​New E-Cat QX Picture and New Rossi-Gullstrom Paper (Very high COP reported with Calorimetry)​

'm not surprised that you do not have time to deal with Cherokee's wrongdoing, since you devote it completely to fundamental things like discovering what people of the same name of Rossi do around the world daily. But it's a pity, because Cherokee never ceases to amaze you ... you could fill your days if you wanted to be interested in the story of Darden and his affiliated companies. Meanwhile, if you want to catch a breath between an attack on Rossi and the other, you can refer to these links:

The Playground

I don't recall writing anything to suggest I am a fan of Cherokee or Darden. I do recall calling the man, in my opinion, both incompetent and negligent in his vetting of Rossi's claims. And I am aware of irregularities involving the fund. It isn't in my field of competence or interest.

They are devoting themselves to the replication of the E-Cat and probably try to make a test that is reproducible and reliable because they know that there are so many people like you who will even analyze it in punctuation in the hope of being able to find errors.

Yah shoore. How long would it take an academic to make a reasonable reply to critiques of the Lugano work for example?

• So in summary, maybe Rossi did win a sports contest back in 1970 or whenever... before accepting the assertion, one should make sure that a) the person in question really is the same Andrea Rossi making the claim AND b) the record is indeed the same as he claims to have broken. Do you mind doing that?

I suggest you read Mats book An Impossible Invention. You say you have, but then you seem to forget what you read, so it might be worth re-reading. It is the most authoritative source on Rossi's life. Mats sources his information all the way through the book.

• I actually bought the book. I'll have to take another look if I can overcome the nausea I associate with reading it. Mats' book is a touching collection of Rossisays and Rossifiction along with a bit of a travelogue. I'd rate it zero stars for reporting and for ferreting out facts.

• I'm not surprised that you do not have time to deal with Cherokee's wrongdoing, since you devote it completely to fundamental things like discovering what people of the same name of Rossi do around the world daily. But it's a pity, because Cherokee never ceases to amaze you ... you could fill your days if you wanted to be interested in the story of Darden and his affiliated companies. Meanwhile, if you want to catch a breath between an attack on Rossi and the other, you can refer to these links:

The Playground

The Playground

http://www.sifferkoll.se/siffe…d-the-tax-payer-investor/

There is very little opposition to Cherokee/Darden here and elsewhere because all-in-all their activities are fairly inconsequential. The only reason MY and others of his/her ilk focus on attacking Rossi is that they suspect that the e-Cat might work, and are fearful of its consequences for one reason or another.

The only reason MY and others of his/her ilk focus on attacking Rossi is that they suspect that the e-Cat might work, and are fearful of its consequences for one reason or another.

(choking back laughter) WHAT consequences? Cheap power? Endless opportunities? fascinating science? Sure seems like stuff to fear!

• (choking back laughter) WHAT consequences? Cheap power? Endless opportunities? fascinating science? Sure seems like stuff to fear!

Maybe those are not ALL the consequences that are considered. Maybe there exists some minor funding (green NGOs, academics, politics, etc) that would be slightly harder to get if LENR gains momentum. Maybe ...

• He did follow up as far as I know. We never saw the supplemental report, but that does not mean he did not follow up. Just because you don't see something, that does not mean it does not exist.

It wasn't in his first expert report or in his deposition. I classify that as "not following up".

Murray might well have made notes about it on a roll of toilet paper, so they MIGHT exist if he didn't re-use it in the normal manner.

Nor did Smith, who took the Penon flow verbatim, and didn't comment that the flow meter might be only half full (or whatever). Surely Smith was given Murray's comments.

• There is very little opposition to Cherokee/Darden here and elsewhere because all-in-all their activities are fairly inconsequential.

What do you mean by "inconsequential"? Do you mean "Unimportant"? With "no influence"? I believe it is important to know both parties when talking about a dispute, especially when one says that he/she wants to warn others of the dangers they face in dealing with one of these parts (like Maryyugo does). Cherokee has made illicit behaviours for years, has often been accused of nonfeasances and is still standing up just because it always sacrifices one of its affiliated companies, created for the sole purpose of blowing in the air instead of the parent company. All the information that Sifferkol spreads are on the internet, if anyone has the patience to look for them (for those who do not have it, you can find a good summary here: http://www.sifferkoll.se/sifferkoll/are-tomas -darden-Cherokee-simply-fake-environmentalists-in-business-only-to-defraud-the-tax-payer-investor /). Cherokee has had misguided and fraudulent behaviours and it is important to remember with who we are dealing with when we listen to the "beautiful words" Darden often donates to the world that listens to him.

• beautiful words" of Darden

At least Darden is positive about LENR,

Relative to the present Secretary of State, Tillerson.

https://qz.com/1034589/exxonmo…tillerson-ran-the-company

Mobil mission

"Our guiding principles. Exxon Mobil Corporation is committed to being the world's premier petroleum and petrochemical company. To that end, we must continuously achieve superior financial and operating results while simultaneously adhering to high ethical standards.

• Well I bet Darden is positive about LENR because he knows it works.

I bet Darden is positive about LENR because IH is in business to find it, if it can. As CEO of a company engaged in a difficult search you don't go around saying "Well, I doubt we will succeed".

Positivity is necessary, and any good CEO will be positive about his company's work. Positivity is not the same as putting probabilities onto the chance of success near-term or long-term, and certainly not the same as knowing that you will succeed.

• But we have a saying in German.

Dem schlechten Geld kein gutes hinterherwerfen. Which roughly translates to: you don't spend more (good) money after you realized the money you already invested is lost (bad) money.

• But we have a saying in German.

Dem schlechten Geld kein gutes hinterherwerfen. Which roughly translates to: you don't spend more (good) money after you realized the money you already invested is lost (bad) money.

So you are saying somone looking for LENR should abandon ship after the first LENR prospect that turns out no good?

Do you really think that is a sensible strategy?

• This is not what I wanted to say THH. If you follow through after the Rossi incident you must be very very convinced there is money/innovation to be made. And if you follow the breadcrumbs Dewey wants us to swallow they got tricked, gutted and roasted by the dottore. So still continuing in this field is more dangerous for Darden and his reputation than calling it a day and leaving the field.

• This is not what I wanted to say THH. If you follow through after the Rossi incident you must be very very convinced there is money/innovation to be made. And if you follow the breadcrumbs Dewey wants us to swallow they got tricked, gutted and roasted by the dottore. So still continuing in this field is more dangerous for Darden and his reputation than calling it a day and leaving the field.

My two cents. If TD were risk averse:

(1) He would not have decided to chase LENR

(2) He would not have risked giving money to Rossi

• (3) He would have found out AHEAD of time how to properly test an energy producing device and who should test it. Instead of finding out after wasting an entire year, giving ten million to a crook, and wasting another several million dollars on legal bills.

(and I am far from certain that he an Vaughn have fully learned that lesson even now)

• Positivity is necessary, and any good CEO will be positive about his company's work. Positivity is not the same as putting probabilities onto the chance of success near-term or long-term, and certainly not the same as knowing that you will succeed.

That is a good definition, but it may leave the reader wondering what else there is to be positive about. In the case of cold fusion, it is a large number of laboratory-scale positive experimental results. Based on them, a person can hope it is possible to develop a commercially useful source of energy. That person should know there are many caveats and potential show-stoppers, such as:

Lack of control

Many failed experiments even by researchers who succeeded

Many other experiments that were incompetent and proved nothing

No theoretical explanation

Tremendous political opposition to the research

Unexplained explosions and other potential danger

A whole host of other problems relating to Rossi -- which I need not enumerate here

I am quite sure that Darden and the others were aware of these problems. I and others told them, many times, and they said they got the message. Those people may have made a grievous misjudgment with Rossi, but they understand risk and they have guts.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.