Prominent Gamma/L 0232 Flow Rate Test

• No, SSC. To not sell, all over the planet, billions of simple heating devices that use practically no fuel-- now THAT would be idiotic. And Rossi had 6 years to figure that out. Hell, according to him, he does have market-ready ecats. If it were not for those pesky certificators, we'd be knee deep in ecats already. But they're still working on it, according to Rossi, so there is still hope (ROTFWL!). Like all high tech scams -- hope SoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooN.

• What inlet and outlet pressures do you think would approximately replicate the conditions seen by the Prominernt pumps in the 1-year test at the Doral facility?

Bruce, only the people that had a complete knowledge on how the plant was made cold give you an answer.

My feeling is here there is only people that pretends to have that information but who are in fact simply mythomaniacs.

To complicate things all the "well informed" guys here consider any information coming from Rossi as false. So you can't ask him.

I think that you are doing a risky business. Darden people have shown unscrupulous behavior;

http://www.sifferkoll.se/siffe…ion-in-their-sec-filings/

http://www.sifferkoll.se/siffe…d-the-tax-payer-investor/

and in my opinion they are using you for their purposes.

• I am totally agreeing with you that on the picture you are referring to the external ports for controlling the stroke rate are not connected.

Good point that you looked at the connectors on the picture, should have done that myself.

However I am not totally convinced since on the picture you refer to you can see that besides the black power cables in the cable ducts before the Prominents, there are also grey cables which seems to have no purpose. I wonder if those cables can be connected to the Prominents.

I am afraid that we can't determine that and Rossi won't tell us.

• Yes, if you like conspiracy theories, Sifferkoll has got a lot to offer.

BTW, now that IH settled and according to the agreement cannot sue Rossi regarding the E-Cat (or vice versa), and has no rights to Rossi's IP or any of his equipment, please remind us why IH is interested in controlling this forum?

This is highly suspicious behavior that's being alleged. Make sure to put on your tin-foil hat before answering, lest they control your mind without you even knowing it!

Maybe they are controlling Alan Fletcher and his pump experiment too! You can never rule this out completely, right?

• However I am not totally convinced since on the picture you refer to you can see that besides the black power cables in the cable ducts before the Prominents, there are also grey cables which seems to have no purpose. I wonder if those cables can be connected to the Prominents.

Good catch! At least one of the grey cables emerges from each row of pumps attaches to a device sitting on the piping on the left.

Let me describe what I know about that piping on the left. As far as I can figure out, the tall vertical pipe on the left side of the photo is a drain. The short horizontal pipes attached to it lead to the inlets of the Big Frankies. Normally water from the Prominent pumps joins one of these short horizontal sections and goes into the bottom of one of the Big Frankies so as to fill them up (exactly as depicted on the photo posted by Rossi's friend). If one of the Big Frankies has to be drained for servicing, however, you would stop its pumps and turn one of the yellow handles you see on the horizontal sections. This would open up that horizontal section to the vertical pip[e and water would drain down it and out and flow away. This would also allow all the water in that particular Big Frankie to empty out too.

The grey wires that emerge from the pumps go to black devices sitting on these short horizontal stretches of piping. My guess is that these devices are sensors of some sort that would detect either pressure or water level at the inlet to the Big Frankies and feed back some signal to the pumps. The signal starts out in a single grey cable (which I think is coaxial with bnc connections) and then is split into many I don't know what the signal would be though. Is there an emergency shutoff input to the pumps? Would this be a system that shuts down pumps if there is too much backpressure? Is it a system that upregulates pumping if there it too little water pressure? I don't know.

• What part of MINIMUM do you not comprehend?

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

This is an inaccurate and unnecessary characterization (that Jed is just making words mean whatever he chooses).

There is no disagreement about what 'minimum' means. The question is what that adjective modifies (minimum performance vs. minimum guaranteed performance at maximum rated capacity). And the reason you've gone to all this trouble to get a pump and test it is because Rossi contextually misused that adjective when characterizing the Prominent pump.

It is a fact that Rossi incorrectly stated that 32 l/h is the minimum flow of the pump, because the actual minimum flow is 1 l/h. So he was wrong by more than an order of magnitude. And further, he wrongly claimed that operating the pump at 60+ l/h is possible. So it is Rossi, like Humpty Dumpty, who when he uses a word, 'it means just what [he] chooses it to mean...' (for example, minimum flow rate, satisfied customers, independent validation, submission for certifications, GPT, SNAKES, robotic factories, product, masterpieces, endothermic processes, etc.)

It is not Jed's fault that Rossi misused that adjective in context. And Jed's use is consistent with the manufacturer's use, as I have pointed out several times from the manufacturer's specs.

In fact IH had the opportunity to sell the devices ! And they lost it because they are not able to do any real business as their history demonstrates.

No. Only a few billion dollars here and there... not much to speak of... as opposed to Rossi who has sold untold plants to the military -- pink, invisible, flying plants of course ...(ROTFWL!)

Like all of Rossi's distributors before them, IH could not get its hands on a WORKING ecat so they had nothing to sell. How soon we forget. Not only that but Rossi once refused to give a distributor anything to sell and then took back their license because they didn't sell anything! It's all here:

http://e-catworld.com/2014/11/…es-e-cat-licensee-status/

Please, tell us what it is exactly about that message that you fail to understand?

• I looked for traditional fluid food coloring ... but my local stores only had "gel coloring" which seemed cloggy to me.

In any case, the volume measurements are difficult to do, so I plan to switch to weight, calibrated with the 1 liter cylinder.

Thinks : I have relied on my video program avidemux to accurately scale frames to times. I'll record a clock just to double-check.

• It is a fact that Rossi incorrectly stated that 32 l/h is the minimum flow of the pump, because the actual minimum flow is 1 l/h.

Since Rossi is referring to the Gamma L Manual, which states "Minimum flow at Maximum Pressure" it is obvious (to most people : there may be exceptions at the left-end of the bell curve) that Rossi is referring to "Minimum guaranteed flow at maximum pump settings of 180 strokes/minute, 100% stroke length, with 2 bar backpressure."

I don't believe that anybody is worrying about the minimum flow the pump can be set to.

Taking Prominent's recommendation that "sensible" stroke-length is between 30% and 100% (infinitely adjustable), and the programmable stroke rate can be set between 1 and 180 strokes per minute, the minimum "sensible" flow at 2 bar is:

1/180 * 30/100 * 32 l/hr = 0.053 l/hr. So YOU are off by a factor of 1/0.053 = about 20.

Of course, if you want to set the stroke length even lower (say 1%) and drive the pulses with the external control, you can 1 get ONE stroke per hour. That gives something like 10^-4 liters per hour.

And further, he wrongly claimed that operating the pump at 60+ l/h is possible.

We don't know yet if his claim is right or wrong. That is the purpose of this experiment.

• And the reason you've gone to all this trouble to get a pump and test it is because Rossi contextually misused that adjective when characterizing the Prominent pump.

No, the reason I've gone to all the trouble is the "Expert" Smith did all his calculations with the erronious reading of the spec as "Maximum guaranteed flow at maximum settings." This was featured prominently in IH's opening statements. It was Rossi who (in Mats' interview) pointed out that error. Nobody here ... me included -- noticed that fatal mistake.

• The solution space I am investigating is :

Stroke length 0 to 100% --- I see no rational reason to explore lower settings.

Stroke rate 180/minute -- ditto and likewise.

Suction pressure (height of water in inlet tank)

Discharge Pressure :

Highest point of outlet, presuming there's free flow and not suction out the end of the pipe
    OR Setting of the backpressure valve, between 0 bar and 2 bar.

I don't know if this valve insulates the pump from the outlet pressure, or just supplies a floor

Back-pressure : As far as I know, this is (Discharge_pressure - Suction_pressure)

• minimum guaranteed performance at maximum rated capacity

Sig, what does that even mean? You seem to be combining words in such a way that is not consistent with the manufacturer's spec, which literally states it using the following terminology:

"Minimum pump capacity at maximum back pressure." (32 l/h)

http://prominent.us/promx/files/987604_04_12_gammal_us.pdf

I submit that "minimum guaranteed performance at maximum rated capacity" is quite different from "Minimum pump capacity at maximum back pressure."

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.