​New E-Cat QX Picture and New Rossi-Gullstrom Paper (Very high COP reported with Calorimetry)​

• xxxElexxx wrote,

'Yes plasma has extremely high conductivity'

I'd say the fact that a plasma is very good at producing light and heat radiation is an good indication in most circumstances its a rather poor conductor of electrical current.

Of course the QuarkX is an exception. Lets hope Gullstrom was allowed to measure the input voltage or maybe that wasn't possible due to a magic Rossi PSU producing proprietary waveforms.

• Oh yes, absolutely third party experts... obviously members of Rossi's clan.

This is exactly what I call Prejudice and having an agenda.

You can't judge something that has not happened !

If people that do not think like you are part or the "Rossi's clan" , which is your clan ?

Widom Larsen ? IH ?

• I'd say the fact that a plasma is very good at producing light and heat radiation is an good indication in most circumstances its a rather poor conductor of electrical current.

You have not read even the wikipedia page I linked.

Plasma is quite a perfect conductor. Any electrical discharge (lightning, sparks..... and many others) is the demonstration of that.

• This is exactly what I call Prejudice and having an agenda.

You can't judge something that has not happened !

LOL quite simple, all previous demos (playhouse without any possibility of verification of claim by any skilled independent team) were populated exclusively by "third party experts" members or sympathizing of Rossi's clan. Will this next demo really under an independent third party control ? Yes? Are you able to say who are these experts?

If people that do not think like you are part or the "Rossi's clan" , which is your clan ?

Widom Larsen ? IH ?

My clan? Simply the real Science, not voodoo science and not part of this kind of hoax. :D :D :D

• SSC said:

"How many nonsense .............. Professors have written and signed the Lugano report, that is enough to make it clear that they support the work they have done. There is no need to reiterate their point of view on the internet: if they did not deny what they wrote,it means that they are convinced of the value of their work. The fact that they believe in the E-Cat is confirmed by the replication they are making in Sweden: if it were not so, now they would deal with other things. It is useless that you try to interpret the attitude of the Professors so that this can be part of your vision, where Rossi is an orc and anyone who has to deal with him is a victim. Things are not so, resign yourself to that."

Bah, I can make a Lugano-Style IR COP of 3.2 with 5 mm alumina tube with one orange-hot Kanthal wire running lengthwise through the centre of it.

So can anyone.

Clearly I should have sent one to Sweden a long time ago.

• But how about resistance of plasma vs. temperature, i.e gas is heated with resistor or whatever external heat source, and resistance is measured with small current? Does the gas become ionized at some temp? What kind of curve does that make?

• ele

I agree a perfect plasma is a good conductor, however we are talking here of the Quarkx which by all accounts creates a plasma from a arc passing through a gas. Such a plasma relies on sustained imperfect conductivity to produce the required heat to form the plasma, hence the observation of dynamic negative resistance.
    Rossi however wants it both ways, the heat and light generated from a relatively high resistance of a sustained arc and the good conductivity of a near perfect plasma.
    If Gullstrom ever reads this forum, I hope he ignores any pressure from Rossi and measures what really matters, i.e. the input voltage.

• ele

I agree a perfect plasma is a good conductor, however we are talking here of the Quarkx which by all accounts creates a plasma from a arc passing through a gas. Such a plasma relies on sustained poor conductivity to produce the required heat to form the plasma, hence the observation of dynamic negative resistance.
    Rossi however wants it both ways, the heat and light generated from a relatively poor resistance of a sustained arc and the good conductivity of a near perfect plasma.
    If Gullstrom ever reads this forum, I hope he ignores any pressure from Rossi and measures what really matters, i.e. the input voltage.

Just to remember: we still do not have any other information on Rossi's new toy dimensions (or maybe I have missed it): a little ca. 30mm long and 1mm diameter reactor stick, made of a revolutionary new material composition (no problem to run constantly at 2700°C), powered by...? How the hell can he ignite and control an arc, a hydrogen gas flow and a plasma reaction within this volume? I guess no one from the "external 3rd party experts" who will perform or be part of his independent test, won't be allowed to have a closer look at his "core technology" (my guess: covered by aluminum foil again) so his QuarkX reactor will remain a mystery and Rossisayz....until we see a product on the market ;-).

No one of his followers seem to be interested in details or is asking him questions, all what matters is what he says and promises. Time will tell (btw: time tells since years, Dr. Rossi is now 67 and not so many years are left in order to celebrate, so he needs to hurry up with his product for mankind)

• Levi is a mediocre and obscure faculty member at UniBo who is still an assistant professor, the lowest rank, after decades.

Obscure? I think you've spent too much time on role-playing! It is clear that you do not know the Italian university system at all. Do you really think that all the assistants succeed in becoming professors? Do you think it takes only a few years for an advancement in Italian universities? You are talking about a world completly unknown for you (something that happens to you often) and you make insulting conclusions that show just how ignorant you are. But this no longer surprise anybody ......

• Thus, there is no logical connection between hopes (what you would like to happen) and expectation (what you think likely to happen). I may hope to win a lottery first prize. I don't expect this.

Given however you seem to think that Rossi's (much to be hoped for if real) claims are likely real, perhaps you confuse the two there as you have done in the above post.

I know very well the difference between hopes and expectation, and in the case of Rossi they coincide perfectly. I hope his technology can be successful and I also expect this to happen. Obviously if you have prejudices against Rossi, you will do nothing but negatively interpret any news that concerns him. In this case you are unlikely to hope for his success while you foresee his fall. You hope Rossi will not be successful for not having to eat your words against him, so even in your case the hopes and expectation coincide.

• As is wrote 7 years ago, I'll believe it when I see it, not before, and for the last 7 years I have seen nothing but sleight of hand crackpott, fake science and engineering.

For seven years you've seen what you wanted to see. Rossi made several prototypes of his invention, made them be tested by experts who confirmed the good performance of his technology, lost time because of IH, which promised him money without ever really intending to give it to him, and now he is again on his own way that goes toward the presentation of an improved version of his E-Cat. Seven years are nothing if you think about how difficult it was to run it all, relying almost exclusively on his own strength. Anyway it's hard to believe you've been following this story for seven years if you think it's just "fake science": if it was really so, you would be disinterested to Rossi much earlier. When QuarkX will be a business reality, you will probably use a different nickname to write that you've always believed in Rossi.

You are talking about a world completly unknown for you (something that happens to you often) and you make insulting conclusions that show just how ignorant you are. But this no longer surprise anybody ......

OK, SSC. Kindly list Levi's accomplishments in science, not related to Rossi or the ecat or, for that matter, brewing coffee. Papers for example? Discoveries? Honors and awards?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.