November Demo predictions

• Haha, well said! I should add that the Oct 2011 test was with the 1MW plant, that only ran at half power (500 kw), and had a 500 kw generator plugged in and running the whole time.

Who knows, maybe he will use that same generator for the QX test. :)

Don't forget the October 2011 condenser "steam" leaving the blue container in twin pipes, going into the twin fan-cooled condensers, then exiting the condensers as water, and without steam pressure (steam at atmospheric pressure, maybe even causing a vacuum as it condenses) or pumps, flowing from the condensers for several meters and then up into the reservoir to a level almost as high as the top of the condensers, (supposedly) without ending up with the condensers full of water to the same level that the water enters the reservoir (against gravity to about a metre above ground level).

2411-e48-image-bologna-2011-jpg

2412-bologna-2011-condensate-jpg

• About the October 2011 Rossifiction "demo"... everything "forty-two" wrote plus the fact that the demo device was powered by a gigantiferous Diesel generator which ran noisily throughout the entire performance. The "data" were provided by Rossi's stooge, scrawled in hand writing on a dirty piece of paper. That's Rossi's version of high tech. At least Steorn's fake gadgets looked classy.

ETA: sorry Shane, I wrote that before I read yours saying the same and written ahead of mine...

I predict that there will be an element of willful shoddiness to the upcoming QuarkX demo, going beyond the minimum needed to make it hard or impossible to verify any claims that are made. These demos seem to have become a game for Rossi, perhaps to see how people react.

No, Eric. The purpose of the increasingly stupid demos is to sort out the potential investors by level of gullibility. At this point, Rossi wants only the dumbest ones. That's exactly what Nigerian scammers do and that accounts for why their phishing emails telling people they have been awarded millions of dollars are so silly. They don't want smart people! Here's a better explanation:

http://nationalpost.com/news/e…people-to-respond-to-them

Convenient list of self styled experts who believe they have a crystal ball that shows them the future.

No, Adrian. Unlike some people here, critics and skeptics learn from experience. And nothing but the rankest and foulest BS has ever emanated from Rossi. Only the very most extremely super-gullible individual would think that this could change at this point.

Even if quark reactor the size of a wallet after running for month in SSM leaves the branding burn mark on a sceptics' skin, they will accuse Rossi in finding elaborate and fake way to do that.

Complete nonsense, Max. Come and bring that crappolla **after** Rossi actually produces more energy than he consumes in a transparent, credible manner, with proper verification by competent scientists. Your argument is idiocy in TWO ways. First, the claim itself is pure sophistry. More important and convincing, if Rossi really had something and proved it, nobody would give a flying f*ck what skeptics thought. Ever think about that?

• @AA -no crystal ball needed to understand.

What is you vision from today's perspective, knowing (or maybe not?) what happened with all these Rossi presentations or product announcement in the past? Any product on the market? Or just hot air (not even hot steam I guess...) ? Oh I forgot the dozen of sold 1MW plants, may be you can help us find out where these cats are working with their satisfied customers....

You can't single out Rossi out of huge number of scientists potentially running scams in even more sophisticated way. It will continue in such a way until we stop having two physicists having 3 different explanations for same event.

Do you know anybody who experienced time dilution for instance i.e. both of those twins?

How many other things you can detect with a sensitive interferometer like LIGO, maybe one day they actually catch ether wind and we return to the base we were 100 years ago?

Let's not go for this argument.

Please give Rossi at least one thing. For what he has done and has not, he inspired many people to start looking into LENR, oftentimes called 'Rossi effect' in a good meaning.

A collection of nonsense. The first paragraph is meaningless. As for the "Rossi effect," what it has done is made investors extremely cautious and reluctant to invest in LENR research lest they suffer the same fate as Darden, Vaughn and IH -- you seem to forget, Max, that they were rudely cheated out of $11 million in up front cash and perhaps another $5 million or more in legal bills. For all of that, they got tons of aggravation, time lost from other projects, and then they ended up having to let go qualified staff scientists and engineers. That was truly a Rossi success, wasn't it, Max? And the only thing they learned about LENR was that it seems to be a good vehicle for launching scams. They should have gotten an advance lesson out of Defkalion on that score.

• Predictions:

- We will first learn that according to the agreement with IH, Dewey has accepted to be the MC for the november presentation. He cracks a few jokes about whether Rossi is a planet or should it be reclassified as a dwarf planet.

- A hologram of P and F shows up, but the power flickers and runs out. "This was the something new I was mentioning" - claim Rossi as he does some percussive maintenance

- The entire IH crew will dance around like opera ballet etoiles chanting "stellar, stellar". Investors are convinced.

- Mary Yugo finally reveals herself. It's not what you expected but everyone is happy and accepting. "I told you so!" - says Axil

- Some banker from India locks up the factory. Fortunately it turns out Bob Greenyer brought his bolt cutters and manages to get everyone out. We see him trying to deactivate the e-cat device with his homemade muon detector, then run away followed by a series of CGI explosions.

- Everyone meets up at the local bar, for a demo of the latest pinball machine. Developed by a Swedish university.

The end

• Rossi will produce a demo that will show what he wants to show. The job of the cynics is to come up with an explanation of the deceptions that Rossi has invented. Rossi will not show anything that his competition can used to move their research forward.

The calorimeter error arguments should be dusted off and gotten ready for another dance on the stage. There is the wet steam gambit that might be worth a try. The hidden wire is going to be a hot one since the demo will show a few milliwatts of input energy and a huge amount of heat production due to a COP in the 2000s. I don't think that the measurement error argument will work since the COP will be far to high.

Y'all need to go back over those millions of old posts to refresh your memories in preparation for the big demo. This could be the last one before product manufacture...time is short...so get prepared...we can't let this scam gain more life than it already has.

• Rossi will produce a demo that will show what he wants to show. The job of the cynics is to come up with an explanation of the deceptions that Rossi has invented. Rossi will not show anything that his competition can used to move their research forward.

The calorimeter error arguments should be dusted off and gotten ready for another dance on the stage. There is the wet steam gambit that might be worth a try. The hidden wire is going to be a hot one since the demo will show a few milliwatts of input energy and a huge amount of heat production due to a COP in the 2000s. I don't think that the measurement error argument will work since the COP will be far to high.

Y'all need to go back over those millions of old posts to refresh your memories in preparation for the big demo. This could be the last one before product manufacture...time is short...so get prepared...we can't let this scam gain more life than it already has.

the hidden wire is going to be a hot one....

The place to look for a hidden wire is in the steam pipe with a ground through the plumbing.

• Official Post

Well, you can kiss that demo goodbye, and the inevitable follow-up Arxiv report. From Mats Lewan:

"I have been talking to Gullström and will provide a post on that when I have time. He has no detailed verification of the measurements. He's not working on his PhD at the moment, for private reasons. Bo Höistad is not his supervisor.

But my impression is that he's is intelligent and has a profound theoretic understanding of quantum mechanics, and that he is using all his knowledge and intellectual capacity to investigate the very borders of our understanding of some crucial elementary particles. Yet, what he is lacking are more experimental data."

• Rossi was wise enough to move on from the fusion based theories of Cook to Gullstrom because the theories that Cook was pushing were incompatible with the dusty plasma LENR reaction. I was surprised when I read Gullstrom's theory. it was advanced and surprisingly accurate and it has many points of theory correct. Specifically, the use of magnetism as the active agent in the LENR reaction and the role of sub atomic particles such as mesons are as active in how LENR works. I am surprised that Rossi has accepted these new ideas and have embraced them even though he might not completely understand them.

Gullstrom must have taken Rossi aside and patiently explain to him how the confidential experimental evidence that was in Rossi control supported the new theory and how it diminished the stuff that Cook pushed. This shows me that Rossi has an open mind and he recognized how a valid LENR theory is supportive of his commercial objectives. Gullstrom is also trusted to keep those proprietary secrets confidential even though Rossi allowed for that theory to be published and available to the general public. I also beleive that Gullstrom has been designated as Rossi's backup just in case something happens to Rossi that puts Rossi's goals in jeopardy. This is a great honor and responsibility for Gullstrom as the heir apparent to the Rossi legacy.

Rossi might have judged that the professional LENR community is still bogged down in the Fusion illusion and would not accept the new Rossi theory as valid in any way. This shows how politically astute that Rossi is.

Those professional LENRests hate Rossi so much that they will not beleive anything that he says even though these revelations are the absolutely true.

Look to the open source community for fair evaluations of the Rossi situation.

• My predictions:

1) oldguy will be shown to be wrong in his prediction. The November demo will happen.

2) The demo will raise Rossi's profile generally. This is the purpose of it.

3) The new partner that apparently is now backing Rossi will not be revealed.

4) The Rossi-haters will remain Rossi-haters, and will even amp up their hatred after the demo.

5) The fence-sitters will remain fence-sitters, and will sit even more firmly on the fence after the demo.

6) The Rossi-supporters will remain Rossi-supporters, and will even support him more after the demo.

7) Chatter about a rebooted New Energy Symposium with a live Rossi demo will begin to circulate among the ECW community.

8) LENR-FORUM will continue to be a bastion of anti-Rossi sentiment, which will surge after the demo.

2018 prediction:

The identity of at least one customer will be revealed before the end of 2018. The customer will not be Rossi in disguised form. :)

Edit: for some reason my "8)" is auto-converted to a smiley guy with shades. I'll just leave it at that.

This is, as you well know, arse over tits.

It is of course Rossi's job disclose convincing evidence of a novel discovery if he wants others to think he is for real.

If as you suggest he does not want this, then he need not do this. However that is the scammer's excuse "I know it looks like I'm a scammer - but, hey, if I made it look convincing they'd come and get me". No sensible person is likely to believe Rossi's stuff works on that basis.

As for the skeptics (not, I think, cynics) who put effort into giving feedback on these many demos. It is, for me at least, sometimes fun. Not a job. And the response of the ECW acolytes, less fun, but an interesting study in the psychology of belief against all the odds.

THH

• It is of course Rossi's job disclose convincing evidence of a novel discovery if he wants others to think he is for real.

If as you suggest he does not want this, then he need not do this.

Exactly right. He need not do this, and there is no point to doing it. It serves no purpose. Except, perhaps . . . to attract more gullible people he can defraud.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.