Mizuno : Publication of kW/COP2 excess heat results

• (So a little experiment here on my part...)

People keep talking about how wonderful Mizuno's results were, the ones that led IH to interact with him. I assume those are the ones in the preprint that started this thread off. OK, so you folks tell me what happened in the timestep data from the spreadsheet that Rothwell posted please (see attached)Timestep_XSH.pdf.

• @Bocjin

re this Mizuno result.

• It has not (to my knowledge) been successfully replicated by anyone (even Mizuno)
    • It has multiple failed attempted replications from IH, who say (with evidence taken under oath) that they pulled out all the stops, including checking in M's lab, checking in their lab with M's cooperation and a reactor from M, etc.
    • IH say there were issues with the (only) positive data
    • Shanahan (here) has raised questions about the positive data posted here, these have not been answered yet to my knowledge. I have not looked at this so do not know if they are substantive, but an issue with the data would be expected from what IH say M said about equipment change in the middle of the test.
    • Mizuno says that IH did the wrong thing replicating his stuff. Well, he would. They clearly pulled out every stop so he would have made this clear to them at the time, and if they did not correct things (as they say they did) it would be weird. This anecdotal excuse from Mizuno has therefore little weight, when compared with the negatives above.

If his reactors work, then surely he can demonstrate clear results. That he has not done so is relevant. pretty pictures and slides are not the point, clear replicable results are.

• THHuxleynew

"It is academic, because the IH replication failed. Still, I'd like to debug this. But not sure I have the motivation to spend long amts of time on it given the IH work."

You have had over 90 posts on this forum since this debug comment

plenty of time...indeed . .."long amts of time" but you have failed to debug Mizuno's report.

Please enlighten the forum when you succeed in your debugging.

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MizunoTpreprintob.pdf

Kia kaha... Kia toa ..Kia manawanui

• Official Post

MIZUNO-SAN YORI Fri 29/09/2017 3:57 PM

Dear Bryant Thank you sent me important information.

I did not know this trial record. However, Joe's remarks are quite different from what I was thinking. One of them have confirmed my over-unity data. It was confirmed in my reactor that no excess heat was generated in the calibration test, and heat is not generated in the helium test. It is data when examining by changing all of the measuring system of the whole equipment by them. I have sent the reactor to IH NC. However, It was left for six months. Furthermore, I carefully explained the fact that It must first heat up the impure gas from the wall of the nickel or reactor and then it can be heated. But they first heated up. It was near 350 degrees. In this case, the oxide or nitride on the nickel surface is very tightly connected, and it can not be activated afterwards. In that state I finally went. The activation process was not possible at that time. Moreover, I had only two days.
    They never allowed excess heat generation. At that time I know that they are in trial with Rossi. I estimate that if they confirmed the excess heat, then the fact affect the trial with Rossi.

all my bests,

Tadahiko

Thank you bocjin. That is why I like this place. Mizuno's comment: "if they had confirmed the excess heat, then the fact affect affect the trial with Rossi" will surely reignite the anti-IH crowd. They always felt IH was suppressing positive results. This lends support to that conspiracy theory, as it is "straight from the horses mouth" so to speak.

It should be noted though, that Murray continues to work for IH and was recently listed along with Dennis Letts on a patent application. There is probably some room for both gaijin :) Murray and Mizuno to be right on this. There may have been some excess heat observed, but not enough to satisfy Murray. In a similar situation, IH's engineer Dameron also testified to a small gain of 1.3, but considered it a one off. Although, much later on he sent an email to Boeing's Jamie Childress that he saw something interesting.

Both good men, and both like I said, may be right. I am such a politician!

• THHuxley "re this Mizuno result"

Testimony

Testifier/Date

“Dr. Mizuno is a really good man and I was fortunate enough to have been able to develop a friendship with him over the last 3 years. It is true that we were not able to replicate or confirm his findings but that is not conclusive regarding his present…"

Dewey Weaver

Aug 24th 2017

"and I should note,·you know, he's a, he's a wonderful person,"

Joseph Alan Murray,

February 17, 2017

"Mizuno says that IH did the wrong thing replicating his stuff. Well, he would.

This anecdotal excuse from Mizuno has therefore little weight"

THHuxleynew

Sept 29/2017

Judge not, that ye be not judged. Matthew 7:1-3

• Shane D, "Both good men, and both like I said, may be right. I am such a politician!"

6. Honor 名誉

There is hardly a more profound concept in Bushido than honor. The Samurai lived and died by their honor, with haragiri (seppuku) being the final way of preserving lost honor. Fortunately, killing yourself by cutting your gut open is not allowed in most modernized countries (and definitely not Japan). Still, though, there is a great deal that can be learned from Samurai-esque honor. He was born and bred to value the duties and privileges of his profession. Fear of disgrace hung like a sword over the head of every samurai … To take offense at slight provocation was ridiculed as ‘short-tempered.’ As the popular adage put it: ‘True patience means bearing the unbearable.’

The standard of good may be different in Japan and Raleigh.

but in my house it is

Galatians 5:22-235:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 5:23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

• Official Post

One of my all time favorite movies was "Last Samuri" with Tom Cruise. I have watched it about 5 times, which along with loving the Godzilla series, makes me somewhat of an expert on their culture. :)

Good thing their scientists do not take offense when questioned like their warriors do. That would make Japanese research and development quite a blood bath. Last man standing would be right were that the case.

• Huhn?!?!?!?!

Anyway:

Nonsense! How would that possibly "affect the trial with Rossi?" Because there can't be TWO people at the same time who have a way to do LENR? So if Mizuno's kludges work, Rossi's don't by inference? WHAT exactly? Did we lose it in translation?

RobertBryant

Judge not that ye not be judged...

I have some great responses to this but I defer to our hosts' request to omit religion and religious reference. You should too.

• Jed, it's not just me that's dissatisfied with the evidence for sustained credible high power LENR.

Indeed. Many people are dissatisfied by it. But all the ones I have communicated with resemble you in that they don't know what they are talking about. Like you, they make gigantic mistakes such as saying that 6 seconds is no different from 3 hours. So, their dissatisfaction, and yours, have no rational basis.

None of these dissatisfied people have written a paper describing valid scientific reasons to doubt the results. So I assume they have no reasons.

• Shane D wrote " One of my all time favorite movies was "Last Samurai" with Tom Cruise"

Many of my friends in the Auckland Japanese Church were extras..around 2001

http://business.taranaki.info/…t.php/page/charlie-s-tour

Apparently North Carolina was foregone in favour of Taranaki.

I think Mizuno is more of farmer than a samurai... but honor is still central

"My main research can be say neutron emission, my first paper was the weak neutron emission

during electrolysis in heavy water solution using Pd material in closed cell.

The result was published in DENKI KAGAKU (actually elector-chemical society in Japan) 57, No.7, 1989.

I am sending you the paper. After that I concentrated my effort to generate the neutron and measuring them. However, the study was so difficult. And I change so many condition to produce them for more than 20 years.

Finally, I can generate so much emission, and I have the patent. However,

I was very anxious that some one use the technology something worth purpose.

Then I windrow every patent and idea. Now no one knows the fine and exact techniques.

If you have interesting in the results I will send you somethings. All my bests,

Tadahiko Mizuno"

• Alan Smith wrote "Skilled experimenter put on the scrapheap."

Joe has set up a husband and wife company -0base design.

It has a blog

http://0basedesign.com/blog/

I informed Joe via this blog as well as

[email protected]

[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] .

For the peanuts he was paid by IH joe certainly had a lot to say.

"A.· So we had a group of, I don't know, five or

six engineers that were working at the company.· And as·effective the end of October, they gave all of the·engineers a severance package and released us, paying us·through the end of the year.· And then subsequently we·had to agree to support their ongoing activities, as-needed basis for pay if needed.

Q.· Have you provided any services to IH after October 2016?

A Yeah.· Obligated to from October through December, and I did I would say very little.· And then in January there were a few questions, and then this··month in preparation for the deposition there were a lot··more questions.

Q.· Okay.· What was the amount of your severance··package?

A.· It was pay and benefits through the end of··the year, so for November and December.· It did not··include any leave on the books.· That was just terminated.

Q.· · The question was how much.

A.· · How much money?

Q.· · Yes.

A.· · I, I don't know, two months worth of salary.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.