• axil

I do have watched the entire Robitaille presentation on Youtube that you've linked in a few instances in the past.

I think Holmlid might have started considering the idea of a "condensed matter Sun" since at least year 2014 but he's never written it explicitly (besides suggesting in other works that ultra-dense hydrogen and/or Rydberg matter - the less dense form - could be the "missing" dark matter in the Universe).

For example I think the paper I previously linked in this thread in post #13 could indirectly imply this hypothesis.

• I beleive that Verlinde is correct in that there is no such thing as dark matter.

Search my posts on  Verlinde.

Verlinde beleive that gravity is an initial force. As such, entanglement replaces dark matter as the mechanism that produces changes in gravity over galactic scales.

Leonard Susskind is coming round to the same idea...see my post

How to emit low energy photons during LENR

This means that R, Mills theory of the hydrino is wrong and so is Holmlid's dark matter theory.

• axil

There are many believes. But Mills explanation fits very good to observations:

- hydrino reaction produces X-rays: solves the currently unexplainable observed amount of x-rays in space

- hydrinos are created in the corona of stars: explains the "temperature of the corona" mystery

- amount of dark matter increased over time (13% of matter 13 billion year ago - 90% (?) today) - fits to continuous creation in stars

And most important: experiments in the lab show the existence of hydrinos with the predicted internuclear distance:

http://www.brilliantlightpower…st-Power-Paper-060817.pdf

The experimental proof is pretty convincing. He did not use some fancy self created measurment methods and devices but rather well established lab equipment designed to measure the parameters he measured. No repurposing of equipment.

More or less the only other convincing explanation for his results: he faked them.

• I believe that there are true things that are included in hydrino theory which generally deal with chemical reactions. I also beleive that there are behaviors of the hydrino that really come from metallic hydrogen like the processes that occur on both the surface and in the atmosphere of the sun. There is also x ray, gamma and XUV emissions that are produced in space that come from metallic hydrogen reactions that Mills are wrongly attributing to hydrinos.

But I am convinced that there is no dark matter and no SunCell dark matter ash. If that stuff existed, R, Mills would have produced it to prove the hydrino theory for science.

The reaction that drives the SunCell is the same one that Rossi has discovered drives the Quark reactor.

• The fundamental difference between the Hydrino model and ultra-dense Hydrogen/Rydberg matter is that as far as I know (I stress that I haven't studied Mills' theory in detail so I could be wrong) the former is considered to be an inert gas that is "lighter than air" that would "drift harmlessly into space" once produced (you can search on Google for these exact words for many sources, but one can be found here), while the latter is dense condensed matter that can be contained for days-weeks in the laboratory on suitable metal surfaces. I think only one or none of these models can be correct, not both at the same time, even though there could still be agreements on certain aspects related for example to their formation.

• Going forward, below are notes I took on my LENR-notebook while reading the latest paper published by Holmlid (paywalled). They could be considered a relatively condensed version of the paper, but they do not include everything and I cannot guarantee that they're always accurate.

• Comment on Rossi blog on UDD and Iwamura experiments:

Dear Dr. Rossi

In your paper “Nucleon polarizability and long range strong force from σI=2 meson exchange potential”, I have noted an interesting point on the role of electron as “carrier of the nucleon”:

"A less probable alternative to the long range potential is if the e-N coupling in the special EM field environment would create a strong enough binding to compare an electron with a full nuclide. In this hypothesis, no constraints on the target nuclide are set, and nucleon transition to excited states in the target nuclide should be possible. In other words these two views deals with the electrons role. One is as a carrier of the nucleon and the other is as a trigger for a long range potential of the nucleon”.

Now, in the Iwamura experiment the CaO layer is hundreds of atomic layers far from the area near the surface where the atoms to be transmuted are deposited or implanted. Therefore, it is important to find a mechanism that explains the action at a distance and the role of CaO, the breaking of the Coulomb barrier and the usual absence of intense nuclear radiation typical of the LENR. An interesting hypothesis might arise from considering the formation of ultra-dense deuterium near the calcium oxide layer, where the high difference in work function between Pd and CaO favors the formation of a dense electron layer (SEL). Ultra-dense deuterium “atoms” are picometric structures, formed by a deuteron and an electron, that can easily migrate to the area where the nuclei to be transmuted (Cs or Sr) have been implanted. In this case the electrons can be seen as the carriers of the deuterons. A quite similar concept has been proposed by G. Bettini in the JONP paper How can 30% of nickel in Rossi’s reactor be transmuted into copper?”

This hypothesis seems to me more realistic than the hypothesis of formation of di-neutrons from a nuclear capture of the electron, considering that the neutron mass is much higher than the sum of proton and electron masses. Ultra-dense deuterium “mini-atoms”, having no charge but a relatively “long range” high magnetic momentum, according to this hypothesis, may be considered good candidates as the very cause of the transmutation of Cs in Pr and Sr in Mo.

Regards

• gio06

Incidentally, Holmlid calls the "building blocks" composing the long H(0) chain clusters "quasi-neutrons" (with protium) and "quasi-dineutrons" (with deuterium). In the processes (also spontaneous) that apparently eventually cause the production of mesons and muons, small picometer-scale fragments of the ultra-dense hydrogen/deuterium material can get ejected from it with MeV velocities, remaining neutral.

Short excerpt from http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0169895.g019 (open access) where they are cited:

[...] One possibility is that the neutral particles are of the HN(0) particle type, as suggested previously. Such particles may be named quasi-neutrons, or quasi-dineutrons in the case of DN(0), and could remain neutral even after acceleration to very high velocities by the other fast ejected particles. However, their properties in this respect are not known.

As a side note, unless he recently changed his mind, as far as I know Rossi doesn't think highly of theories where hydrogen atoms shrink/expand (see for example 1 and 2).

• can

Yes, but

how could this phrase, on electron role, be explained?

"One is as a carrier of the nucleon and the other is as a trigger for a long range potential of the nucleon"

As a side note, unless he recently changed his mind, as far as I know Rossi doesn't think highly of theories where hydrogen atoms shrink/expand (see for example 1 and 2).

• gio06

Sorry, I haven't invested much time trying to understand Gullström's paper (not only the theory, even the grammar is hard to follow), so I can't answer unfortunately. Additionally, I think the thread author would object to discussions about it here.

I only wanted to point out that Holmlid regards ultra-dense deuterons as "quasi-dineutrons"; that JONP comment reminded me of this.

• * Comment to post #72 by gio06.

* Progress on "Zener-like" phenomenology.

Dear gio06, I FULLY agree with Your interpretation, based on Ultra Dense Deuterium (UDD) model by Leif Holmlid (and Collaborators), of the revolutionary experiments of Yasuhiro Iwamura (and Collaborators), on Sr and Cs transmutation, made since 2000 at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Laboratories.

* BTW, also in our recent observation of "Zener-like" effects on surface-modified Constantan wires (as presented at the recent IWAHLM-12), after prolonged Deuterium absorbtion at high temperatures, suggests that some "proximity effect" could plain an important role.

Just to remember, the proximity effect plays a key role on general superconductivity effects, at any temperatures.

* I would like to share one of the most recent results (very preliminary!!) obtained with our "improved/modified" set up: now the "Zener-like" effect is more strong, in respect to that presented at IWAHLM-12, and it happened even under Xe-D2 atmosphere.

I.E., in order to detect the effect, it is not necessary anymore to work in closed air conditions that, after some cycles, self-destroy the effect. Recently, the effect INCREASES as time is lasting (several days), with the Constant wire (surface modified) kept at high temperatures (>500°C) by flowing large currents (about 2000 mA).

We are thinking even to some superconductivity-related effect, although the wire temperature (at measurement cycles of Zener-like effect) is really quite large (over 200°C) and superconducting effects are unlike, according to present theories.

Thanks for Your time,

Francesco CELANI

• * Comment to post #72 by gio06.

* Progress on "Zener-like" phenomenology.

My opinion on the Zener like effect in LENR as follows:

Superconductivity is just as or maybe even more controversial than LENR is. Who could imagine that a material could become superconducting at room temperature let alone at 3000K. But there are indicators in LENR experiments that point to superconductors partially forming at room temperature and even at higher temperatures.

For example, the electrical resistance of Celiani's wire goes down when its temperature rises. Also hydrogen loaded palladium becomes a room temperature superconductor when the hydrogen loading is high.

One of the factors that can be causing this drop in electrical resistance is the formation of islands of superconductivity that form in the lattice or the plasma that is producing the LENR effect.

Electrons could be jumping from island to island in their trip across the lattice. When the electron is moving past the LENR Island on its boundary, it gets a free ride but the resistance returns in its trip between islands.

Ultra-dense hydrogen has been found to be a room temperature superconductor and produces the messier effect. Highly loaded palladium could contain a high number of Ultra-dense hydrogen islands of superconductivity in a lattice.

Rossi’s plasma could contain a high number of LENR reaction generating superconducting nanowires (Ken Shoulders called them EVOs) that let electrons travel on them with no resistance.

I believe that Rossi adds vanadium oxide to his fuel mix as LENR reaction booster. This additive vaporizes at 3000K. In this way, this additive produces vanadium nanowires at 3000K when the vanadium condenses like rain drops in a cloud; the electric current jumps from nanowire to nanowire as they get a free ride across the plasma thereby reducing the electrical resistant to near zero.

This negation in electrical resistant produced by a hot research topic is sciences these days called non-equilibrium Bose-Einstein condensates, a state of matter produced in polaritons. The vanadium nanoparticles like most other transition metal nanowires carry polaritons on their surface.

See how quantum mechanics can generate this Bose condensate that can form at 3000K here.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1509.05264

• In order for the Sun to use metallic hydrogen in the production of solar heat, that metallic hydrogen must maintain its lattice form even when the temperature of the Sun reaches into the millions of degrees. How can such a process be happening?

The superconductive nature of metallic hydrogen must be protecting its lattice structure from any particles or radiation that solar activity can produce. A positive feedback loop that makes the metallic hydrogen superconductivity stronger as the outside environment becomes more energetic must be in place.

The missiner effect repels all particles and radiation from penetrating into the positively charged "Hole" core of the metallic hydrogen. There may be no limit to how strong that the superconductive shield can become so that the entire Sun can remain a liquid even down to the bottom of its very core.

The same protective superconductive mechanism must be how metallic water in cavitation can erode the most robust material including diamond and boron nitride.

• Superconductivity means Bose condensation must be occurring and for this condition to occur, a boson must be forming that condensate. Electrons cannot form a condensate. But electrons can be converted into a boson when these electrons become entangled with photons. This is what a polariton is, an electron that has been entangled with a photon. After this entanglement process, the electron loses almost all of its mass and its charge. but it still has spin. Anytime an electron is confined long enough for a photon to join with it, a polariton will form. This is why microcavities and tubercles are places where polaritons form. In those places, electrons and photons are combined together for a long enough time to form polaritons. This also happens on the surface of nanoparticles where dipoles hold onto electrons for long enough for sequestered photons to become entangled with the electrons in those dipoles.

Superconductivity at high temperatures is critical in supporting the LENR reaction and that is why polaritons and its condensate are KEY to the LENR reaction.

• Bose condensation and its ability to suppress radiation through super-absorption might make experimentation more difficult...here is why.

Quantum Mechanics teaches that distance does not matter in entanglement. Two things can be entangled even if separated by billions of kilometers. If an entangled (superconductive) process produces a muon that is still entangled by that process' subsequent reactions then the muon so catalyzed might also be constrained by the peculiarities of the LENR reaction. The energy produced by that subsequent reaction may follow the same path as the first reaction that produced the muon. This could be the reason why reactions produced in lead by the muon does not result in any activation involving radioactive isotopes.

If the experimenter cannot see any radiation or activation coming from muon generated secondary reactions, then it will be difficult to determine what is happening in these LENR experiments. The only evidence that can be counted on is the detection of transmutation in the lead shielding.

One idea that might work is using Xenon to detect transmutation spectroscopy. Xenon is the heaviest stable gas with an atomic weight of 118 that is more likely than most elements to interact with muons. Over time, if transmutation is occurring in the Xenon, then the spectral lines of the transmuted elements will show up in the light from the light produced by the xenon tube.

Furthermore, spectroscopy is very sensitive in the detection of elements.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.