Rossi vs. Darden aftermath discussions

• But, but, but, WHEN are we going to see the QuackX being sold by wholesalers or retailers, as promised for many years, and as promised is to be soon forthcoming? Why is Rossi even giving "demos" of the QuackX, the Believers have already stated that NOTHING other than mass commercial sales will convince the non-believers, and you do not need convincing--so why is Rossi wasting his time??

• (Tohuko University, Green Planet Inc., Nissan, Mitsubishi et al) Sweden (Elforsk, Vattenfall, Volvo et.al) as well US-Americans (National Instruments, Lockheed, NASA, etc.) and many more, so either they all have nothing, or they develop in secret on high tours in order to gain a competitive advantage, and they are all very glad that Rossi and Industrial Heat attracted the complete public attention, so that they can work inconspicuous.

I have been in contact with everyone on your list and with many other researchers. I do not know a single researcher, anywhere, who is glad that Rossi and I.H. attracted public attention. They all consider Rossi a fraud and a disaster to the field.

Also, several of the organizations on your list have not been hiding their work. They published in peer-reviewed journals or on the internet.

So, what you are saying is a complete fantasy.

• When I was still half-believing Rossi, I invested in the Woodford Patient Capital Trust as being a relatively low risk way of sharing in potential profit from LENR.

Admittedly, I got in when the fund was out of favour, but I'm a happy bunny now, with 19% return in 17 months.

So the IH/Rossi shenanigans have had no identifiable adverse effect, although the upside could maybe have been even better had the 1MW plant been a real thing

Good for you. You put your money where your mouth was. No downside. 19% upside, even though IH/Woodford supposedly 'lost' the case. And huge upside if it had been a real thing. Now what's the next good LENR investment on the horizon?

• But, but, but, WHEN are we going to see the QuackX being sold by wholesalers or retailers, as promised for many years, and as promised is to be soon forthcoming? Why is Rossi even giving "demos" of the QuackX, the Believers have already stated that NOTHING other than mass commercial sales will convince the non-believers, and you do not need convincing--so why is Rossi wasting his time??

He's doing it to raise his profile.

• Betmoose is untrustworthy because it is centralized. Either Augur or Gnosis will be the go-to prediction market of the future. Augur is closest, and should be out of beta this year. They are both decentralized platforms, and so, your bets are guaranteed, and nobody will run away with your funds (they are smart-contract based, which are censorship-resistant, and impossible to game).

Who is the prediction market of the present?

• @ maryyugo,

It's not a "journal". It's a misnamed blog which Rossi has perpetrated at least since 2011. He certainly controls it and one could assume he owns the domain as well.

Everyone here knows what the JoNP is. "Journal" was the ironic term used by sigmoidal, to whom I was asking an opinion about the 2 questions raised by Krivit on Vortex in 2010. The same 2 questions I already addressed to you one year ago (1).

In the mean time, the DoD didn't answer the inquiry on LENR raised by the US House of Representatives, and the lawsuit in front of the Federal Court of Miami did end as you know. So after more than 7 years there is no authoritative answer to the Krivit's questions, and sorry but your "one could assume" is neither authoritative, nor an answer at all.

(1) https://www.lenr-forum.com/for…D/?postID=30415#post30415

• Official Post

Why is Rossi even giving "demos" of the QuackX, the Believers have already stated that NOTHING other than mass commercial sales will convince the non-believers

He is back fishing again, that (demo) is the bait, and he is hoping a big fat investor takes the hook. From his ECW interview today, Rossisays he has had a few nibbles, but so far no takers.

• Ok, I think I've figured out the error that gives the high claimed COP of the quarkx. They claim 0.1V over a 1ohm resistor. This means there is 0.1 amp flowing through the rest of the circuit regardless of the unknown resistance in the rest of the circuit. If the ecat has a resistance of 0ohm (unlikely) it has 0 power through it. If it has resistance of 1000ohm, it has 1000 times more power going through it than they claim by Power=current *current*R. By stating the current through the ecat, not stating the resistance of the ecat which is trivial to measure, and implying the ecat has near 0 resistance, might be misleading. The ecat has to have a resistance or there is no way for it to absorb power. They are measuring the power over an un-involved resistor and claiming that is the input power which does not make sense. Their measurement technique for input power does not seem valid whether the actual power is higher or lower.

• Ascoli,

Some news on that popped up recently:

The Playground

"Two LENR research areas:

-Muon-Catalyzed Fusion: Broadly accepted, based on well understood physics

-Electrolytic Cell: Has not been reproduced independently and has not provided the necessary technical information to provide a scientific foundation for scalable research."

Seems like the authors of the slide deck have some catching up to do!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.