Mats Lewan: Here is the Settlement

• Official Post

That is a typical refrain. I wouldn't hold it against you, because well, I like you. But for the more voracious among us, there is no excuse for some of the kind of behavior we have seen. And they won't get much of a pass from me if Rossi comes through.

No matter how it ends, I hope in the end we just all have a beer, and say good job to each other. No need to rub noses in the dirt. We all believe fervently in our side. We are polarized, and sometimes get a little heated, but with only a few exceptions, we are here just having a good old time. Nothing personal...well maybe against Rossi for us, and IH for you, but not against each other.

Gosh, I have that sappy feeling again...make it go away! :)

• Stefan,

The only thing that is absolutely

"clear as air" is that after 7 years Andrea Rossi Still has not produced a working device that produces more

Energy Out > Energy In.

No one can argue this

• Stefan,

The only thing that is absolutely

"clear as air" is that after 7 years Andrea Rossi Still has not produced a working device that produces more

Energy Out > Energy In.

No one can argue this

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-40558758

The hot fusion guys will not know if fusion works until 2054.

A related document that provides more detail on DEMO's design says that operations would start after 2054.

The setback has been caused largely by delays to ITER, a 20bn-euro reactor that is currently being built in the south of France to prove that fusion energy is scientifically and technically feasible.

• Official Post

It's probably now earmarked for non-commercially viable electrolysis-based LENR.

It is the only rational plan, back to the lab, make things repeatable (stop the not replicated here symptom where each scientist modify the protocol because of his pet theory).

Then once repeated as a labrat (have to castrate few genius scientists with genius ideas if required), use modern instruments to investigate the metallurgy, the x-ray spectrum, the anisotropy, the atomic structure, behind the triggering of the effect...

Then design a phenomenological (if a QM physicist come with a genius theory, castrate him) model to trigger LENR environment.

When this Phenomenological Theory is validated and first engineers start to have interesting result,

call the QM physicist, and give priority to the less genius.

as you can see I'm in bad mood., no personal attack however (one rule of The Club).

• Why would Rossi want back his license and not some more USD to buy condo's?

There was a clause in the contract that was giving IH the rights on all future inventions of Rossi.

This exposed Rossi to enormous risks as he explained in his interview.

The fact that he hasn't taken extra money but only his licences and IP is the proof that he believes in his technology and is not a cheater.

• It is possible law enforcement authorities will now take the case, and arrest and eventually imprison Rossi for fraud. I do not know how likely that is, but he deserves it, and I hope it happens.

And you say you are not bitter ?

Fraud which fraud ? He hasn't asked for extra money and the 11.5M came just after a positive test done by the same IH.

Also..... be serious..... also IH has spent a lot of money in layers and PR agencies ! So don't blame the lawyers or the Jury if Rossi has won !

Again if you have any real evidence that there was a fraud go to police ! If not ...... think better before you write!

• In your dreams! Statement like this are delusional. Anyone can see from the photos and specifications that the statements are correct. Rossi never even tried to rebut them.

Anyone.... like you. :) Just you !

Why IH has come to a settlement if it was right ?

Insulting the Jury or the US Justice System is not the answer ! IH was knowing that it had no arguments and just tried to invent some fake argument and create a "public opinion" via this forum. But this was a loser strategy.

• All,

And now the next very important question that pops-up;

Why would Rossi want back his license and not some more USD to buy condo's?

That is a good inductive point. If he was a con artist then why didn't he go after the big payoff, knowing that his IP is worthless? Again we're stuck with the "he's the greatest con artist ever in history" nonsense.

• However, I advise you to write a book. Make it some sort of negative of "An impossible Invention". If you are right, Rossi will be seen as one of the biggest, smartest swindlers that has ever existed and you make a killing with the movie rights and action figures.

I agree. There should be 2 sides of the story available to anyone wishing to come up to speed. It will make fascinating reading, especially once history knows which side is right , hindsight is 20/20 and it's so "obvious".

• It is possible law enforcement authorities will now take the case, and arrest and eventually imprison Rossi for fraud. I do not know how likely that is, but he deserves it, and I hope it happens.

I posted to you on Vortex that the burden of proof in criminal cases is "beyond a reasonable doubt". Here, IH couldn't even meet the lower civil standard of "preponderance of the evidence". You like to obfuscate that it could be due to all kinds of other things but the simple fact is they couldn't make what you paint as a slam-dunk case.

So this case is legal proof that Rossi is NOT a fraud. All the evidence is there, tied in a pretty bow for all kinds of criminal investigators, but they know that if this stuff couldn't make it past the easier standard, it won't make it to the higher criminal standard.

You should choose a different adjective than the legal one, something like "scientific charlatan".

• Adrian,

Even Cassarino acknowledged in his depo, that without his signature, it was not the GPT. Oddly, he then went on throughout the rest of his depo talking as if Doral were the GPT. He even considered suing IH for his part of the $89 mil, after it was over. Contradictory I know.

When both sides proceed as if that were the contract between them, then the legal concept of estoppel prevails. So it is implied by their actions that it WAS the GPT.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.