Rossi vs. Darden aftermath discussions

• As demonstrated also here by Rossi he has been completely cleared in the past and there are no accusation pending on him.

There, I fixed it for you (TIFFY)

• THH Mary FUD could be plausible just for people like you.

Focardi had the maximum respect and consideration by all his University.

If you ever would take time to read the docs in the net you would discover that his death was a tremendous mourning for the entire University.

Focardi had positive results on LENR much before meeting Rossi.

In that video from TED he appear sharp and clear in mind, A Great Scientist who says what he thinks in first person. Not an anonymous troll.

My point, and Mary's, which while speculative is reasonable "what would be expected" speculation, and in no way disrespectful to Focardi, is nowhere affected by this comment. Replying to relevant comments with facts not related as though they disprove the comments is well-known anonymous troll behaviour. I recommend you to sharpen your intellect and filter your posts to avoid it.

• Replying to speculations with yet more speculations is troll like behaviour for sure.

Really? Most of the comment here, and everything about LENR theory, are speculative. You have just classified the whole site as only of interest to trolls.

While as moderator your decisions are your business, I think this criterion would benefit from being made more specific!

Furthermore: my comment here was replying to a non-speculative illogical insult, and was itself not speculative. I note that you have green inked my: "Replying to relevant comments with facts not related as though they disprove the comments is well-known anonymous troll behaviour." Something a moderator might say? And not green-inked any of the quoted post that I was commenting on, which contained specific personalisation. I accept the "sharpen your intellect" sentence as overstepping the bounds of courtesy. Perhaps, since his/her posts cause me to make such comments I should just filter him/her.

• Official Post

Really? Most of the comment here, and everything about LENR theory, are speculative. You have just classified the whole site as only of interest to trolls.

All theories are to a greater or lesser degree speculative, LENR theory is in good company there, But speculating about the state of mind some years ago of a person of note now deceased is a task for either a historian or a psychic - especially when the speculation has nothing to do with actual science.

All theories are to a greater or lesser degree speculative, LENR theory is in good company there, But speculating about the state of mind some years ago of a person of note now deceased is a task for either a historian or a psychic - especially when the speculation has nothing to do with actual science.

Except that someone used Focardi's support of and long history with Rossi as a reason to believe Rossi. That makes his general condition and state of mind indeed relevant. Also Focardi's degree of blind faith in Rossi, trust and gullibility.

I had an extra 15 minutes in which I looked at the video of Focardi's lecture at the Ted talk. Someone kindly provided English subtitles. Dr. Focardi's lecture was clear and simple. A bit too simple in fact. Focardi did not say what parts of the experiments he witnessed nor how he made sure Rossi was not cheating him. I suppose that may be understandable early on. But Focardi made no mention of the fact that Rossi never reported calibrations, that the original ecat's largest heater could only heat the cooling water, and that the so-called megawatt plant required a giant Diesel generator to function. Those omissions and many others suggest that Focardi was simply fooled by Rossi. I will let you draw your own conclusions about his physical condition from what you see in the video. Deceiving Focardi, simply because he was a desirous mark at a vulnerable point in his life, is one of the most heinous and calculatedly vicious things Rossi did in the entire sordid ecat story. Splitting hairs about decorum in a forum won't change it.

• What is your point, those are a bunch of provisional applications that were never even filed as non-provisionals, much less anything granted. A provisional patent can be filed on ANYTHING (for a couple-hundred bucks), the patent office does NOT even examine a provisional application, and they EXPIRE after 1 year unless a non-provisional is filed, and are not published because they are not examined and considered abandoned. The priority date is also lost, so apparently the gibberish list wasn't useful enough to even file a non-provisional patent (within the 1 year or many years after) and if anyone came up with any of these "ideas", Rossi has no protection. (notwithstanding if there was any dispute, abandoning provisionals shows no due-diligence in protecting the invention and thus will generally be regarded by the patent office as abandonment by the filer of a provisional). What is your point, just more propaganda to the uninformed Brethren, that the dear moderator seems to foster. Rossi's "IP" remains his single Hotdog-Cooker patent, despite the gibberish above.

• From the document where that list was retrieved:

[...]5. IPH objects to this interrogatory on the grounds that it is unduly burdensome. Rossi and/or Leonardo frequently filed provisional patent applications and then allowed the applications to lapse, never converting them into non-provisional applications. Once the provisional applications are deemed abandoned it is not possible to obtain the application numbers and filing information from the USPTO. Additionally, because patent applications are confidential, it is impossible for IPH to know all of the patent applications filed by Rossi and/or Leonardo.

Subject to and without waiving the foregoing objections, IPH states Exhibit A hereto is a non-exhaustive list of patent applications that Rossi and/or Leonardo abandoned without complying with section 7.2 of the License Agreement.

• Non-provisional applications ARE published 18 months after filing. Again, that gibberish list of provisional are thrown in the trash, along with the numbers by the UPSTO after one year unless a non-provisional is filed based on the content of the provisional. Priority date is lost from the provisional, and since the world is now "first to file" anyhow, there is nothing Rossi could argue from his (abandoned) provisionals. Gibberish and propaganda by Rossi and Brethren. Rossi has one single granted patent on a Water-Heater (aks Hotdog Cooker).

• guest111

In case it wasn't clear, I wasn't defending Rossi.

Rossi's "trick" is that he lets his provisional patent applications expire only to file them again as provisional, year after year. This is clear once you sort that list by patent title. That way, Rossi gets to never publish them unless really necessary. In the documentation of the world application for the US-granted "Fluid Heater" patent there is an example of such provisional patents. This one in particular isn't in the IPH-provided list (which is "non-exhaustive").

• guest111

In case it wasn't clear, I wasn't defending Rossi.

Rossi's "trick" is that he lets his provisional patent applications expire only to file them again as provisional, year after year. This is clear once you sort that list by patent title or filing date. That way, Rossi gets to never publish them unless really necessary. In the documentation of the world application for the US-granted "Fluid Heater" patent there is an example of such provisional patents. This one in particular isn't in the IPH-provided list (which is "non-exhaustive").

Thank you, yes I understood. Well, that Rossi- "strategy" (like the "Rossi-Effect" he likes to hear himself repeat) is negligent from any competent IP strategy, since his not filing non-provisionals year after year would be considered to be severe lack of due-diligence and put him at a disadvantage in any patent dispute (of course, this is assuming that all his "applications" are not just jibberish and propaganda for his Brethren in the first place, which is a poor assumption).

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.