Rossi vs. Darden aftermath discussions

• My opinionbis that Rossi has figured out how to create, sustain, and utilize small scale spheromaks to produce seemingly tremendous excess heat. Perhaps his tactics and behavior have been typical of someone with a bad case of inventors disease, but I feel like his years of work have opened up the path for all of us to follow. If he has burned people with dishonesty, deception, and controversial tactics, they have every right to criticise him personally or expose his lies. But his technology could help the world. Those willing to imply that he never had anything just because they are furious due to his behavior are doing the world a disservice. Our language needs to be as precise, and we must try to keep our human impulses under control.

• Official Post

Director,

I am pulling for you. But if Rossi has an effect, Doral proved it is not "tremendous", and more on the order of Piantelli's....if that. Whom BTW, the story has it he stole the effect from in the first place. That is supported by the fact that Rossi, to this day, is still fighting against Piantelli's Italy patent. Even recently having it's approval overturned.

Personally, were I doing the lab work to replicate Rossi, I would just start saying I am trying to replicate Piantelli instead. That is more truthful, and easier than propping up such a dirt-bag as Rossi.

• Shane,

The whole situation with Doral was a mess and a very mixed bag in my opinion - made worse due to a multitude of factors including those that are not technological. The whole false - or at least extremely exaggerated - alleged connection of JM Products to Johnson Matthey could easily frustrate people to the point they have emotional outbursts and declare the whole demo-test-whatever (not going to get into a debate about the most accurate term) was a big giant hoax. But that would be a mistake. From what I've learned and put together over the past few months (connecting the dots between hundreds of papers that range from Ken Shoulders work, plasmoid physics, T.H. Morays systems, the Correa's PAGD, military spheromak fusion programs, and LENR), I'm covinced that likely every type of device he had built worked. This is not to say every single reactor, but every generation of E-Cat was a progression - sometimes sideways - towards more optimally creating, sustaining, and utilizing nano to micro sized spheromaks, in conjuction with embrittled fuels. Due to this, I'm unwilling to say that the plant didn't produce excess heat, but I'm also more than willing to say that a combination of factors make the official results ambiguous.

Rossi did indeed get initial help from the existing work of Piantelli and Focardi. But I'd say that he succeeded in advancing the tech by enhancing the fundamental processes already taking place to a very weak degree. For example, instead of only depending upon thermal and pressure cycles to induce fracto-emission of spheromaks (heavy electrons) and LENR inducing ripples of SPPs (quasi-EVOs) he created the conditions for them to be produced externally to the lattice, in the RF generated plasma or between nickel particles. Or, in the QX, utilizing a more classic spheromak induced fusion approach. Me356 is using the same philosophy in all of his systems.

I even have found reference to massive back spikes that can over heat and or destroy power supplies in multiple systems that were producing spheromaks or EVOs - even unknowingly to the inventors.

Rossi deserves credit where credit is due, but no where else. I'm conflicted if his misdeads and deceptions ( for example the Johnson Matthey nonsense) should be identified as direct transgressions or horrible symptoms of inventors disease at least partially beyond his control. I consider inventors disease to be a literal pathological condition created by the inability to keep a logical and emotional balance when confronted with the multitude of intensely stressful issues faced when possessing a revolutionary technology - especially the issue of who to trust when in reality there are some people who would like to steal it from you. Then when the money and greed factor shows up, rationality goes out the window. Rossi is no different that Patterson and his power spheres in this regard.

If I had a lab to work in, I'd have to work up a very good explanation of what I was doing, because this tech goes back far before Rossi. I'd say the founders were closer to Tesla, Moray, E.V. Gray, and the Correas. But Rossi's name would need to be added as well. He had made a real and significant contribution, even if his behavior (the whole lie about Johnson Matthey) takes away from it.

I despise certain politicians, for example, but if one of them steps forward to disclose a radical new technology, I'll give them credit even if they appaul me in other areas.

• Rossi is an extraordinary man, as well described by Marianne Macy in the early part of her piece. I too think it likely that his various E-Cats worked, if not as well as claimed.

It is very difficult to bring an invention using new technology to being commercial and the inventor is often forced to do things that are dubious in order to move forward.

I am not certain that Rossi has the solution, but I am certain his critics are wrong in being certain that he doesn't. They can't possibly know that.

His actions look more like those of a driven inventor than someone setting out to commit fraud. Time will tell. Wait for more information.

• Official Post

Director,

I can tell you do not know much about Doral. Nor do I think you care to know much more than his name dropping JM, even though that is only a small part of Rossi's deceitful, and dishonest behavior there. Fine. That is your choice. You are not the only one to take this path. The truth is out there for those like yourself that want it.

Going forward, there will be other amateur/hobbyist scientists trying to understand, or replicate the "Rossi Effect". To me it is just the same Ni/H/D effect that was first introduced by Piantelli in 1991. It is still small, and unreliable. Call it what you will, all that matters to me is for you get to the bottom of it. End justifies whatever means, as far as I am concerned. If Rossi motivates you in your quest, then so be it.

Amazing for me to say, but there may also be investors who are still tempted to partner up with Rossi. Or maybe he even has one now? According to Alan, they were lined up to meet with him at the Stockholm QX DPS, and Rossi himself said he has an investor now. As with you, Axil, AS, AA, Engineer48 etc. that is their choice. The facts about Rossi have been available to them, as to you, since the court documents were made available.

Caveat emptor.

• Official Post

Rossi is an extraordinary man, as well described by Marianne Macy in the early part of her piece. I too think it likely that his various E-Cats worked, if not as well as claimed.

It is very difficult to bring an invention using new technology to being commercial and the inventor is often forced to do things that are dubious in order to move forward.

I am not certain that Rossi has the solution, but I am certain his critics are wrong in being certain that he doesn't. They can't possibly know that.

His actions look more like those of a driven inventor than someone setting out to commit fraud. Time will tell. Wait for more information.

Adrian,

While the court documents were damning to Rossi, there were also some interesting nuggets in there that could support the theory he had, or has something, but it was/is small and unreliable like everyone else. For instance, document 167-02:

https://drive.google.com/drive…Ktdce19-wyb1RxOTF6c2NtZkk

• Official Post

There is always a chance of bi-polar personality. So everybody can be right about Rossi.

During the day Rossi A makes unsubstantiated statements to investors. Later at night Rossi B runs marathons as a punishment.

Also explains the fact that sometimes Rossi speaks broken English but then posts elaborate writing about theory and future research plans. Case closed.

• Empiricism is important to stick to if one is concerned to get to the truth of a technical or scientific matter. That is obviously and repeatedly precluded in this case. Once one steps beyond empiricism in this context, one is in the realm of faith. Faith has its place in life, but not in matters of science and technology.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.