Rossi vs. Darden aftermath discussions

• IHFB, as I said outside of the magic reactor normal physics applies (my physics). So asking the questions of the schematic makes sense.

I believe you said its a type of battery, what impedence does this battery have, do you believe Rossi when he says zero ohms??

• WCG, I know it's hard for you to understand that technically minded people like us are entertained by investigating and explaining technically related 'super'-stories, as you have confessed that as a financial trader/investor, your particular focus, like Rossi, is on the outcome: making money. And your admiration for Rossi is well founded: he has used his skills and cunning to successfully become a multi-millionaire.

And by that measure, I think we all agree that Rossi is impressive.

In addition, we are interested in examining other dimensions of his behavior.

From our analysis, we've concluded that he is extraordinarily deceptive, and that his stuff doesn't work.

That does not change the fact that he skillfully acquired several million dollars of FL real estate. And as a financial measure, that's pretty successful. And especially from where you've stated you're coming from. Right?

But some of us live in more technical areas. So we also like analyzing other more technical and behavioral aspects.

I don't see this as 'bashing'. Based on the evidence, I would describe it as curious inquiry and truth telling.

But to each his own.

Cheers, as you like to say.

• IHFB, as I said outside of the magic reactor normal physics applies (my physics). So asking the questions of the schematic makes sense.

I believe you said its a type of battery, what impedence does this battery have, do you believe Rossi when he says zero ohms??

Rossi hasn't said that the reactor has zero ohms of resistance. He has said that one can assume it is zero, and if one doesn't assume it is zero, it makes for a more conservative determination of input power, and he is right.

• LENR Calender

Unless Ohm's law has recently been revised dramatically, if the resistance of the reactor is zero, the voltage across it will also be zero for any DC current through the loop. Equally obvious, the voltage across the fixed resistor reflects the DC current in the circuit under all conditions. That's if it's pure DC only, of course.

• Since we don't know the voltage across the reactor, we can't use P=V^2/R.

Thankfully, we know the value for current, so we can use P= R*I^2

Now, R is in the numerator and we can't say that assuming R=0 makes for a conservative measurement of power.

This isn't voodoo trickery, it's just a consequence of V=R*I; assuming R=0 is the same as assuming V=0 therefore it is not a conservative way to measure power.

The only case it would be conservative is if we had a measurement of V(reactor+resistance). Then we can use V^2/R and assume R(reactor)=0.

• So you are saying a plasma across a 1.5cm gap is created at less than a volt?? If so, its pointless discussing further.

That is indeed true, they apparently have never seen an arc-lamp power supply, replete with a high-voltage "starting" circuit (with leads that must have special silicone insulation to keep them from breaking down), and big DC power supply and controls to power the (mostly unstable/changing) conductive plasma "arc", or similar supplies used for RF excited arc ("plasma") lamps. Rossi now seems to be playing with arc-lamps (guess he figured some illumination might be more eye-catching to a new mark than rusty old static scrap pipe) . Hope he's wearing his safety-glasses, and using one hand to poke his "demos". It is a predictable ploy for Rossi, to now dabble in something that starts out with so many variables to create smokescreens (even he doesn't understand).

• sigmoidal,

Ha! With all the respect for your position, you are non-technical as well. Better equipped than i am to participate in a technical discussion, but sitting under your framed diplomas, writing grant proposals (how long, eighteen years?), doesn't make you an engineer. You do not live in a technical area. You merely describe it. And to be successful you have to write in such an indirect, bottom licking way (i have been there as well) that i imagine this forum is a great place to vent some steam.

Go ahead buddy, it's not your fault. We will be here for you, but i think the repetition of the same arguments, the same anger just not will make things better for you.

Cheers, as you now also sometimes like to say.

JB

• Rossi now seems to be playing with arc-lamps (guess he figured some illumination might be more eye-catching to a new mark than rusty old static scrap pipe

Didn't take you long to revert to your old habits. Perhaps you don't know what is happening and missed the bit about the SunCel plasma running self sustained.

Re your reply to my previous post, I think what I wrote there still apples.

• Didn't take you long to revert to your old habits. Perhaps you don't know what is happening and missed the bit about the SunCel plasma running self sustained.

Re your reply to my previous post, I think what I wrote there still apples.

I haven't replied to any more of your ignorant, deprecating posts (which you are well-known for), and also everyone knows you have a very high opinion of your opinions. (Oh, and I couldn't care less what you think..still applies). Get a hobby, become a moderator, or don't worry about my posts since you think they are useless.

• I suggest you two block on another (seriously); it would be especially welcome if Adrian would block anyone he doesn't approve of. That will keep the air clean for the rest of us.

Thank you Eric, I will do so.

PS, I do believe that Rossi is containing a self-sustaining energy-generating plasma with fusion inside his plumbing scraps...yessirreee--something that scientists have been trying to do for decades with all that superfluous high-tech apparatus such as ultra-clean high-vacuum/high pressure, chambers (when two toggle clamps, an old pipe fitting, and tape would suffice, those dumb scientists) complicated magnetic fields, lasers, etc etc. Rossi is indeed a (yet to be fully proved) genius!!!

• @Adrian Ashfield

SunCel plasma running self sustained

Complete nonsense. How in the world would you know that? Because Mills says so? It's a huge arc welder power supply melting some helpless piece of metal (or whatever) placed in the way. Razzle dazzle nonsense. Same old crap, same old hype, same old you falling for it.

Roger

I think it's quite proven now: [Rossi] either conman genius, PR genius working for some kind of NWO conspiracy (Ascoli65's theory), or inventor genius

What will it be?

None of the above. Rossi has been clearly shown to be a third rate, low grade, con man crook. Or perhaps you neglected to browse the exhibits in the pretrial depositions and submissions?

• Rossi has been clearly shown to be a third rate, low grade, con man crook. Or perhaps you neglected to browse the exhibits in the pretrial depositions and submissions?

If Rossi has been shown to be a crook then what does it take to get you to pick up the phone and call Florida criminal authorities to alert them to the evidence of his fraud which has been entered into the court docket and can be used to put him away for the crime?

• If Rossi has been shown to be a crook then what does it take to get you to pick up the phone and call Florida criminal authorities to alert them to the evidence of his fraud which has been entered into the court docket and can be used to put him away for the crime?

You are being silly. That is not the job of anyone here. There is no need to do this; the authorities have been informed. I have no idea whether they will do anything.

• It's interesting that you know so much about me. Prior to my transition to research career I worked as an electrical engineer, having graduated in the top of my class. I worked as an EE for over 10 years, starting at Boeing. I've worked on diverse projects such as the photo-deposition of doped silicides on wafers, high energy pulsed laser spectroscopy and material analysis with Raman scattering, flight avionics for military airplanes, real time image processing hardware design and high speed digital signal processing hardware.

I guess I was foolish to think that those were technical fields. But thanks for straightening me out on that.

It's also interesting that you interpret opinions contrary to yours as anger. Have you thought about consulting with someone about that?

All the best.

• Then of all people, you should have the empathy and understanding for Rossi that is so missing from this story.

I know that for some reason you have a mental block regarding the notion that Rossi is a con man. But he conned IH with his JMP ruse. He admitted it under oath.

I am not a con man. Nor have I ever published any research or communicated anything to a colleague that I thought was false.

In fact, I spend a lot of time helping people understand our findings.

But Rossi boasts about his episodes of lying. So when people call him a liar, or a con man, it's consistent with his own testimony. That's not slander, that's truth telling.

Rossi obtained his reputation 'the old fashioned way': he earned it by his behavior.

When I was slandered by others, it consisted of false accusations made to undermine the credibility of our findings. But eventually that backfired, because others independently verified our results. As it turned out, the slandering party eventually ended up with reduced credibility, because their slander came from an obvious conflict of interest. The accusation was false, and though the accuser has never recanted, it became obvious to others who was promoting the correct understanding regarding the finding.

It's the benefit of applying the scientific method and letting the chips fall where they may.

This is not how Rossi operates.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.