Mizuno : Publication of kW/COP2 excess heat results

• Official Post

This IH plan is not a fruitful business model, in fact it is not a business model at all, it is more of a 'whistle and hope' *scheme.

Alan,

I don't know about that. IH invests in those they feel have made the best inroads. Dewey attends all the LENR events, hanging around the buffet table, and free wine bar, looking for the most promising leads. That sounds like a business plan to me. Yes, sure there is a little hope in there, but what business, especially an upstart, or in particular one LENR related, does not?

As far as I know they do not do their own R/D, which is probably for the best. Jed says there is a 1 year spool up time, and even then a newcomer may not be successful.

• Coolescence seemed to have some pretty capable folks, and they didn't sort it out after a decade (?) looking into it. (One wonders why established LENR researchers did not make more of an effort to help them out, or, in the case of those collaborations that occurred, why they failed.)

• 'The problems with replications of unknowns

"Replication based on the original description requires careful preparation."

"wisely understood that the published description of our original experiment might well omit some of the detailed minutia required for accurate replication. Therefore, before any experiment was conducted, numerous efforts and conversations were devoted to clarifying and delineating experimental parameters, all in a careful attempt to faithfully replicate our original work."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3278910/

Unfortunately the article references Donald Rumsfeld..who has many talents..and is possibly

a lesser known architect of the "Twin Towers"

• Official Post

Coolescence seemed to have some pretty capable folks, and they didn't sort it out after a decade (?) looking into it. (One wonders why established LENR researchers did not make more of an effort to help them out, or, in the case of those collaborations that occurred, why they failed.)

Maybe it takes a large, cross discipline team like NASA employed in their recent experiment? It seems every step on the road to success requires an expertise, and skill set that a small team can not afford. Of course, there are the one-offs, the incompetents, and the fickleness in even perfect conditions, that complicate things.

Very complex, but then again, even Bohr could not fill in all the missing pieces in building his atom and electron shell. He needed others help, as LENR does today. But to be honest, I do not think anyone on the LENR scene since Schwinger, has the brain power to put it all together. That does not mean it won't get done, but that it will take a lot longer to do so.

• Official Post

As far as I know they do not do their own R/D, which is probably for the best. Jed says there is a 1 year spool up time, and even then a newcomer may not be successful.

Not quite what was originally claimed - there was supposed to be a 20,0002 ft research center in Cary, NC. Perhaps that was just an 'IH says'.

https://www.bizjournals.com/tr…at-lab-space-cary-nc.html

• Official Post

Not quite what was originally claimed - there was supposed to be a 20,0002 ft research center in Cary, NC. Perhaps that was just an 'IH says'.

Alan,

Oh yes, I do remember that! I asked around the LENR circuit many a time about it. Even asked Dewey,, who ignored me like he usually does. So I suppose it did not happen, which supports what I said, that: "IH does not do their own R/D". Makes sense, as you just can not hide such a lab that large.

• Not quite what was originally claimed - there was supposed to be a 20,0002 ft research center in Cary, NC. Perhaps that was just an 'IH says'.

https://www.bizjournals.com/tr…at-lab-space-cary-nc.html

Well it certainly was an "IH says"... but when IH said something, it appears to have been true based upon the documents I read, unlike Rossi, which almost never seems to have told the truth.

I am sure Rossi's current "Team" is a number of highly respected scientist! (Or perhaps some more day laborers that he picked up at Home Depot?)

I am sure Rossi's current "partner" is an actual company with good credentials! (Or perhaps it is JMP? )

I am sure Rossi's "factory" is a well equipped industrial facility! (Or did he change the placard on the door at the Doral facility?)

and I could go on..... X/

The RD center was announced at a time where "things were looking good" between Rossi and IH. I am speculating, just like you and others here, that IH probably thought the eCat might be the "real deal" at the time (due to Rossi's slight of testing tricks) and were setting up a center to refine the technology. Is this R&D? A term means one thing to some and completely different to others. I worked in an R&D lab for 5 years. We never once had a project of developing something completely new. It was 100% improvement or refinement. Still, it was R&D as in Research and DEVELOPMENT. It was stated there was a 20,000 sqft facility. I am sure there was. Was it ever equipped with apparatus to further develop the eCat? Probably not, because the eCat turned out to be a sham! This does not make IH untruthful in anyway.

It still amazes me that some people still like to throw barbs at IH. They gave his Lordship (Rossi) $11,000,000 MILLION and every opportunity to produce. What did Rossi do? Doral! And yet some still blame IH!

IH made a good faith effort and put their money where their mouth was. What has Rossi done for anyone????? Lie, deceive, misdirect and fail to produce anything.

In May of 2016, Rossi stated he had a QuarkX customer and that tests were going on. That he would produce the test results in June 2016. People waited anxiously!

Rossi was true to his word. In June 2016, he posted the most reliable, rock solid test of the QuarkX possible........... a blurry blue photo! People went wild. :/

Under oath in the depositions, Rossi admitted he had no new customer, no new partner. He lied as usual.

Why do people believe he has a real customer now? Why do people hope that this new "test" will be any different than the blurry blue photo? Why do people still.....

Any good news from REAL researches such as Bob Higgins? That is were we should be lending support and efforts to! :thumbup:

• Mizuno says that IH did the wrong thing replicating his stuff. Well, he would. They clearly pulled out every stop so he would have made this clear to them at the time, and if they did not correct things (as they say they did) it would be weird. This anecdotal excuse from Mizuno has therefore little weight, when compared with the negatives above.

Yes, this is exactly the kind of excuse making that enables some people to keep going down blind alleys for many years. When people get negative results and then suddenly get supposedly positive results, they need to be able to integrate the null results into their narrative. In other words, you need to explain what went on with the null results and why you think this is different. As it is, it just looks like more false positives.

It makes me think of Celani, whose results were resoundingly refuted by research at SKINR. It truly was a nice series of studies and paper. Subsequently, Celani comes out with an even better wire with no mention of those null results as far as I can tell.

In order to do this research correctly, you really need to care much less about getting positive results than you do about accurate results. It is hard to do with something that you think has the potential to change the world. The researcher needs to be incredibly skeptical of all positive results and do everything possible to disprove it including listening to the most ardent skeptics.

• Of course Rossi has not spent $10 million on LENR research..cons and condo's are a better bet.

Mizuno may have spent $500,000? venture capital is not so easy in Japan

Nothing in comparison to the great European folly ITER...$20,000,000,000...still adding zeroes and years.

I am sure Rossi's "factory" is a well equipped industrial facility! (Or did he change the placard on the door at the Doral facility?)

For the ultimate precision required for the QuarkX, one can assume he has returned to the same extreme quality ISO 9001 certified tool kit that he used to assemble high tolerance steam temp ecats in 2011;

DSC_0039-_E-_Cat-_Plumbers-_Tools.jpg

• New Russian paper...supports

less neutron and tritium production during D-D fusion because of alternative reaction being favoured by lattice.

Perhaps this is what is happening in Mizuno's nickel lattice..aneutronic fusion?

Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions in Crystal Structures

A. V. Bagulya, O. D. Dalkarov, M. A. Negodaev, and A. S. Rusetskii*

Lebedev Physical Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 119991 Russia

*e-mail: [email protected]

ISSN 1063-7796, Physics of Particles and Nuclei, 2017, Vol. 48, No. 5, pp. 691–697. Pleiades Publishing, Ltd., 2017.

• lenrisnotreal wrote "The total amount of byproducts for the full experiment and the instantaneous rate of production of byproducts at any time"

There seems to have been some measurements within the constraints of sparrows tears

Looks familiar to my chemical engineering experience back in the day.

However we await the next report which is happening within the constraints of crows feet.

lenr-forum.com/attachment/3274/

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.