Mats Lewan: Here is the Settlement

• Official Post

Why would Rossi want back his license

ecg,

Maybe an equally good question is why IH was willing to walk away from what Rossi claims is a world changing technology? They not only gave all the IP back to Rossi, but it sounds like they are not even licensee's anymore in the North American market. Sounds to me they have not the slightest doubt there is nothing to hold onto.

Honestly, I am happy on a few levels that IH did this, as Rossi now has no more excuses for one. He actually ran out of them (excuses) before IH came along, and IH bought him 3 1/2 more years. Now it is put up or shut up time for Rossi. Hesays he will move quickly in Sewden and the US. Let us see how quick. Should make Sifferkoll happy, as Hydrofusion is the Scandinavian distributor...yes, the same ones Rossi threw under the bus. A marriage made in heaven! :)

Also, Rossi said last week he will never talk about the suit ever again, and true to form, broke his word by blabbing to Lewan. Not that I am unhappy he did so...as it gives us information we did not have before, but also because now IH can start blabbing away. Not that Darden would, but maybe Dewey will find the opportunity irresistible?

And FTR, so anyone does not to have to ask me: I will be tickled if Rossi were to come through after all these years. Trust me on that. Do I think he will...hell no.

• Official Post

"Can you describe the technology?

“We produced substances with a very high added value. To do this we had to achieve an extremely high pressure inside small reactors that were introduced in larger tubes. The concept was to provoke contractions in certain materials, using heat exchange with the hot steam [from the E-Cat plant] and a pressure of a few bars but concentrating the force from the pressure on a larger surface, a few cm2, on much, much smaller surfaces, increasing the pressure proportionally."

Hmmm...so Rossi really produced something on that JMP side. I do not recall James Bass claiming to have ever seen a product come out...or did I miss that? He was there much of the day, right next to the JMP plant, so it would be kind of hard to miss it seems.

Oh well, maybe someone could ask on JONP what this product was, and who bought it? While at it, ask him also when his patent for the "circulator" in the heat exchanger system will be filed?

You know, this is going to be so much fun!

• ....PS: I now know why Darden looked so serious. He must have thought: "the settlement seems like a cheap way out, but what if the darn technology works? I look like the biggest moron that ever existed if i now give it away and it is proven. Why the hell does Rossi want his license back"?

OR Darden knows enough about technology and can send Rossi tu hell. He will continue with another slaves working for him. The same wanted Devkalion.

• Ha Ha Ha. The Ecat people did not receive one single penny, not even legal fees, from their case. IH/Darden have stated at least once in the past that Ni-H LENR does not work and that they were abandoning all research into Ni-H. So, they had the case settled by relinquishing rights to IP they had already deemed worthless? This is priceless. I fully expect Ecat operations to soon go the way of Steorn and defkalion in terms of completely shutting down and going out of business. Or, because no one in their right mind would ever again invest in the Ecat without rigid University physics lab level independent testing after seeing IH being sued, the Ecat will just slowly fade from sight like so many of these CF like "inventions" with nothing but occasional talk resulting from it. Say my name.

I doubt he got his license or the materials back. He is lying about that.

I don't. Those are completely worthless. Why would Darden choose to retain them? For what possible use?

• @Adrian Ashfield

It is time for the naysayers like Jed to start backpedaling about the E-Cat QX before the evidence that it exists (and works) is presented in back and white before their eyes.

Really? When has Rossi **ever** presented "black and white" evidence of **anything**? All his tests are veiled in mistakes and misdirection -- take for example the use of supposedly dry steam to account for enthalpy when the best observations show the steam was wet and the method of measurement was deceptive.

How quickly Rossiphiles forget the classical and iron clad evidence that Rossi is a chronic, inveterate liar. Or may he really did sell 13 megawatt plants to customers, several to the military, he can make cheap isotopes of nickel in his lab, etc. etc. and then there is this classic video by Lewan, annotated by Krivit, that everyone favoring Rossi seems to forget. The maestro caught flagrante delicto in the act of cheating:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Hilarious entertainment!

Adrian, I have to say, having seen your considerable background and qualifications (maybe here-- I am not sure where), I am disappointed that you are fooled by such a dumb, not to mention repetitive con which Rossi has been and is still running.

Why would Rossi want back his license and not some more USD to buy condo's?

That's obvious, isn't it? In his mind, Rossi thinks he can flummox and bamboozle more investors. Fresh meat. And know what? There may be some dumb enough people out there with money. He would need his license back to fool the new recruits into paying him.

We can move much faster now, being free from a series of situations.

Faster than 6 years of cons, frauds and lies? Oh, Joy!

• Can't believe you bet your entire stack of Quatloo's on the above! Bankrupt!

I think I lost all my quatloos on a similar bet (I didn't have any to begin with, because I hadn't made a bet in the previous round). Absent further information, I assume that IH have relinquished their license as claimed. It's hard to fathom writing off 11.5 million like that (and more, counting legal fees and costs incurred at Doral), but I guess VCs see this as part of the cost of business, and IH probably had their hands tied.

This of course gives us information about the value and confidence that IH place in the E-Cat IP. It seems they (and/or Woodford) wanted to cut their losses and extricate themselves from the situation. I'm both depressed at where this money has gone and happy for IH for being able to move forward now.

• Type | Minimum pump capacity

at maximum back pressure

I looked at that document, and read it as "maximum" ... so did everyone else.

The significance of this appears to have been overlooked. IH's "experts", that Jed believes implicitly, apparently misread the brochure and claimed the pump output was a maximum not a minimum at that pressure. Of course at lower pressures it would be much higher.

I warned earlier of the dangers of taking IH's claims as gospel before hearing the explanations from the other side, but was told "any competent engineer would understand..." they were right. They were wrong, but still seem reluctant to admit it.

• That's obvious, isn't it? In his mind, Rossi thinks he can flummox and bamboozle more investors. Fresh meat. And know what? There may be some dumb enough people out there with money. He would need his license back to fool the new recruits into paying him.

@maryyugo,

I think the hole you are digging is getting dangerously deep (this site will give you the coordinates of where you will surface https://www.antipodesmap.com/) However, I advise you to write a book. Make it some sort of negative of "An impossible Invention". If you are right, Rossi will be seen as one of the biggest, smartest swindlers that has ever existed and you make a killing with the movie rights and action figures.

Cheers,

JB

OR Darden knows enough about technology and can send Rossi tu hell. He will continue with another slaves working for him. The same wanted Devkalion.

Ah yes. And we know how well Defkalion turned out! Are you sorry you didn't invest a million or two in them? Some people did... or more.

• I think I lost all my quatloos on a similar bet (I didn't have any to begin with, because I hadn't made a bet in the previous round). Absent further information, I assume that IH have relinquished their license, as claimed. It's hard to fathom writing off 11.5 million like that, but I guess VCs see this as part of the cost of business.

This of course gives us information about the value and confidence that IH place in the E-Cat IP. It seems they (and/or Woodford) wanted to cut their losses and extricate themselves from the situation. I'm both depressed at where this money has gone and happy for IH for being able to move forward now.

I just knew you would make a negative assessment as your strong bias has been visible since you started. It is quite possible that IH's case was so weak they were afraid of being charged more than $89 million for failure to comply with the contract.

You don't know, but as before leap to conclusions.

• I think I lost all my quatloos on a similar bet (I didn't have any to begin with, because I hadn't made a bet in the previous round). Absent further information, I assume that IH have relinquished their license as claimed. It's hard to fathom writing off 11.5 million like that (and more, counting legal fees and incidental expenses), but I guess VCs see this as part of the cost of business, and IH probably had their hands tied.

Eric Walker,

You are just as bad as Shane D. in cutting your losses. Don't turn it around. Thomas Darden and dipstick clan were never capable of assessing Rossi and his technology.

Rossi (didn't you call him a "financial predator"?) wanted his license back. Because that is worth more to him than a few million USD. Period.

Let's see if Thomas Darden dares to state in a press release that he gave Rossi back his worthless license. It would up my opinion of him.

Cheers,

JB (the polite troll)

Ha Ha Ha. The Ecat people did not receive one single penny, not even legal fees, from their case. IH/Darden have stated at least once in the past that Ni-H LENR does not work and that they were abandoning all research into Ni-H. So, they had the case settled by relinquishing rights to IP they had already deemed worthless? This is priceless. I fully expect Ecat operations to soon go the way of Steorn and defkalion in terms of completely shutting down and going out of business. Or, because no one in their right mind would ever again invest in the Ecat without rigid University physics lab level independent testing after seeing IH being sued, the Ecat will just slowly fade from sight like so many of these CF like "inventions" with nothing but occasional talk resulting from it. Say my name.

I am sure eventually the ecat hoopla will indeed die out but do not rule out the possibility that Rossi can fool more investors. He is very good at one thing: choosing his victims and telling them and showing them exactly what they want to hear and see. Steorn extracted money from hapless investors for more than 11 years while its CEO, Sean McCarthy, lived high off the cash (21 million Euros or more overall).

And I would not, as you imply, draw the conclusion from Rossifailures that all of LENR is bogus. That issue is, in my opinion which enthusiasts maintain is worthless, anyway, that issue is yet to be determined.

Rossi will be seen as one of the biggest, smartest swindlers that has ever existed and you make a killing with the movie rights and action figures.

Well, for starters, Rossi is far from a big swindler. Madoff is a big swindler. And he's not smart. He's simply good at choosing marks (victims) and at designing confusing, equivocal, misleading and deceptive "tests". He is just an everyday sociopath and his con is typical of all "free energy" schemes. It has all the hallmarks. Shifting machines before any is properly proven, ever decreasing efficiency and power production, and no proper replication or independent verification. Classic.

• Adrian, not leaping to conclusions, and as always open to surprises. Although my opinions are pretty settled at this point about what happened in Doral, and I have not the slightest doubt in my mind how I would counsel potential investors looking to invest in this field in terms of what to stay away from.

• Either IH is lying or Rossi is lying, that's clear as the air itself. But there is no evidences of anything working, the Rossi story in the interview can be an after construction

to fit the known evidences, without proof there i not much to do. IH clearly didn't find any evidences of working reactors, but then Rossi could have fouled them to believe so

if you like that narrative. I maintain the right to keep being critical. I would of cause laugh like hell all the way to the bank if Rossi manage to produce something that works well,

(It would probably lover my electricity bill quite a lot and it would be a hell of fun ride to watch the aftermath of that).

I was really amused about the debacle with the maximum flow that turned into a minimum flow, never never think you are smart and relax, be critical of yourself as well as others.

Now wise by history, after each interview with Rossi by Mats, The pro folks rejoice and get a lot of energy. But that never lasted historically, let's see if history repeat itself. Still

my best bet is that nothing ever will materilize. I will keep maintain to warn friends and people that is close to me about this.

• Eric Walker,

Just for the record.

Do you think the E-Cat QX exists? (Jed doesn't)

What COP will the E-Cat QX produce?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.