Prominent Gamma/L 0232 Flow Rate Test

• Ahlfors

Well a battery powered halogen torch like a maglite comes to mind.

However a typical AAA battery has a capacity of between 0.3 and 1.3 Ah (or between 0.8 and 1.8 Wh) depending on the chemistry used in the battery so we would need something like 10 or 20 of them to power a 20W halogen bulb for 1 hour I think.

I suppose it would be a bit of a squeeze in there for so many. I suppose the maximum capacity could be 2.

Unless they are rechargeable but then i think it would require the supply voltage and current to be sufficiently high to recharge them about 10 and 20 times an hour. So the supply power would still be relevant and even so I'm not sure if such battery could be charged and discharged in say 6 minutes?

Its interesting to consider but I think it is very unlikely that it is possible for an internal battery to account for the thermal power seen however.

If viable though it maybe important to check the parameters of the demonstration test eliminate this possibility of internal batteries or external charging of any possible internal batteries accounting for the total thermal output

Could be cool design though if the E-Cat QX is somehow able to recharge two batteries and those are sufficient once charged to initiate the process.

• I don't think so. 'friend of Rossi' means exactly what I intended it to mean. An engineering-savvy friend with a camera and sharp eyes. Definitely not FF, who was something else entirely, he is the 'pinball wizard'.

Sorry, I meant to reply to the pinball wizard reference rather than the "friend of Rossi" reference. Still waking up.

• "An engineering-savvy friend"

That is what I thought. But I know that he has sometimes simply passed on information that Rossi has given him directly. I wondered if this was supposed to be one of those times. Apparently not.

Whatever the source. I am completely convinced by the argument made by this friend of Rossi's. The backpressure at the outlet of the Prominent pumps must be basically zero. That has consequences for the trial that Alan Fletcher is undertaking.

• Ouch, could you just put the dye in the collection cylinder, thought it didn't feed back yet?

Yes, I can do that for the volume (lo_mark to hi_mark) test, but not for the timed test where it starts empty.

I'm wondering whether pen ink would work -- or will it gum up the valves too? (Not immediately, but over time, if I don't drain and flush the pump).

• Ahlfors.

I don't want to get too far off topic from this very interesting thread of Alan Fletcher on the pumps.

But your points are also interesting and it's an interesting point you raise here too. It would be good to know what is in those boxes. I wonder if those boxes are containing control electronics or the known external batteries? Also if the boxes also shielding their contents from external RF? If so I suppose that shielding could also be made with a see through mesh though?

Alan Fletcher. It's really great to see you take the initiative with this test. Thanks and good luck with it.

• Hi Alan. You may have missed the fact that I bought the back pressure valve. The seller prefers sending it to me- I can forward, I just hope you still want it.

I saw you'd made an offer, not that they'd accepted.

Yes, I'm happy to go on with the experiment as long as it takes. (My time costs a zillion quatloos an hour).

I'll finish up todays runs ... if they show significant variation of flow with discharge and suctions heights then we should definitely go on. (eg order a digital scale ... I think I'll go for 0.001 kg resolution dumb vs 0.01 USB. I'm not planning to automate the tests.)

• @DW

A) Jozef is a measurer with strong experience in NUCLEAR data logs [cfr. Scopus] and has been guest researcher for a while in a KEMI Dpt.

B) "Fulvs" is Italian, I suppose. Je parie qu'il est maintenant sur la plage.

• I'm pointing out to Jed that the specs are a GUIDE and NOT a guarantee.

The specs are a guarantee. I mean they are literally a legal guarantee. A company that publishes incorrect specifications will get in trouble with regulators and customers, under consumer protection laws. You can sue the company if the product does not meet the specifications.

• The specs are a guarantee. I mean they are literally a legal guarantee. A company that publishes incorrect specifications will get in trouble with regulators and customers, under consumer protection laws. You can sue the company if the product does not meet the specifications.

And contrary to Rossi's untrue statement, the manufacturing performance characteristics show the parameters needed for flow rates from as low as about 1 liter/hour to as high as 36*1.1 = 39.6 liters/hour (at .5 bar and 100% stroke and 100% frequency). So the true minimum flow that can be accurately metered with this pump is about 1 liter/hour, not Rossi's untrue claim of 32 liters/hour. (The manufacturer does not give performance flow rates outside of these parameters).

It's like the rating on a 1/2 ton pickup truck. Yes, you can load it a little higher, but it's not rated (or guaranteed) to be safe and undamaged with loads in excess of 1/2 ton. If you put one ton in, it might or might not damage the suspension or brakes, and it will definitely be less safe to drive (be sure to brake early!). But the 'minimum guaranteed performance' by the truck maker is 1/2 ton. It should handle that maximum load amount safely and sustainably under a variety of operating conditions (rain, hills, curves, frequent starts and stops, highway driving, etc.). Therefore, the minimum guaranteed performance of the truck is 1/2 ton.

And of course you can drive around quite happily with the bed empty and zero load and anything up to the 'minimum guaranteed performance' of 1/2 ton.

That's how this pump is spec'ed by the manufacturer.

• The specs are a guarantee. I mean they are literally a legal guarantee. A company that publishes incorrect specifications will get in trouble with regulators and customers, under consumer protection laws. You can sue the company if the product does not meet the specifications.

What part of MINIMUM do you not comprehend?

http://www.kmdahl.no/uploads/2…ipment-catalogue-2011.pdf

The values given in the capacity data tables are guaranteed minimum values, using medium hardness
    water at room temperature.

You really think you could sue Prominent if the pump delivers MORE than the guaranteed minimum values, particularly if you IGNORE all their warnings about using a back-pressure valve?

• I meant that whatever the max values are, that's what they are. If you force more water through it, it will break.

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

• I completed

RUN-04B (two attempts) : low-to-high level test

RUN-05E (five attempts!!) : timed test to about 900 ml

I have to go do a radio show ... so you'll have to wait until tonight for results.

More runs will depend on the light, most likely tomorrow morning.

• Feel much better now, although, after reading SSC's comment, that it makes good business sense for Rossi to abandon the proven, certificated 1MW LT, for the QX -which is still in R/D according to Rossi, almost sent me over the edge again.

The 1 MW plant has been long tested, as you say, and during the Doral test Rossi was able to refine his technology by overcoming some of the problems that have been arose in the plant. The fruit of all of this is QuarkX, a better product than the others made before. Do not bet everything on that would be absurd.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.