The triangle Journal : Dispute between inventor and Raleigh investor over nuclear reaction device ends

• and what is the most interesting for us

"But Darden and team plan to continue exploring LENR development. Darden says Rossi’s device was just “one of a dozen that we were funding” in the cold fusion space."

Just .... "just one of a dozen" ... as if it were of little value! Woodford called the E-Cat the "core" of the business and was quite upset when he knew things were not going well. It seems that the other projects in the portfolio are a kind of way out ....

• I'll add that although I question the decision to invest in any LENR/CF by IH, I must applaud them for the work they did once they had full access to all the top LENR technology. Their team of experts rigorously tested these technologies against the tough standards of real science. They discovered that maybe around 75% of them, including the Ecat, did not work. Out of the few remaining, they haven't announced success on any yet. Although IH will likely lose the 10's of millions+ they invested in this, their work served a greater purpose. By thoroughly disproving all of the top LENR claims, IH has likely prevented 100's of millions more from being wasted as investment in this field. Hopefully, any potential investor in this field will think: "IH had full access to everything and their experts failed to replicate any of the effects. Why would I think we could do better?".

• Official Post

I am pretty impressed with TD's comments Abd so kindly provided. He sounds sincere, and truly committed to the humanitarian first, money second aspect in his search for a working LENR tech. Definitely at odds with the unflattering picture IH haters here painted. By their depiction, the "greedy bastard" should have pulled his money out of LENR by now, and gone back to real estate. Instead, he is continuing on with his LENR quest. Good on him!

After reading though, one thing that is no longer clear to me regarding the settlement: Rossi makes it very clear in his Lewan interview that he has his IP back. Yet, he is much less clear as to whether or not IH still has the North America Licence.

I am pretty impressed with TD's comments Abd so kindly provided.

Which comments and where pls? (thanks) Sometimes this stuff gets hard to follow. About Rossi's purported "IP". don't make me laugh. IP?? WHAT IP? Fraud isn't IP. And any license to sell ecats is worthless as is any agreement with Rossi as Prometeon found out early on to their chagrin. http://e-catworld.com/2014/11/…es-e-cat-licensee-status/

• Official Post

about LENR technology, beside probably Brillouin (if they have a productive embryo of theory), my own position is there is none.

What Darden seems to have funded with success is not entrepreneurs but lab scientists (at least many).

That is a good approach as I judge today (my judgement change with data and learning).

back to the lab, is my new moto. I believe in LENR-

Wiki : all my attempts to include "with prejudice" (in any form) failed -- so I filed (first ever!) a formal complaint :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…ergy_Catalyzer_discussion

Wiki-legal Note : this is NOT a solicitation for wiki editors to chime in

Good for you. Obviously, I am not in favor of Rossifiction-filled Wikipedia entries as were first tried by Frank Acland (I think) and others in 2011 and 2012. But this is ridiculous.

• Wiki : edit war over whether I can say "the parties settled, and the case was dismissed with prejudice" or only "the parties settled".

Wikipedia is a backwards hall of mirrors. It is inexplicable. The official ruling by the judge says the parties settled and the case is dismissed with prejudice. Those were her very words! Someone told me that is what judges say in situations like this. The judge does not want the case back in court after a settlement, so it has to be "with prejudice."

See: "The Undue Weight of Truth on Wikipedia"

http://www.chronicle.com/artic…eight-of-Truth-on/130704/

• I'll add that although I question the decision to invest in any LENR/CF by IH, I must applaud them for the work they did once they had full access to all the top LENR technology. Their team of experts rigorously tested these technologies against the tough standards of real science. They discovered that maybe around 75% of them, including the Ecat, did not work. Out of the few remaining, they haven't announced success on any yet. Although IH will likely lose the 10's of millions+ they invested in this, their work served a greater purpose. By thoroughly disproving all of the top LENR claims, IH has likely prevented 100's of millions more from being wasted as investment in this field. Hopefully, any potential investor in this field will think: "IH had full access to everything and their experts failed to replicate any of the effects. Why would I think we could do better?".

Do you really think IH is doing a favor at the LENR field? Their so-called experts are destroying the work of scientists and highly prepared and competent people, condemning them to no longer get any funding for the bad reputation that IH is spreading. Have you ever thought that maybe IH experts are wrong? You think it is more likely that so many scientists scattered around the world who have devoted themselves to different experiments and have achieved positive results independently from each other are wrong, or that a handful of people paid by VC's who fails to run any reactor are wrong? How can you say that IH tests are rigorous if you have never read a report that describes them in detail? Your nickname clearly expresses your point of view on this topic and this one makes you see things in a distorted way.

• I am pretty impressed with TD's comments Abd so kindly provided. He sounds sincere, and truly committed to the humanitarian first, money second aspect in his search for a working LENR tech. Definitely at odds with the unflattering picture IH haters here painted. By their depiction, the "greedy bastard" should have pulled his money out of LENR by now, and gone back to real estate. Instead, he is continuing on with his LENR quest. Good on him!

You base your judgment on the words that Darden said, while his detractors are based on the facts. Darden can tell all the fables he wants, he can say that his first thought when he wakes up every morning is to save the world and he can even tell you that money does not matter to him. But are you really willing to believe him? Did you read the Cherokee - Zeneca case?

The property known as Zeneca site consisted of bay-front 86 acre between Marina Bay and Point Isabel in Richmond (CA). Cherokee proposed to continue the remediation and clean –up plan begun by Zeneca and to develop a mini-city in the site (biotech park, housing, retail spaces). In 2003 the City and the Richmond Redevelopment Agency supported the remediation and redevelopment plan of Cherokee. Cherokee began to redevelop the Lot 1 , remodeling the building, finishing landscaping and parking lot.

Between July and November 2004 the California Department of Toxic Substances Control made an investigation on use levels of 68 acre property , on criteria for housing on the property , on method used for the clean –up and asked for more tests on soil and groundwater across the entire site.

At the end of its investigation, the Department of Toxic Substances Control released the results that showed an high levels of dangerous substances in soil and in groundwater, included in northern Lot 1 (where the redevelopment had already advanced ).

In September 2006 the California Department of Toxic Substances Control issued a remediation order mandating the remediation of the property. Cherokee was obliged to pay for remediation a portion of the property, capping a portion of the property and monitoring and investigating the property.

On October 23, 2013 Cherokee filed its petition for Chapter 11 protection (bankruptcy) in Delaware Federal Court.

Do you think that this attitude deserves an applause? And this is just one of the many cases reported by Sifferkol (http://www.sifferkoll.se/sifferkoll/are-tomas-darden-cherokee-simply-fake-environmentalists-in-business-only-to-defraud-the- tax-payer-investor /). Those are facts, documented and available on the internet, not Darden's small talks.

• Do you really think IH is doing a favor at the LENR field? Their so-called experts are destroying the work of scientists and highly prepared and competent people . . .

Is that how you describe the Penon report??? Seriously? You and I have utterly different standards of what constitutes high preparation and competence. I have never seen such garbage as Penon's report, and I have seen LOTS and LOTS of garbage in cold fusion.

The Penon report is here:

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…/01/0197.03_Exhibit_3.pdf

• Official Post

SSC,

Yes, I read the Zeneca case. Hazardous waste sites are like quick sand that suck under the best of intentions. Especially so in hyper regulated, very liberal, California. This one Cherokee franchisee saw an opportunity to make money, after first committing to cleaning up the site that had been polluted long before, by another company. Then some local residents complained they were not doing enough, or making it worse, which attracted the attention of the environmental activist organizations, which brought in the state's regulatory agencies. It became politicized, and once that happens, nothing Cherokee could do, or no matter how much they would be willing to spend...would ever be enough to satisfy the various governmental, activist, and resident concerns.

At that point they did the only thing they could...file bankruptcy, and let the government deal with it. I really can not believe anyone would be so crazy to invest in brown fields. Hell, Rossi seems like a safe investment compared to that. Some of them must work out though, because they seem to have done quite a few.

• Shane D - most of the brown field deals eventually work out while some do not. There was a bad apple in the Meadowlands case and that is going to eventually happen if you make enough bets. Law abiding citizenship / impact investing is something that Ele, SSC and Siffer cannot relate to and have to fabricate / spin to rationalize their worldview to keep their hero dreams alive.

Did you see that Gary Wright is back in action? Wonder where he has been this entire time?

• Official Post

Hah, so GW is back! Always liked the guy until he threatened to sue me. Great summation he has for the freshmen, but for us Rossi Univ. post-grads -nothing new. Can Randombito really be Levi? If so, I would guess Alan will intervene pretty quickly. :)

And trust me, if GW says Rossi can still be brought up on criminal charges as he does, that means he has already notified the authorities. GW reported Rossi to both the Florida, and North Carolina Radiation Agencies for running a "nuclear reactor" on his premises.

• SSC,

Yes, I read the Zeneca case. Hazardous waste sites are like quick sand that suck under the best of intentions. Especially so in hyper regulated, very liberal, California. This one Cherokee franchisee saw an opportunity to make money, after first committing to cleaning up the site that had been polluted long before, by another company. Then some local residents complained they were not doing enough, or making it worse, which attracted the attention of the environmental activist organizations, which brought in the state's regulatory agencies. It became politicized, and once that happens, nothing Cherokee could do, or no matter how much they would be willing to spend...would ever be enough to satisfy the various governmental, activist, and resident concerns.

At that point they did the only thing they could...file bankruptcy, and let the government deal with it. I really can not believe anyone would be so crazy to invest in brown fields. Hell, Rossi seems like a safe investment compared to that. Some of them must work out though, because they seem to have done quite a few.

Upvote Shane. You are learning well the skill of advocating your point of view.

• Hah, so GW is back! Always liked the guy until he threatened to sue me. Great summation he has for the freshmen, but for us Rossi Univ. post-grads -nothing new. Can Randombito really be Levi? If so, I would guess Alan will intervene pretty quickly. :)

And trust me, if GW says Rossi can still be brought up on criminal charges as he does, that means he has already notified the authorities. GW reported Rossi to both the Florida, and North Carolina Radiation Agencies for running a "nuclear reactor" on his premises.

Thankfully, people like GW make us all feel better about ourselves.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.