Ed Storms: Ruby Carat Video On The Hydrotron

• Official Post

For Colf Fusion Now, Ruby Carat, published this video on Edmund Storm theory of Hydroton...

Some context information on LENR too, beside the theory.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Sorry Alan,

merged the threads!

Ruby published a post about that video on ColdFusion Now

http://coldfusionnow.org/edmun…n-a-model-of-cold-fusion/

Ruby Carat and the Cold Fusion Now! collective have released a new video documentary, this time tackling cold fusion theory with Edmund Storms HYDROTON A Model of Cold Fusion.

The 28-minute science special continues where the book The Explanation of Low Energy Nuclear Reaction left off. It features Dr. Edmund Storms describing his theory of the cold fusion/LENR reaction that focuses on the unusual form of hydrogen that can form in the nano-spaces of materials.

• A partial transcription of the on-screen captions appearing in the video.

• I found these excerpts interesting when put together:

Storms' idea of cold fusion/LENR however is limited to cracks forming in a material. What does he think about plasma-based experiments? If the same or similar processes occur in a plasma, then it means that the Hydroton (a form of metallic hydrogen as he says) can get created there too, which implies that it might be something less rare and unique than expected.

LENR occurs very seldom and it's difficult to duplicate. Therefore cold fusion must be something rare and unique. This says Nature really has only one way of doing LENR and unless you have the precise Nuclear Active Environment the reaction isn't going to happen.

• Official Post

about plasma experiments, I remember of Russian experiments, who are not pure plasma, but heterogeneous plasmoids with metal powder mixed in a plasma...

Note that many plasma experiments are using electrodes, where there is a metallic surface.

I'm quite convinced by the general ideas proposed by Ed, but the proposal of nanocracks, even if with good arguments, may be too precise, too premature.

More experiments may bring new ideas, as there are other candidates that Ed have rejected.

Vacancies are cited since long time, but Ed reject it because they are too frequent.

Maybe also some hybrid structures may be the NAE, like cracks connected to a vacancy (it make me think of a Helmholtz resonator), inspired by Hydroton + 4QD of Pr Takahashi...

There is a need for more experiments, and maybe they are underway...

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqntI4AAmOXn4EGD6gM9_3X8cC1meU-fGlYhNgOkHfuFZ95N2g9g

Polaritons are a mix of electrons and photons that are produced in cracks and bumps on the surface of a metal. It is this mixture of light and electrons that allows concentration of this spin only quasiparticles to aggregates to such a large and essentially unlimited extent that low energy nuclear reactions will occur.

Ed Storms once said that there was no way that electrons can axxumulate to such and extent to produce nuclear reactions. Ed Storms is wrong. The production of polaritons is how that accumulation can occur.

Ed Storms said:

Attempts have been made by various theoreticians to propose a mechanism to explain how the Coulomb barrier can be reduced within the PdD lattice. These models generally involve changing the energy or local concentration of electrons. Initiation of a nuclear reaction in ordinary materials by such processes is prevented by chemical effects, as is shown later in the paper.

• Official Post

Hi Alain, Ed Storms is testing a few of the hypotheses. In one test, they are trying to make the right-sized cracks that will create the reaction. If they can, we're in business. If not, then we are back to nowhere (cause I sure don't have a device).

Breakthrough please!

Hey is this my first post?!

Je suis femme qui travaille.

How do you find the time?

Paix et amour,

Ruby

• I address why cracks and pumps are important in LENR in this recent post:

LENR and UDH

• Official Post

Alfors, There are multiple theories. Unfortunately, we only need one. I'll take it from wherever it comes. But the fact is, it's been almost thirty years, and the "current" batch of theories has been getting nowhere in regards to determining experiments or engineering a technology. I don't see how it hurts to look at some fresh ideas.

Maryugo, I believe Sergio Focardi discerned that Rossi can indeed make heat. But like everybody else, he is unable to make a technology, and he doesn't work well with others. If he can get a technology by his own bootstraps, I wish him luck and I can't wait to buy one.

Axil, I am not a scientist and cannot say what is right, but I just let the scientists talk and let them figure it out. As I said before, my only desire is a technology - even as the science is still being worked out.

Hey Post #2!

Ruby

Maryugo, I believe Sergio Focardi discerned that Rossi can indeed make heat. But like everybody else, he is unable to make a technology, and he doesn't work well with others. If he can get a technology by his own bootstraps, I wish him luck and I can't wait to buy one.

Ruby, thanks for participating here. I didn't have much luck getting responses on your blog.

I am not sure I know what "unable to make a technology" means. Could you please expand on that a bit?

If Rossi knows he can't produce a working device, what did he sell to IH for $11 Million (and then asked for $89 more)?

Also, how do you know Rossi didn't fool Focardi (and Levi and the others)? Remember, he did not allow calibration for most of his tests and never allowed full range calibration at all. Absent calibration, how do we know Focardi was not fooled?

• Official Post

Hi Mary, I don't have a lot of time for chat, so I don't participate much on these boards.

"Unable to make a technology" means that LENR researchers are trying to engineer something without knowing exactly how it works, i.e., engineering a technology without fully understanding the science. This direction has not been successful, and the proof of that is we still have no device that operates yet.

I do not know what Rossi sold to IH, but it was supposedly the secret to make heat. IH was unsuccessful with the formula, so it is clear they did not get the full Monty.

I do not know if Rossi fooled Focardi. How could I?

Nevertheless, when an eminent scientist checks out a prototype for several years (since 2007 I believe) before publicly announcing it's reality (2011), I tend to believe them. What reason would I have to not accept what the expert says? Focardi had experience with these Ni-H systems since the inception of this field. If anyone would know what they were talking about, it would be him. Yes, I believe Rossi can make big heat based on Sergio Focardi's word. I only hope he, or someone, will make a technology.

Alfhors, Most of the systems that have been studied are Pd-D, and thus the majority of data is on these systems. Ni-H has much less published data, and other systems, virtually nill. Scientists will go where the data is, so I don't see how you can get "far away" from Pd-D if you want to find what is happening.

Hey! I'm starting a new job today, and the next 17 weeks I am jammed working. UGH.

I've got to make some more money to make another movie - this time one for the general public.

Let's try this: BREAKTHROUGH for the HOLIDAYS!

See you in December for The Party!

Ruby

Post #3

PS THANK YOU LENR-forum -Alain -David -Alan all of you who are keeping this board alive. You have an amazing resource here! I hope I can participate more in the future.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.