reasons? I believe that if IH feared the jury it was certain for more concrete issues. One is certainly the difficulty of making them understand the most technical issues (difficulty that Rossi would have had too) and another is that probably many of their allegations would be dismantled by Rossi, such as Smith's "good ideas".

• Why would IH fear that as upright businessmen of spotless reputation they would not be able to impress the jury more than AR, a man with a colourful past ahead of him?

I suppose there is a lot of irony in this comment ...... defining Darden a man of spotless reputation seems to me really a statement that requires much courage ;)

• Rossi owes his critics and the whole "LENR world" a working device, after all his promises in the past decade...already forgot his still ongoing claims? Of course he did enough to fool his investors, I agree...

His investors worked alongside him, learned from him how to build a reactor and what fuel to put in, got excellent results in the first tests and collected several funds thanks to his name. Then, since they are incapable fleecers, they have sent everything in ruin.

Then, since they are incapable fleecers, they have sent everything in ruin.

I have to agree that IH / Darden were incompetent and negligent but even them, especially after they got other people and Boeing into the act, should have been able to distinguish a working reactor from a piece of junk. And they all decided Rossi gave them non-working junk, which, by the way, is what he has ALWAYS done to EVERYONE he has flummoxed in the last thirty years or more.

• I have to agree that IH / Darden were incompetent and negligent but even them, especially after they got other people and Boeing into the act, should have been able to distinguish a working reactor from a piece of junk. And they all decided Rossi gave them non-working junk, which, by the way, is what he has ALWAYS done to EVERYONE he has flummoxed in the last thirty years or more.

As for Boeing, it is more like Boeing decided that Darden gave him non-working junk, which didn't even have the correct fuel mix. The Boeing engineer tried to follow up with Darden, but was never sent a follow-up reactor. He ended up trying to make a few of his own with some spare parts, but was never given the correct fuel. Strange story indeed.

• Official Post

Is this eternal Rossi Bashing not boring for you? What is the point of getting the same old stories out of the cellar again and again? The fronts have long since been clarified, the one thinks that, the others something different. Is there nothing else important in your life? Why don't you just wait and see what is going on in LENR field in general and Rossi in particular?

• The nay sayers are unable to grasp Rossi's philosophy. Only sales of working commercial units will convince them, no experiment ever will.

I am embarrassed for you Adrian Ashfield. You should know better than that old worn out, hackneyed and really dumb statement. Of course skeptics would be convinced by an experiment

maryyugo. you suffer from an embarrassing lack of comprehension in most of your comments. I'll just use this one to make the point as I don't want to waste time replying to your inane comments.

I wrote that was Rossi's philosophy, not whether that was logical or not.

Is this eternal Rossi Bashing not boring for you?

No. But isn't the insane and senseless adulation of every Rossi scheme and trickery by his acolytes offensive to you?

@Adrian Ashfield You're correct. I should have said "I am embarrassed for you. You should know better than to accept such nonsense without an appropriate comment." My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.