Prominent Gamma/L 0232 Flow Rate Test

• I think that's a day's work! Off to Lakeport for some music.

First run tomorrow morning. Maybe 10am pacific.

Hmmm .... maybe I should try to set up a live stream from my cellphone? Never done that. Facebook? Youtube? (I have accounts).

Edit : I haven't tightened the hose clamps. It probably won't leak.

• I'm fairly busy tomorrow ... a memorial service for a Lake County Poet Laureate, a radio show, and stage crew for an outdoor Shakespeare play. (Not to mention listening to England vs South Africa 3rd Test Match at Lords .... )

I think tomorrow (Saturday) I'll prime the pump and make sure there are no leaks. But I'll hold off on a measured run until Sunday.

So .... TIME FOR BETTING/PREDICTIONS. I'll put the rules in the next post.

• WARNING: all numbers here are from memory. All the data has been posted in the forum ... somewhere ...

The specification for the Gamma L 0232 refers (variously) to the MINIMUM flow of 32 l/hr at 2 bars back-pressure (presumably when the pump is set to maximum stroke length and rate). The label just says "Dosing Rate".

The specification indicates that an individual pump may deliver between -5% and +10% of nominal, and that the "repeatability" between runs is 2%. (So the range for ONE run is -7% to +12%)

However, it delivers more at lower back pressure. There is a warning (hidden deep in the documentation where even expert witnesses can't find it) that at VERY (undefined) low back pressures the pump can deliver "several times" more than the specification.

Rossi/Anonymous posters claim that the flow is much higher :

Mats Lewan interview

Mats Lewan : By the way, since you know these pumps, what capacity do they have at the actual pressure in the plant—about 0.2 bars?

Rossi : “About 75 l/h.”

Blog: 60l/hr

Rossi has also indicated that there was a recirculating pump into a pressurized return tank ( (I think - On JONP?) .

The initial setup has:

Stroke and rate set to maximum

Suction from a bucket, between 42cm and 62cm below the pump center-line.

The suction tube is about 5 feet long, 1/2 inch inner diameter.

The discharge tube is about 7 feet long, 1/2 inch inner diameter, but with a more restrictive "Tee" to the manometer.
    Discharge level with the center-line -- effectively 0 bar.

So, I'm taking bets (in yankee dollars, or in quatloos) what the FIRST timed run will show.

Each bettor will make a prediction in l/hr L, and bet in $ or quatloos. Those betting in dollars will automatically be entered for quatloos too.

Each bettor will PAY $1 or Q1 for each Liter between his/her/its prediction and the actual result : this will go into a "pot".

The WINNER (closest to the actual result) will receive HALF the total pot. The project will receive the other half.

In the case of tie[s] the HALF share of the pot will be split equally between the co-winners.

The Dollar results/winner and Quatloo results/winner will calculated separately.

• However, it delivers more at lower back pressure. There is a warning (hidden deep in the documentation where even expert witnesses can't find it) that at VERY (undefined) low back pressures the pump can deliver "several times" more than the specification.

Since the pump has to overcome the difference between inlet and outlet pressure, does it mean that increasing the inlet pressure (for example by the recirculation pump) until the difference between inlet and outlet pressure is very low, will have the same effect ?

This could possibly be tested by supplying the water to the pump from a tank positioned above the inlet of the Prominent

Rossi has also indicated that there was a recirculating pump into a pressurized return tank ( (I think - On JONP?) .

That can be found in Rossi's notes concerning the Smith report.
    They were published by Mats Lewan and can be found at :

https://animpossibleinvention.…h-supplemental-report.pdf

See points 3 and 7 on the first page of the notes.

• Since the pump has to overcome the difference between inlet and outlet pressure, does it mean that increasing the inlet pressure (for example by the recirculation pump) until the difference between inlet and outlet pressure is very low, will have the same effect ?

This could possibly be tested by supplying the water to the pump from a tank positioned above the inlet of the Prominent

If you look at the way the pump is built, the ball valves on its inlet and outlet would both tend to become unseated if the inlet pressure is higher than the outlet pressure. On the face of it this means that there is nothing much to stop fluid from travelling straight through the pump under these conditions. Let's call this "push-through". This could contribute to the phenomenon the Prominent manual is warning about.

The extent of push-through will be modified by the position of the solenoid/diaphragm system. In its resting state, between strokes, I would guess that the diaphram should close off any flow and minimize push-through (I don't really know this however). When the pump is operating, the susceptibility to push-through will be different at different different portions of the pumping stroke.

So the situation is complex. But this all means that when there is a pressure imbalance in favour of the inlet side the accuracy of the pump may depend on stroke rate. It may be of interest, therefore, to set up a situation where the backpressure at the outlet is smaller than the forward pressure at the inlet and see 1) if the pumping capacity is grossly above the rated rate, and 2) if it depends on the stroke rate of the pump.

• I'm not sure if the variable-bet (difference between actual and predicted) is going to work. Everyone should minimize their losses by betting on 52 -- the midpoint between 32 and 72.

Hmm ... 0.2 bars is 80 inches of water. I can *just* fit that in my lab (though the suction height will be a lot less:
    I'd have to put the pump on the bottom shelf, which I'd have to raise ... etc etc).

I can get 66 inches (0.16 bar) with my current set-up. I'll do runs at 0, 0.1 and 0.16 bar.

• Since the pump has to overcome the difference between inlet and outlet pressure, does it mean that increasing the inlet pressure (for example by the recirculation pump) until the difference between inlet and outlet pressure is very low, will have the same effect ?

Yes .. I can set the inlet tank at different levels between -30 (- 0.07 bar) to +40 inches (+0.1 bar).

At present the level of the inlet tank will change as water is pumped out. I could top it up manually during a run or rig some plumbing to do it.

• 50-inch outlet test = 0.12 bar

https://youtu.be/cJqeGahxjGs

The manometer is pulsing .. maximum about 2.75 psi = 0.19 bar.

(Haven't frame-stepped through the video).

It comes back to zero very hard ... maybe a bit of back-suction through the discharge valve?

I couldn't find a positive/negative/differential manometer. There are aircraft suction gauges on ebay!

Still a bit of leakage from the pump/tube interface, and from the manometer coupling. I need to add a drain-cock to the outlet.

ps Cheap thermometer reads 75F on my porch.

• Hmm ... I (mostly) fixed the manometer leak ... but with air in the tube it's only pulsing to about 0.5 PSI.

Edit : I tested my collector funnel/tube/splash-protector. It handles the flow.

So we're good for a 50-inch (approximately) 0.15 bar run tomorrow 11 am.

Get your predictions in ... dollars or quatloons !

(Since I could have done a cheat measurement I'm not eligible to bet. But for the record, I'm minimizing my losses with a 52 l/hr prediction.)

• I'm absolutely sure that it is too early to estimate pumping rates. Nonetheless I am going to do it!!

In the first video you can clearly visualize the water level climbing in the output hose between the 33 and 43 second marks. I have measured at several points in this time period and have found that each stroke raises the level in the 1/2" hose by about half a diameter. Converting to cm and calculating through gives a stroke volume of about 0.8 cm^3 per stroke. At this early part of the video the stroke length is set to 50% of max so this means that the full stroke volume is about 1.6 cm^3 per stroke. Finally, the pump is set at 180 strokes per minute = 3 strokes per second. So the Pumping rate per second is about 4.8 cm^3 per second or roughly 17.3 L/h.

Lots of approximations here but we are most certainly not near 60 L/h which seems to be Mr Rossi's latest claim.

My prediction for the 1.5 bar run is 40 L/h. I bet a million quatloos (which I think isn't very much ever since the galactic confederacy suffered that bout of hyperinflation).

• I'll rig the collector assembly (discharge hose, funnel, callibrated cylinder, splash pan) at a convenient height, and then measure everything when I'm done. All heights are from the center of the stroke-length knob (I can't get to the back easily).

I'll CUT the 1/2" lines to eliminate coils.

I'm looking at my available cameras .. I'm not sure if I'll use a webcam , a digital camera (Konica Minolta A2) or cellphone.

I need exact focus on the start/stop lines.

I'll play with live-stream.... but I'm not betting on it.

Test procedure :

0. Record the heights of the suction and discharge lines

1. Set pump to maximum stroke length and rate

2. Prime pump and then stop it

3. Fill inlet tank

4. Empty measuring cylinder

5. Start pump

6. Record the level (moving the camera so there are no parallax errors) between the low-mark (200ml?) and high-mark (900ml).

(Which LO mark depends on the visibility and how quickly I can get into position.)

7. Stop pump.

8. Single-step through the video ... take screen shots as it crosses the low-mark and high-mark

9. Select the crossing frames (bottom of meniscus level with the top of the marked line)

I'll publish a sequence of frames as it crosses each mark

10. Read the times from the Avidemux time stamp (seconds) -- STARTsecs, STOPsecs

11. Calculate the Time in seconds and hours

TIMEsecs = STOPsecs - STARTsecs

TIMEhrs = TIMEsecs / 3600

12. Record marks (ml) -- LOml HIml

13. Calculate the volume in ml and liters :

VOLml = HIml - LOml

VOLl = VOLml / 1000

14. Calculate the flow in l/hr : VOLl/TIMEhrs

I'll set this up in a google spreadsheet.

• My prediction for the 1.5 bar  0.15 bar run is 40 L/h. I bet a million quatloos (which I think isn't very much ever since the galactic confederacy suffered that bout of hyperinflation).

FIFY. Did you see the report that HALF of our atoms are captured from OTHER galaxies !!??

I'm accepting only real genuine milky way quatloons.

[ Edit : I'll leave that typo alone ... LOONS bet in QUATLOONS. ]

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.