Prominent Gamma/L 0232 Flow Rate Test

• Alan Fletcher

I don't think you need to worry too much about the calibration function on the pump.

I'm not. I'm pointing out to Jed that the specs are a GUIDE and NOT a guarantee.

I found the quote : see Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

http://www.kmdahl.no/uploads/2…ipment-catalogue-2011.pdf Page 1-5

"When metering at atmospheric pressure the pump can achieve several times the stated feed rate" ...

0.2 bar is pretty close to atmospheric.

• It is like using the Delorme GPS unit and not worrying about what the car's speedometer says.

Actually, if I'm using the DeLorme I *DO* read that, and not my speedometer.

Unfortunately google maps is better than my old DL ... but it doesn't have a speed display. GMaps sometimes displays the speed limit, but doesn't warn me if I'm exceeding it.

• Thinking about pressurizing the inlet tube.

IF the inlet pressure is LESS than the discharge valve pressure, then more water could be forced into the chamber on the suction half of the stroke. The diaphragm might distort to make a larger chamber.|

On the discharge stage the suction valve will close, the discharge valve will open, and the entire (larger) chamber will be discharged.

After I complete tomorrow's test with 0.15 bar head ... what would you like to see next?

a) Lower the discharge head

OR

b) Raise the suction tank

(Obviously in the long term I'll waste my time and explore the entire solution space).

• Your modus operandi is really showing up on this thread, you are fooling no-one.

Pumped systems are not conservative, there are frictional and hydrodynamic losses abound. Obviously there will be a pressure difference across a valved pump, no pressure difference no flow.

It's not easy to spread your disinformation on this simple system, maybe stick to some other aspect of Rossi's magic.

• RB01 knows that specifications are for little people. On Planet R, the master's Cadillac stomps every Tesla, Ferrari and Lambo that comes out to play on the zero to 120 strip (I think that is between the condo and the tennis courts). He has never lost to a spec he didn't like - never ever ever ever ever. I wonder what he could do with a AAA battery if he ever really put his mind to it? What a stallion!!

• "When metering at atmospheric pressure the pump can achieve several times the stated feed rate" ...

0.2 bar is pretty close to atmospheric.

The question is under which circumstances it can be achieved. They are not providing additional details, but maybe the following applies.

As I understand the maximum standard stroke rate programmed into the Prominent is 200.
    In my opinion this means that for the specified back-pressure of 2 bar, there is enough drive force in the solenoid to maintain the maximum specified stroke rate of 200.
    If the back pressure is much lower and less force is needed, higher stroke rates then 200 can possibly be achieved. How can you achieve that higher stroke rate ?
    Possibly by controlling the stroke rate yourself by an external signal pulse signal.
    The Prominent manual states :

10.5.3 "Contact" operating mode settings

Alongside the setting menus, which are described in more detail in
    Chapter 10.6 ‘Programmable function settings ("Settings" menu )’
    on page 47, in ‘Contact’ operating mode in the ‘Settings’ menu, the
    ‘Contact’ menu is also available.

‘Contact’ operating mode allows you to trigger individual strokes or a
    stroke series.

You can trigger the strokes via a pulse sent via the "External control" terminal.

The purpose of this operating mode is to convert the incoming pulses with
    a reduction (fractions) or small step-up into strokes.

Further on the documentation states :

The number of strokes per pulse depends on the factor which you input.
    By use of the factor you can multiply incoming pulses by a factor between
    1.01 and 99.99 or reduce them by a factor of 0.01 to 0.99.

Number of strokes executed = factor x number of
    incoming pulses

Could this be the solution to the question how the higher flow rate for the Doral plant was achieved? It was stated that flow rates of 72 Liters/Hour at low back pressure could be achieved. Was that maybe with external controlled stroke rates higher then the rate of 200 in the specification ?

• Don't forget he had a pinball wizard / programmer on hand who could probably activate those flippers at speed.

They would want to be quite the wizard, there is nothing plugged into the external control terminals in the picture you recently uploaded!

I would also expect that any input signal would be still be limited so that you don't damage the pump...plenty of ideas here to keep the other Alan busy for a while though!

• LDM

Hi LDM. Your idea about driving the pump to high rates using external inputs is terrific! But I don't think that this is how the pumps were used during the Doral test.

Post #240 on this thread shows the pumps we are discussing sitting in front of the Big Frankies used in the Doral setup. Focus on the face of any one of these pumps. You may have to blow up the picture somehow. Near the bottom right of the pump face, right beside the power cord, you can see a cluster of 3 light-coloured discs arranged in a triangle. These discs are pieces of (I think) rubber covering up electrical ports that are not currently in use. The port at the bottom left of the cluster is the one that would be used for driving the pumps in the manner you describe.

So the inputs that would drive these pumps in "Contact" mode were never hooked up. That means that the stroke rate of each pump must have been programmed into it using the default selection menu, and I think that the top stroke rate you can achieve this way is 180 per minute.

• Don't forget he had a pinball wizard / programmer on hand who could probably activate those flippers at speed.

This was a reference to Fulvio Fabiani, who was one of the people working closely with Rossi and tending to the setup at Doral. Fabiani's tiny company Quantum Leap LLC has paid for at least €75,0000 of contract work to Giuseppe Levi on a pinball microcontroller, hence the "pinball wizard" reference.

In the context of the Florida lawsuit, Rossi will insist that Fabiani was a representative of IH, although this narrow claim only serves to obscure the far more significant working relationship and friendship that Fabiani has had with Rossi.

ETA: fixed quote I was replying to, which was the pinball reference rather than the "friend of Rossi" reference.

• Official Post

When you say "friend of Rossi's", does this mean that we are to understand that the information is supposed to be coming from Rossi himself as relayed through this friend?

I don't think so. 'friend of Rossi' means exactly what I intended it to mean. An engineering-savvy friend with a camera and sharp eyes. Definitely not FF, who was something else entirely, he is the 'pinball wizard'.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.