​New E-Cat QX Picture and New Rossi-Gullstrom Paper (Very high COP reported with Calorimetry)​

• Mills is accepting the value for the intrinsic spin of an elementary particle which is a foundational assumption of quantum mechanics. Mills seems to be picking and choosing what he likes about QM and what he does not like so that the numbers that he gets works out to what he likes.

No, it's not related to QM, it's measured values the angular momentum of the electron is measured to hbar, then the precession means that what's left of the total angular momentums is hbar/2 that's happen to be the same as the intrinsic spin. So no, QM is not used, but all measured values are used.

• No, it's not related to QM, it's measured values the angular momentum of the electron is measured to hbar, then the precession means that what's left of the total angular momentums is hbar/2 that's happen to be the same as the intrinsic spin. So no, QM is not used, but all measured values are used.

So how is the intrinsic value of spin measured from the laws of thermodynamics?

• Tony, we're trying to understand what's going on with this experiment with what information is available. Is this of any interest to you? Or do you just assume the results as stated without any critical reserve?

Well, it seems there is a lot of guessing on limited information. Sort of a like buss load of blind and death people discussing art and music and trying to make is out as if they have a clue.

• Rossi is applying a high voltage potential to the nickel electrode of the QuarkX. There is a non conducting gas(hydrogen) inside that tube. There is a tunneling effect where electrons pass through the gas to the tune of milliwatts which happens to be the power consumption factor that the COP is reconed on.

• Well, it seems there is a lot of guessing on limited information. Sort of a like buss load of blind and death people discussing art and music and trying to make is out as if they have a clue.

What, that's what's fun. Have you ever tried to solve a crossword, if you had all the details it would not have been so fun. I'll tell you that this bus load of people is training their brains and will probably have much less chance of developing dementia than the common. I don't find this site different in this respect to other sites, just that people are more critical than e.g. Ecat world.

• Yes, there does appear to be a lot of guessing. But you surely did not include my name in your list because of that, because I have not ventured any guesses.

But one must ask why we are left to guessing. This is presumably a draft scientific paper uploaded to Arxiv. One wonders what Gullstrom is thinking.

I surely trust the work of Gullstrom/Rossi way more than random critics since they actually did the test and concluded COP of ~20k. That's the idea of the finger test. It would be enough. There is simply no doubt it works.

• Official Post

What, that's what's fun. Have you ever tried to solve a crossword, if you had all the details it would not have been so fun.

Stefan,

My thinking is that if this paper is like a crossword puzzle, it is not very scientific. Am I wrong?

Seems to me everyone is having to do a lot of guessing, filling in the blanks, and downright redrawing Rossi's schematics to make it work, or fit with his written description. That being the case, or what I believe to be the case, is there any scientific value to this paper?

• Mills blabla physics is an illusion...at least in terms of transmutation which Mills totally discounts.

You mix Mills physics and his SUN-CELL experiment - which obviously has nothing to do with his physics... (Except some lucky coincidence..)

I thought that Mills rejected quantum mechanics. ℏ/2 cames from quantum mechanics. How does ℏ/2 come from the laws of thermodynamics?

axil: Time to study Mills. Nobody can reject the quantization of nature...(Just study rigid rotators..)

Mills is accepting the value for the intrinsic spin of an elementary particle which is a foundational assumption of quantum mechanics. Mills seems to be picking and choosing what he likes about QM and what he does not like so that the numbers that he gets works out to what he likes.

This value is given by nature - not by thermodynamics or Mills or Axil or...

Rossi is applying a high voltage potential to the nickel electrode of the QuarkX. There is a non conducting gas(hydrogen) inside that tube. There is a tunneling effect where electrons pass through the gas to the tune of milliwatts which happens to be the power consumption factor that the COP is reconed on.

Axil's blabla: Hydrogen is highly conducting under an arc discharge as it discomposes into H- and H3+!, something most people did not notice until recently!

• (Tony on QuarkQX)

There is simply no doubt it works.

- Petroldragon

- Thermoelectric converter, high efficiency

- steam ecat, high power tests by Rossi, Focardi and Levi

- hot cats, tested by the Swedes

- QuarkQX

- robotic factories

- cheap separation of nickel isotopes in Rossi's lab

- certification for sale of megawatt plants obtained

- more than a dozen customers

- Swedish factory bought

Nope. No doubts at all. On any of those.

• Official Post

Forgot who, but someone asked about the high operating temp of the reactor:

Jul 7, 2017

Dear Andrea Rossi,

The posted operating point of the QuarkX reactor is about 2700 degC. This above the melting point of almost all metals. How does one heat the QuarkX and sustain that temperature?

a. Use of tungsten wire for resistive heating? If so, oxidation is of a concern.

b. Inductive heating? If so, then it requires the interior (fuel) container to be transparent to RF waves.

c. A special ceramic (or similar) material with the tungsten wires embedded within the material?

d. Other technique?

Andrea Rossi

July 7, 2017 at 7:08 AM

confidential

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• Not really. I've read the history books. Some of it might be on the planning stage (like the robotic factories). The rest i factual enough. I know though you have a lifelong 24/7 mission to post as much Rossi allegations as you can. But sorry, it doesn't stick on me. So go on, go find another victim for your rants :)

• The posted operating point of the QuarkX reactor is about 2700 degC. This above the melting point of almost all metals. How does one heat the QuarkX and sustain that temperature?

Shane D. : Most glow/discharge lamps have even higher temps. Halogen bulbs profit from convection. The wire is much, much hotter than the surrounding glass. But without Tungsten nothing goes...

• The fact of ITER not having a control is not an argument for the omission of a control in a benchtop experiment that would in a scientific context have not one but perhaps several controls.

(In reality, I don't think we know whether controls were carried out because the experimental writeup is so spare. Which is itself fatal to a proper assessment.)

Obviously I didn't say it was an argument for not having control. Just that the statement NO CONTOL. NO RESULTS was clearly nonsense.

In the case of the E-Cat QX it would be fairly simple to have a control but the critics here who believe the E-Cat QX can't possibly work would still find some fault with it.

As far as I'm concerned it should be simple to instrument an E-Cat QX well enough to dispel any doubt. Obviously not true for the pseudo skeptics here.

ps. To call me a "student" on this forum shows how silly and meaningless your labels are.

• Obviously I didn't say it was an argument for not having control. Just that the statement NO CONTOL. NO RESULTS was clearly nonsense.

Here is LENR Calendar's full quote:

I note that Rossi does not believe in running a dummy to check that his setup is working properly.

Sorry but:

NO CONTROL = NO RESULT

Is your contention that LENR Calendar was suggesting that "NO CONTROL = NO RESULT" outside of the context of Rossi's experiments, such as, say, ITER? It would be quite difficult to construe that. He was clearly talking about Rossi's demos, where controls are both possible and necessary, if they're ever to be taken seriously. What LENR Calendar said wasn't nonsense at all. If Rossi wanted his demos to be taken seriously, this would be possible. I doubt that he does.

But we're back at the problem that we're not sure whether there were controls or not.

• Axil's blabla: Hydrogen is highly conducting under an arc discharge as it discomposes into H- and H3+!, something most people did not notice until recently!

The hydrogen in the QuarkX is under a 6 bar pressure as per Rossi's patent. This pressure discourages the development of plasma evan at a operating temperature of 2700C.

Petroldragon Rossi was cleared of all charges as documented also in this thread)

Stop quoting Rossi. He's a liar and a criminal. Rossi and his cronies were personally and entirely responsible for an environmental disaster that cost dozens of millions of dollars to clean up. Where in the world is it documented that Rossi was not responsible for Petroldragon other than in Rossifiction? No wonder you swallow the QuarkX nonsense hook line and sinker! If you believer Rossi innocent in Petroldragon (and the Thermoelectric ripoff of the government) you'd believe anything.

BTW. the reason I "take out old topics" is that people like you persist in forgetting or misstating them. Again and again and again.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.