Prominent Gamma/L 0232 Flow Rate Test

• I have a fairly large stash of quatloons. (My personal spelling of these odd tokens varies according to wind direction.)

I'm willing to put them all back on the table with the following prediction: IH fibbed about the maximum pump rate being 32 l/h, and Rossi fibbed about the maximum pump rate being 75 l/h.

• OK,

The technical specs say 32 l/h @ 2 bar and 2.96 ml stroke which gives 180 strokes per minute which might be the maximum number of strokes the pump allows. Not sure what stroke length for this would be but I'm guessing 100% (via the knob). The specs also say 36.2 l/h @ 1 bar with 3.35 ml/stroke which gives the same 180 strokes per minute.

So I'm guessing about 40 l/h @ .2 bar (39.56 precisely) assuming it's linear and that the pump enforces the 180 strokes/minute upper limit and that the other readings are for 100% stroke length.

Prior to testing at .2 bar I would check to see if 32 l/h @ 2 bar and 36.2 l/h @ 1 bar is achievable with this pump and your test setup. I am also curious how much the pump heats up or heats the water running at maximum rate at .2 bar.

All my quatloons are on this one. Good luck!

• Prior to testing at .2 bar I would check to see if 32 l/h @ 2 bar and 36.2 l/h @ 1 bar is achievable with this pump and your test setup. I am also curious how much the pump heats up or heats the water running at maximum rate at .2 bar.

Right now I can only test with a water head ... around 0.15 bar ... maybe 0.2 bar.

With the adjustable back-pressure valve I can go higher ... I only have a manometer up to 1 bar (But they are cheap online).

The next limiting factor will be how leaky the system is. Still a few drips at the connector between the Prominent tube and the 1/2 inch tube.

I'll be happy if we can reach 1 bar, which IS directly in the Prominent spec.

I'm running a bit late and have some webmaster stuff to do, so I'm not sure when I'll run the first test.

Wow! No bets (even quatloos) from a whole bunch of people I'd expect to be interested!

• AbD sent me some comments by email, and gave me permission to post them here

• You might be able to use the psi out of your tap to get higher bar although this might be too much. It's a plumbing problem! These http://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-2-in-1-Pressure-Regulating-Drip-Filter-67798F/202541802?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-VF-PLA-D26P-Plumbing%7c&gclid=Cj0KCQjwh_bLBRDeARIsAH4ZYEOgsec5ZtVY_djO5QAT_CvtXFhYOsQh7a3jp5SKcPyi02mBh3XzYOgaAvfMEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPiTpInAsdUCFQaAYgod7EcOgQ will get you down to 30 PSI which is pretty much 2bar. Or you can just wait for your pressure regulator from Ebay. :)

Good luck.

• I have a separate spreadsheet set up for error calculations. For this run it doesn't matter.

Ready-to-run photos :

Outlet height : 60.5 inches 0.15 bar

20170730_131017.jpg

Bottom (zero)

20170730_131028.jpg

Top of water : 18.5 inches

20170730_131206.jpg

Top assembly : (with Genuine Mount Konocti Obsidian)

20170730_131245.jpg

Close up of cylinder (slightly OOF) .. showing how I can line up the camera to eliminate parallax

20170730_131301.jpg

Manometer (fluid-loaded)

20170730_131321.jpg

Overview : I coiled the outlet tube so there are no bubbles. (Will start off with a few due to leaks).

Any overflow from the cylinder goes into a low pan (so I can read the bottom of the cylinder) and then into the green bucket.

20170730_131314.jpg

• Quoting one of my songs (on the first mad-made nuclear reaction at the University of Chicago) :

I'm off for a snack ... and then ... THE RUN !!!!

• Good news : I can switch the pump on, turn off the power, and then restart pumping by turning on the power. So I don't have to jump up a ladder to record the volume.

Good news : I've repurposed two of my security webcams, so I have one on the manometer and a general view of me photographing the measurement of the volume. (Incidentally, these two cameras recorded a felony burglary last week!!! Only a window screen broken and $10 food stolen, but still ... )

Bad news: The outlet is too splashy. Can't read the level accurately. Working on it.

I think everything else is good to go.

WARNING: don't use the results to say RossiSeztm flow proven/disproven ... UNTIL we have a run within Prominent's specs -- say 1 bar

WONDERING: why none of the most vociferous posters haven't made a bet ... Dewey, Mary Y, Rothwell, even TH Huxley, IH Fanboy ...

• There's a teeny (few drops per minute) leakage at the outlet of the pump, and (required!) at the manometer.

A messy porch, with a lawnmower, old fridge, mowing-shoes ... now THAT's nit-picking.

What a mess...... <X

What is the role of your shoes in the setup ?

The role of the shoes? So I can run like heck if my supa-dupa-cold-fusion-nucular experiment blows ... (ps My Volcano, Konocti is NOT extinct, or even dormant. It's HIGH RISK !!!) https://volcanoes.usgs.gov/vol…ear_lake_geo_hist_40.html)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.