​New E-Cat QX Picture and New Rossi-Gullstrom Paper (Very high COP reported with Calorimetry)​

• Good grief, that stuff makes any respectable plumber, not to mention machinist or engineer, cringe in embarrassment.

• Official Post

I noticed i the attached slides:

Since I did not understand the exchanges, maybe it is obvious...

• The experiment was not described in detail because it was not the purpose of the article that, I repeat, is focused on theoretical concepts.

Ok, let's run with this possibility for a moment. Suppose I write up a theoretical paper on the mean lifetime of K mesons and then include an appendix with two sections giving the bare outlines of the results of two experiments relating to an exciting and secret technology that will soon be on the market. One of the sections sets out claims about how the the core of the apparatus exhibits superconductivity at 1000 C. In introducing this section, have I given support to the theoretical discussion of the lifetime of K mesons and increased its overall credibility? Does the brief section in the appendix on superconductivity answer a question about K meson lifetime? Suppose the answer is "yes" in some vague sense if you squint your eyes. Does the section succeed in not raising more questions than it answers?

You should inform yourself better before spitting judgments. Rossi was acquitted of those charges, as you can read in this article of the Corriere della Sera (an Italian newspaper):

https://drive.google.com/file/…bUQwcVZPM0pfOXNnNldR/view

If you're going to provide a clipping from a newspaper in Italian, it would be common courtesy to provide a translation in English or at least supply the source material as text which can be translated by Google. And for every article you can find that says Rossi was found not guilty of one charge or another, I can find 20 or more on Krivit's site which says he was found guilty of several Petroldragon related charges, those he escaped were mostly because statutes of limitations expired, and Rossi served appreciable time (years) in prison.

• Dear Colleagues,

I waited over 3 days before make comments, about the recent Gullstrom-Rossi paper related to QuarkX, published in the arXiv repository at Cornell University (USA).

* First question is: who endorsed such paper for repository, according to the written rules of arXiv organization?

It is a Scientific repository, not a Patent office.

* It is possible that in the quite complex paper (about 18 - 20 pages), in the short experimental example (the most interesting part, in my opinion), the KEY information about voltage drop (and its dynamic behaviour, if any) at the reactor input is fully omitted ?

* In principle, during the function of QuarkX in the "active mode" (i.e. after proper activation by high voltage pulses, I suppose), the voltage drop can be close to zero or even PRODUCE some current (as experienced, at low intensity, in our surface-modified Constantan wires since May 2014).

* The key point, I repeat, is that Dr. Andrea Rossi should give more details of the experiments, if he decided to put the paper in a public repository.

* Sorry if, as usual, I am quite direct making comments/opinions.

My best,

Francesco CELANI

(previous Vice-President of ISCMNS).

• Regarding: "And then there was b) which was an “Additional Element”, and there was no mention of this in the patent. So what does this mean for your patent if you do not include that Additional Element?"

It is unlikely that there are two different plasma reactions discovered in overunity research. IMHO, more likely than not Rossi and R, Mills are working with the same plasma based reaction. Mills also says he is using a secret oxygen carrying metallic oxide compound to ignite the plasma in his reaction. Now Rossi says he is also using a secret compound. .So it goes to reason that the Rossi secret additive is an oxygen base compound. The compound that Mills is using might be vanadium oxide.

Vanadium(II) oxide, has a vaporization point ( Boiling point - 2,627 °C (4,761 °F; 2,900 K) where the oxygen is liberated that fits well into the plasma temperature range that the QuarkX is running at.

The problem that Rossi might face is that this oxygen based additive and its various alternatives have already been patented by R.Mills, so Rossi might have some IP problems ahead.

• Dr. Celani,

I agree that the experimental parameters in the recently released paper are sparse, which is a cause of great consternation on this forum and elsewhere. I presume Rossi is walking a tight line between the scientific world and industrial concerns.

Gratefully, Rossi has promised Frank that additional details would be released at the upcoming demonstration planned for this October.

• * In principle, during the function of QuarkX in the "active mode" (i.e. after proper activation by high voltage pulses, I suppose), the voltage drop can be close to zero or even PRODUCE some current (as experienced, at low intensity, in our surface-modified Constantan wires since May 2014).

When Rossi first discovered the plasma bas LENR reaction, he stated that the COP wos divided into three components: Light, Heat, and direct electric Current.

I remember back then that Rossi claimed that the current percentage of the COP was 10%. Even very recently, Rossi has confirmed that the QuarkX is producing a proportion of its COP as direct electric current but not enough to commercialize that format for energy production. For a total QuarkX power output of 20 watts, it is reasonable to expect that 10% of that power is in the form of direct current or 2 watts.

• A lot of the discussion has been about reactor voltage and resistance. I'd like to submit that it is unlikely that those values are constant, especially when comparing start up and steady state.

Once again, we are looking at instant power in vs out (assuming that the reactor has no resistance when in steady state).

I believe we also need to look at overall energy in vs out before getting excited about a COP=20,000.

• From the eyewitness description of the QuarkX that Alan Smith gave us as follows:

I do remember. BTW, eye witness accounts claim that the tube itself is transparent, and the electrodes bright silver colour. nothing is visible in the gap. I have no idea about sealing or anything else - except that the plasma can apparently be made 'any colour you like'. The example shown was glowing yellow when energised for short periods. That's all the info I have.

The transparent tube is not obscured by wiring, so the quadrupole field must be produced by circuit loops at the ends of the tube (maybe boron nitride). A possible endcap circuit might look like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN8YW4ItBhA2c95gjuPokwJ5BbbByN9_SratWNZ0DfZvqL0NFsxg

• Official Post

Can a circuit with a section that is a plasma channel (with possibly negative resistance) be in a steady state?

arc, like tunnel/avalanche diodes, have a zone of dynamic resistance (where voltage decrease while current grow, because avalanche effect reduce resistance). there were/are used are RF generators.

You need a resonating circuit, and DC power.

Without resonating circuits sometime it is used as white noise generator of fair quality. Sometime they can generate 1/f (fractal) noise...

my first impression is that it is yet another tactic to manipulate the physicists, but in a way good 1/f noise may have an effect similar to superwaves or q-pulse?

Until it is reproduced in absence of Rossi, and not by one of his minion, I won't believe a word.

anyway sine I follow him I know he exploit good ideas, so it may be a good idea. Don't believe it worked, but it may work in your lab because of your own work and creativity.

• Regarding:...even PRODUCE some current (as experienced, at low intensity, in our surface-modified Constantan wires since May 2014).

Consistent with the standard model theory of particle physics, there is only one way to produce excess electrons in a LENR reaction. That way is from muon decay. Any LENR system that is producing excess electrons is also producing muons.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.