Prominent Gamma/L 0232 Flow Rate Test

• I'm not inclined to think that the pumps were working as stated. The reason is that in order to work as stated 18 or them would have had to pump 36,000 L/day, which is 83.3 L/hour. The experiments you sponsored never rose past 62 L/hour. On the supposition that the pump being examined was old and not working optimally an extrapolation was used that estimated max 72 L/hour.

How does this indicate that the pumps were working as stated.

4BF well capable of 36k l/d and 3BF well capable of 27k l/d. For times when one BK was reportedly down, either 1) back up units used, or 2) inacurate log. The numbers measured by Alan are remarkably consistent with flow rates claimed. Recall that the hyper-skeptics here and among IH's hired experts were adamant that the pumps could not pump the stated flow rates. It was central to IH's case in fact and stressed during opening arguments. That was all completely false.

• For times when one BK was reportedly down, either 1) back up units used, or 2) inacurate log.

Backup units? Inaccurate logs?

These have appeared suddenly haven't they? You have always portrayed yourself as driven by data and unbiased in judging what was happening during Rossi's tests. And yet here we are. When the actual evidence is against your preconceptions, you go for ad hoc explanations. I think you need to buck up and just call what you see.

It was the same with the Krivit video. When I presented evidence that made you realize that Rossi's account of things couldn't be true, you disappeared from the entire forum for 15 months rather than face it. You need to do some work to regain your image as a straight shooter.

• Backup units? Inaccurate logs?

These have appeared suddenly haven't they? You have always portrayed yourself as driven by data and unbiased in judging what was happening during Rossi's tests. And yet here we are. When the actual evidence is against your preconceptions, you go for ad hoc explanations. I think you need to buck up and just call what you see.

It was the same with the Krivit video. When I presented evidence that made you realize that Rossi's account of things couldn't be true, you disappeared from the entire forum for 15 months rather than face it. You need to do some work to regain your image as a straight shooter.

Back up units were always part of the mix. Read the record.

You (and others) accuse me of finding alternate explanations to support my supposed preconceptions. If that is the case, it is only fair that such a proposition also be applied equally to you in your apparent attempts to find any explanation that would detract from the possibility that Rossi's brand of LENR works. I'd defy you to find someone that understands the record as well as me. Maybe Abd--although our interpretation of the evidence is obviously different. I've always called things the way I see them, whether they break in favor of Rossi or not.

As for Krivit's highly edited video(s), you folks see all kinds of conspiracy in facial expressions, attributed intentions, fallacious conclusions, and the like. Krivit is one of the least reliable and most biased "experts" in this space.

• http://coldfusioncommunity.net…01/0207.58_Exhibit_58.pdf

Page 10-14 is for BF1,2,3 on 10/13 and p17 is for 10/14
    Bruce_H : this proves BF4 was off-line.
    But the size of the diagram suggests there isn't room for BF4 on one page.
    An alternative explanation is that they forgot to include the page for BF4.
    An alternative-alternative explanation is that those sheets were accidentally included.

The mid-October Penon report showing the current draws of the BF units occurs multiple times in the court documents. I don't recall ever seeing an extra page showing a BF 4 unit in operation. I will look more thoroughly though. If you look at the page there actually is room to include a fourth BF diagram.

I note once again that if you look at the photos of the BF units that were taken on the day that the Doral test ended you can see that the plumbing to the bottom BF has been rearranged so that it is no longer connected to its pumps. The insulation has also been taken off the pumping and you can see that there is no meniscus in the sight glass. These are all consistent with the bottom unit being BF4 and having been inactive for a while at that point.

The daily log shows the average power was 11.470kW and the flow was 36K ... the total power was similar on the surrounding days.

Hmmm ... someone with lots of spare time could sum the amps for BF1-3, multiply by the voltage (???) to get watts ... and see if there's a BF4-sized gap in the data. I don't think 10/13 was a day highlighted for a difference with the utilities numbers?

Voltage : diagram on p39 indicates they're single-phase, so 110V

Total current for the 3 BF units shown in the Oct 13 Penon report is 92.55 Amps which gives 10.18 kW power at 110V. The gap is therefore 1.29 kW. I'm not sure exactly where in the system the 11.47 kW that Fabiani records is measured.

• I don't know if you count me as a minion.

Yes, another event, so another round of discussion .

I go with the vortex motto (which Jed seems to have forgotten) ... Suspend (pathoskeptical) disbelief and see where the numbers take you.

Weren't you at the 1mw acceptance test? (You had fairly minor criticisms).

Can you explain why that passed?

• The simplest explanation for all the Doral pumping mystery is that he put in a simple, small hidden direct electrical heating system to provide the hot water/steam for his project. He then monitored the electricity supply to the heater and the volume of water heated by it with the meters. He then filled the container with dummy E-cats and pumps etc to make it look good but did not run or connect anything. Then he and his sidekick Penon cooked a da books to make up a load of data using only two lots of real data, the electricity used and water meter data and nothing else, synthesising the data over the year period to give his required COP values. Like he fiddled the Cu transmutation data and his most recent piece de la resistance, using a Hg / Deuterium/ or Metal Halide lamp to illuminate his SK.

• The simplest explanation for all the Doral pumping mystery is that he put in a simple, small hidden direct electrical heating system to provide the hot water/steam for his project. He then monitored the electricity supply to the heater and the volume of water heated by it with the meters. He then filled the container with dummy E-cats and pumps etc to make it look good but did not run or connect anything. Then he and his sidekick Penon cooked a da books to make up a load of data using only two lots of real data, the electricity used and water meter data and nothing else, synthesising the data over the year period to give his required COP values. Like he fiddled the Cu transmutation data and his most recent piece de la resistance, using a Hg / Deuterium/ or Metal Halide lamp to illuminate his SK.

A bit elaborate. Don't forget that Rossi was there all by himself all night every night. What was happening for show during the day doesn't have to be what happened at night.

• My question is: why would Rossi, et al spend the night (at least before 6:30AM before a known final inspection and disassemble the plumbing, insulation, and remove meters? The only motivation I see as reasonable is that they were trying to hide something.

Especially true since there were known heating tape below the insulation where the steam was sometime seen.

• Official Post

Dr R - remember that there was heater tape on the pipes in the radiator box.

I am surprised at how little those heater tapes have been talked about, since Bass? mentioned them in his deposition. To me that was a smoking gun, but then there were so many smoking guns, like...which one do you focus on? Has any believer, or skeptic for that matter (other than fraud), ever offered up an explanation as to why the pipes would need heating strips on them? I do not recall any doing so.

IH had a target rich environment to attack Rossi in court, and I would imagine this one issue would have been one of those things a lay person could latch onto. A 1MW heater, needing electrical heating strips in the plumbing...now why would he do that?

• Here is a simple suggestion. How about just

I am surprised at how little those heater tapes have been talked about, since Bass? mentioned them in his deposition. To me that was a smoking gun, but then there were so many smoking guns, like...which one do you focus on? Has any believer, or skeptic for that matter (other than fraud), ever offered up an explanation as to why the pipes would need heating strips on them? I do not recall any doing so.

Rossi's explanation for the heater strips was that his graphite or platinum sponge processes required constant heat and the strips were backup in case the ECat heating was ever interrrupted

• little those heater tapes

yes the steam, I seem to recall was on the "customer's side" coming from the insulation where those little heater tapes where. I always viewed that there was a small water leak that was heated to steam by the tapes not that the Ecat was producing steam.

Why would the customer need heating tapes if the pipes truly carried steam at 104C

• Official Post

Here is a simple suggestion. How about just

Rossi's explanation for the heater strips was that his graphite or platinum sponge processes required constant heat and the strips were backup in case the ECat heating was ever interrrupted

Yes, but that was Rossisays, and even his believers seem to have have accepted the fact he had no product, as there was none. No product, then no process, and that leaves the question unanswered: "what were they there for?" Other than fraud that is.

• At least you aren't claiming no steam. These are the kinds of absurdities dealt with here.

That's not absurd. There probably was no steam. However, when pressurized water at, say, 104 deg C leaks out of a pipe or vessel, it boils. You see this happen with a pressure cooker. The enthalpy of the pressurized water remaining in the vessel is far lower than the enthalpy of steam at 104 deg C.

It takes only modest pressure to keep water from boiling at 104 deg C.

Looking at you Jed.

I suggest you look at a pressure cooker instead. Take the top off. There will be a brief burst of boiling. A small fraction of the water will boil. The rest will not. If it were all steam, the heat would be 44 kJ/mol. For pressurized hot water at the same temperature it is 4 kJ/mol.

• yes the steam, I seem to recall was on the "customer's side" coming from the insulation where those little heater tapes where. I always viewed that there was a small water leak that was heated to steam by the tapes not that the Ecat was producing steam.

Why would the customer need heating tapes if the pipes truly carried steam at 104C

As you point out, the heating tape was on the "customer side" and therefore not part of the energy balance calculation. Moot point. Who knows, I suppose they were there as a backup heat source.

Edit: I don't recall the state inspector's observation of steam being connected in any way to heat tape strips. Please provide a cite if you think that is the case.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.