Mizuno : Publication of kW/COP2 excess heat results

• Kirkshanahan.

"Your attempts to turn my safety concerns into a joke aren't really appreciated "

Thinskinned human.

You are not MARY but KIRK.

My ridicule was addressed to her/him not you... unless you are one and the same.

There are 3 mg of deuterium in the reactor.

This is about the minimum you can use to get a measurable effect.

This reactor is safer than my homemade natto

"I am talking now about metal hydride beds with 15 kg of alloy"

I can't recall reading that Mizuno used that in this paper.

Lighten up, bro

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah, does make more sense to use the specific humidity... We are looking at mass flow after all.

Or to put it another way, I also need to consider the change density at inlet and outlet, if using absolute humidity figures.

I think this will change my calculated 19W maximum possible error (due to to a swing in air humidity) by about 10% - although I can't work out which direction it changes without a pen and paper.

In Mizuno's controlled situation the excess heat power is of the order of 50W

I thought 100W?

• Zeus45 said "I thought 100w"

Of the order of 10- 100W depending on the input, and how you define power.

Actually energy(MJ) ratio is what I use

DIY e.g Power input 248

Copy Fig 28. Into paint

Color it red and blue

Have some fun with pixels. upload to

http://www.geotests.net/couleurs/frequences_en.html I got red =121 blue=61(depends on your clipping)

I calculate average output power for the 30 ks is 327 KW

327-248= 79

XS average power = 79W..

Which is less dangerous than the 100W lightbulb in my natto incubator.

Xs Energy ratio is approximately 100%... COP 2??

depending on the input, and how you define power.

There are alternative definitions of "power" in physics experiments? Like alternative facts in politics, perhaps?

• Zeus45,

Although why 2000/3000?

that's the problem with average power.. is the input defined to be over 20000, 30000.??

I was wondering if you could check the xs energy for Figure 26 for an input of 8.25 MJ

Using average temp =28.1, Hc =1006J/kg/deg, density =1.17 kg/m3, flowrate = (3.87 m/s , area 4.4/1000 m2?)

I got 11.8 MJ output.. xs = 3.55

I do not think humidity and temp variations make a significant difference.

• RobertBryant,

My way of looking at it is 4.96MJ (or 61 units) of energy go in and 121 units of energy come out... So... 4.96*121/61 = 9.84MJ out

9.48MJ/30000s = 316W average power out

is the input defined to be over 20000, 30000.??

Maybe you could say 248*20000/30000 = 161W effective average power in

But It doesn't make much sense to me personally to compare the average powers if the time span is different... I'm not quite sure what it tells us that's more useful than looking at either the total energy or the instantaneous difference between POut and PIn.

I was wondering if you could check the xs energy for Figure 26 for an input of 8.25 MJ

Using average temp =28.1, Hc =1006J/kg/deg, density =1.17 kg/m3, flowrate = (3.87 m/s , area 4.4/1000 m2?)

Where does the 8.25MJ and average temp = 28.1 come from?

I do not think humidity and temp variations make a significant difference.

I agree.

• The 28.1 is a red herring, as to work out the average power output using Hc =1006J/kg/deg etc. you need to know average output temperature *minus* average input temperature.

But a faster way is just to say this would be proportional to the top yellow area, and compare that to the size to the control. (590/335)

So, as you say: 1.76x as much energy Out vs In

But because the time span is the same, I guess you could also say average COP is also = 1.76 over the whole experiment.

I got 11.8 MJ output.. xs = 3.55

8.25MJ x 1.76 = 14.5MJ output... xs = 6.25MJ ?

• Zeus 45". I'm not quite sure what it tells us that's more useful than looking at either the total energy or the instantaneous difference between POut and PIn"

Energy (MJ )ratios are more useful for me.

Currently the price here for me in NSW is 4.5 cents per Natural Gas Megajoule and 9.4 cents per Electricity Megajoule.

Mizuno knows that he has to get the COP way up over 300% for this thing to be attractive.

at 200% it is not even breakeven.

For the 248W case the electricity cost of 4.96 Megajoules in is 46.6 cents

The output heat energy of 9.8 MJ could be supplied by gas at 44.1 cents .

• Thanks.

The control/inactive input energy calculates as 7.15 MJ = (100Wx71.5ks)..it was run in for a slightly shorter time than for the active reactor.

The use of the average temp of 28.1 does account for some of the variation with density of the temperatures in and out

( there is not much Hc variation )

But the calculation is done much more accurately in the spreadsheet calculations, over 3485 time points, with the use of actual in/out temps in the enthalpy calcs

rather than average temperatures.

This is just a roughasguts way to look at how much Xs there is

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.