David J. Nagel (Nucat) : Evidence of Operability and Utility from Low Energy Nuclear Reaction Experiments - Report

• Like Louis Reed often complains about; it is mostly "old stuff". Not that that makes it any less compelling, but even I would have to agree that more emphasis on recent times would be more motivating. Hopefully that omission is not due to a lack of anything worthy to report on?

Alas, that is the situation. Little has been published because there are only a few researchers left in the field, and they are elderly and unproductive. The others are retired or dead.

Alas, that is the situation. Little has been published because there are only a few researchers left in the field, and they are elderly and unproductive. The others are retired or dead.

Sad if true. So where is Kimmel's money, Gates' if he really did invest, Carl Page (same) and IH/Woodford ($50M) and the Chinese money all going to?

• Sad if true. So where is Kimmel's money, Gates' if he really did invest, Carl Page (same) and IH/Woodford ($50M) and the Chinese money all going to?

Kimmel's money is going to U. Missouri. Rumor has it that Gates contributed to the project at Texas Tech. There are young people at both places. I was very impressed by their knowledge & skill.

As I said, there are a few people working on the subject. You can see some of them in this photo, including me, keeping a low profile in back:

http://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?p=1474

• So if Shanahan is playing some kind of game on this forum like A Certain Author then that should be one of the criteria of trolling the mods should crack down on, to make " no hay pedo " if the mods "echarle mucha crema asus tacos". https://theculturetrip.com/nor…nt-make-sense-in-english/

• If you want me to add a title only to the database, without the paper, please provide all relevant fields for the EndNote record, which would probably be the following with optional fields in parenthesis:

I highly recommend the EndNote program. Anyone who has many academic papers to keep track of, or anyone who writes papers or books with a bibliography should use it. I believe they now offer a free version with limited capabilities, "EndNote Basic." I use the paid version X8.0.2.

You can learn about it here:

http://endnote.com/

Probably, somewhere in this site you can learn what fields I need to add an EndNote record of your paper to my database. You could even make life easy for me by creating records yourself and sending them to me in EndNote export format.

The EndNote program automatically keeps track of end notes (hence the name) or footnotes. It inserts them, deletes them and renumbers them. If you insert the same reference twice, it reuses the number. Within the text it can reference them in square brackets or superscript numbers. It can format the end notes in a huge variety of different formats specified by publishers. This paper shows an example of EndNote notes at the end:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJcoldfusionb.pdf

• The quickest look shows a) no references to my work and b) references from 2016.

What this means is that this document is another 'true believer' product. No consideration of extant non-nuclear alternatives.

This implies to me it is just a rehash of what has already been discussed here and elsewhere. If someone reads it and thinks that my initial impression is wrong, please correct me.

Kirk there is nothing wrong with a true believer it just matters if they are practicing science. He is doing both and you know it. I just want the science nothing more. If it is not there then it will not be. If there is something there then we are meant to study it.

• Kirk there is nothing wrong with a true believer it just matters if they are practicing science. He is doing both and you know it. I just want the science nothing more. If it is not there then it will not be. If there is something there then we are meant to study it.

One of the hard things about doing science is taking criticism. When you just ignore some that is offered up in standard fashion (i.e. via a publication) you are not doing science. This is the problem with 'true believers' or 'pathological believers', they can't allow themselves to consider any negative criticism.

• Kirk there is nothing wrong with a true believer it just matters if they are practicing science. He is doing both and you know it. I just want the science nothing more. If it is not there then it will not be. If there is something there then we are meant to study it.

Let me make Kirk's point a different way. Data or theory from a scientist who is a true believer is inevitably of much less value, and less trustworthy than the same from one who is more self-critical. And data from a single scientist, however trustworthy, is not considered good enough to make new theory look plausible.

• Please allow me make to restate my point a different way. I agree with you both. But am saying it is not his belief system that counts BUT it's his scientific method. I find with CF it is not about theory but if the effect is real at all. I no longer believe in Ni but still in Pd. But you see - it is a belief so I keep an open mind. Subtle but a difference.

• I thought I would post another link below on the EM drive which is something else non-related to LENR that I follow. This field is also getting Rossi-like (I get that point do you see?) but that there are real people that have very real skillsets working on it. Not that it works but in a way it is a vehicle for information.

Dr. Nagel is an earnest man and he is following the method required.

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/…r-claims.html#more-135473

I also used to have some belief in this (EMdrive) but no longer but I will be damned if I close my mind off to scientific method. In fact I learned some of these things from you both as naive as I am. Claims are one thing.

• Please allow me make to restate my point a different way. I agree with you both. But am saying it is not his belief system that counts BUT it's his scientific method. I find with CF it is not about theory but if the effect is real at all. I no longer believe in Ni but still in Pd. But you see - it is a belief so I keep an open mind. Subtle but a difference.

True. But you might want to consider difference from what. Kirk would I'm sure say (with considerable evidence - he spent the time to look at this stuff) that he has an open mind.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.