Prominent Gamma/L 0232 Flow Rate Test

• As for Krivit's highly edited video(s), you folks see all kinds of conspiracy in facial expressions, attributed intentions, fallacious conclusions, and the like. Krivit is one of the least reliable and most biased "experts" in this space.

Not me though. I didn't mention or do any of these things so this argument doesn't work against me. I simply looked at Krivit's video and made some measurements and calculations that made you realize that what Rossi was saying in that video couldn't be true. And when you realized that, you suddenly abandoned your arguments, and the whole site, for 15 months. Now you are back and have conveniently forgotten the whole thing.

Doesn't seem like straight shooting to me.

• Official Post

As you point out, the heating tape was on the "customer side" and therefore not part of the energy balance calculation. Moot point. Who knows, I suppose they were there as a backup heat source.

Well, that confuses me what you say about "not being part of the energy balance equation", just because it is on the "customer side"? And when you speculate that the heating strips possibly "were there as a backup heat source"...for what?

Like WW, as a layperson, just trying to make sense of what seems like nonsense.

• No, my stated position is that a flow meter sitting in a half empty pipe registers far more water than actually flows through the pipe. You can confirm that in the manual for this particular flow meter, and for many other meters of this type. Also, my position is that if you look at the photos of the tanks and pipes, and the schematic, you can see the tank was not airtight. Therefore that was a gravity return pipe.

That might also be your position. Nevertheless, in many past comments, you were adamant that the pumps could not pump what Rossi claimed. I suggest that you stop trying to pretend otherwise, because it makes you look bad.

Even if we believe the flow rate figures in the Penon report, that pipe was carrying only a small fraction of its capacity from gravity alone. Look up the size of the pipe and the gravity capacity in an on-line calculator such as this one:

https://www.engineeringtoolbox…volume-weight-d_1734.html

So it had to be only partially full. Penon's figures are far too high, meaning the pipe was even more empty than those figures indicate.

You are fixated on the gravity return pipe, unnecessarily so. Your main reliance on the "gravity fed" schtick was to attack the notion that the supply pipe was at atmospheric or slight vacuum, the explanation of which has been given to you. Since that didn't give you the mileage you were looking for, you suggest that the carrying capacity of the pipe is insufficient. Not sure we even have anything on the record showing how much water was flowing in the return pipe. Do you have some photos or something?

That was my analysis, and I am sticking to it. The fact that the pumps could not have pumped that much is icing on the cake. It is more proof of fraud, but I don't need it.

Alan has shown that the pumps could have pumped that much, so sorry to take away the icing.

• Not me though. I didn't mention or do any of these things so this argument doesn't work against me. I simply looked at Krivit's video and made some measurements and calculations that made you realize that what Rossi was saying in that video couldn't be true. And when you realized that, you suddenly abandoned your arguments, and the whole site, for 15 months. Now you are back and have conveniently forgotten the whole thing.

Doesn't seem like straight shooting to me.

I don't remember your comments. Can you repost? My hiatus had nothing to do with you or your comments.

• Well, that confuses me what you say about "not being part of the energy balance equation", just because it is on the "customer side"? And when you speculate that the heating strips possibly "were there as a backup heat source"...for what?

Like WW, as a layperson, just trying to make sense of what seems like nonsense.

Ah Shane common. After all this time you begin with an attack? Like I said, it has nothing to do with the energy calculation. Penon's energy calculation depends on the temperature of the water right before entering the e-Cats and the steam immediately coming out.

• Official Post

Ah Shane common. After all this time you begin with an attack? Like I said, it has nothing to do with the energy calculation. Penon's energy calculation depends on the temperature of the water right before entering the e-Cats and the steam immediately coming out.

You come on. I wanted you back here in the worse way. Now you are here, and I ask you something that does not make sense to me, and you yell "attack".

My point is that, according to Rossi, this was supposed to be a scientific, defining test, with $89 million hanging in the balance. Sorry, but having heat strips on the plumbing, no matter which side of the wall (equation) they are on...even if IHFB says they don't count, because they were on one side, and not the other, they should be fully accounted for in the report. They, however were not, and that does not seem in the spirit of an $89 million test. Or any test in the scientific court of opinion for that matter.

Or I could be wrong, and that is why in all sincerity I ask. Now if you will?

• @Shane,

Okay, fair enough. Looking back on your comment it isn't much of an attack, if any. Good to be back. Although not sure if I'll be around much.

They were on the serpentine pipes in the "radiator" as Dewey mentioned. So they were not part of the energy calculation at all. Dewey made a big deal of them, but they aren't.

• With the Doral squad of R minions back from the Bermuda Triangle of Planet Rossi and the heater tape in the radiator box being regarded as not important by those discards, I guess we should turn our attention to the magically appearing, invisible, silent and magically disappearing "heat exchanger". Why was heater tape needed after Rossi's most incredible invention yet did its vacuous balancing act? After they conjure up a conjecture to cover that then we get to ask why in this world would the R'ster discard the very system that could have saved his world? Why did he abandon this generation of Doral acolytes and all of their passionate defense of his efforts into the dustbin then, as if on cue, call them back for a new round of lie bombing? I think he is rusting out as he fades away.

• A very useful admission - I guess KevMo missed the boiling goldfish bowl episode where Rossi's brain was located inside the container. After months of ignoring the black elephant in the room (Rossi's Doral Black Swan), the R'ster eventually realized that the heat studies were right and that he would have been dead in 1 hour inside of his magic factory. He had no choice but to conjure up the imaginary, mystical, silent and all powerful heat exchanger. Oh yeah......he would have needed the most incredible noise buffer / muffler in the history of Planet Rossi as well to quell the imaginary supersonic steam moving thru his system.

***Look, Dewey and Kevmo agree that the heat exchanger is important. Notice that Dewey doesn't address why, since it was so boilingly obvious to everyone, why HE missed it during the entire year of demonstration. And so did the rest of Industrial Heat. The NAME OF THE COMPANY is Industrial Heat and they MISSED this glaringly obvious problem. It is a big, giant blinking red light on the WTF meter.

And Dewey is silent about that.

• In the interim, exhibit 5 is interesting.

Thanks for the reminder about Murray's letter to Penon. Murray specifies the flow meter model number and in looking it up the first thing that pops up for me is that the counter on the darn thing is magnetic. The water flows through a rotor that spins a magnet, and the spinning is read by another magnet in the counter. Later on, for the court case, Murray spent a lot of time trying to show that a partially filled flow meter will tend to read high but it seems to me that the easy way to spoof the flow meter is to mount a magnet on a power drill and use it to spin up the counter. This is something that Rossi would have been free to do at night after all the others had gone.

• it seems to me that the easy way to spoof the flow meter is to mount a magnet on a power drill and use it to spin up the counter. This is something that Rossi would have been free to do at night after all the others had gone.

Is there evidence that Rossi did this, or is it simply conjecture?

• Bruce H - the letter was to Fulvio. The pipe would have had to be full to avoid rust. I don't think that any magnetic spin was used on the flowmeter - we were able to prove that flow in a 20% full pipe was equal to the flow measurement in a full pipe using the meter that Rossi selected. That, combined with the rust,

was something that Rossi did not want to have to defend on the stand.

• Alan Fletcher

Hi Alan. I have located a definite statement of the state of the system during the Oct 13 visit by Penon. In Murray's letter to Penon (https://www.lenr-forum.com/att…73-207-65-exhibit-65-pdf/) he outlines difficulties he had understanding the operations at Doral, he says " ... at the time you completed the “MW1-USA electrical measurement” chart on October 13, 2015, out of operation were all 51 of the smaller units, one of the large reactors (containing 16 units), and 17 of the 48 units in the remaining 3 large reactors."

The emphasis using bold italics is mine. This indicates that on a day when Penon lists 36,000 Litres as flowing through the system an entire BF unit was out of commission. That leaves only 18 pumps to carry the load and there is no evidence in your investigations that this is possible.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.