ICCF-20 Papers Uploaded.

• That's OK, Eric. I was a bit behind the times. Apparently, McKubre did wander off to New Zealand. I don't know much about Tanzella except that a brief search suggests he is one of "the usual suspects" of LENR. We will eventually see if Brillouin has anything of note. From the general lack of transparency and class exhibited by Godes and George over the past several years, and from the decreasing impressiveness of the claims with time, I think it is highly improbable that they do.

Just for giggles, McKubre's last run in with Krivit:

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/s…Kubre-Experiment-M4.shtml

Based on watching the two casually over several years, I would tend to believe Krivit.

I don't know much about Tanzella except that a brief search suggests he is one of "the usual suspects" of LENR.

You don't know much about Tanzella... Quelle surprise. Although nothing like a nice circular argument to burnish your pathoskeptical credentials, eh?

• OK.

So why exactly do you think Tanzella is one of the "usual suspects"? Because he does LENR research?... A fact that you only gleaned from an Internet search made a few hours ago?

(Maybe try referring to Tanzella somewhere in your answer this time).

Describing him as such is clearly an attempt to dismiss any and all of his work - Despite the obvious truth that you have never bothered to read any of it.

...Pure knee-jerk "skepticism" and completely in keeping with your usual pathological tendencies.

• Official Post

From the general lack of transparency and class exhibited by Godes and George over the past several years, and from the decreasing impressiveness of the claims with time, I think it is highly improbable that they do.

Mary,

I don't know what you are talking about. You seem to be lumping Godes and George in with the likes of Rossi and Defkalion, but I have never seen anything that would indicate they are anything but an honest inventor, and businessman who think they are onto something. Unlike Rossi, they have a team working on the project, and a solid oversight board which makes scamming very difficult.

On top of that, they do have independent verification supporting their technology. And you seem to be confusing SRI as a player in the NiH race for commercialization, but they are a testing agency BEC contracted out to vet their reactor core/RF system.

Now, I do agree with you that their COP claims have been going in the wrong direction, so Godes is guilty of exaggeration I suppose. But it is still overunity, and that counts for something. So far, BEC has checked all the blocks any legitimate company would be expected to check.

• Technova-Kobe alloys suggest some over-unity too..sometimes

Y. Iwamura et al. / Journal of Condensed Matter Nuclear Science 24 (2017) 191–201

" The peak ratios of excess heat to input power were

about 4% and 5% for 80 and 134 W heat generation"

• I looked at his bibliography and coauthors. For example: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Francis_Tanzella Yup. Usual suspect.

Shane D.

I guess we will play the usual game of wait ... and wait ... and wait and see... nothing.... for a few more years before they fade out. I can't put a finger on it but Godes and George are singularly unimpressive when they speak. And they sure as hell don't bother to proofread worth a damn. Ah well... Anyone know where their money comes from?

• Official Post

I looked at his bibliography and coauthors. For example: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Francis_Tanzella Yup. Usual suspect.

Why don't you spell it out. You have just alluded to the guy being a crook, or dishonest like Rossi/DGT, so the least you could do is say what it is in your link that leads you to conclude he is a "usual suspect". All I see in there is a good resume.

• Looks like Tanzella's team has stamina.

" We went for ~18 months after achieving a 4X result with zero excess heat"

"When we saw that a build was producing some reaction heat we paused and worked with those two cores for several months."

"Then we built two more and made sure they also performed the same"

Currently as of 2016-10-03

Project

We are completing the engineering physics required to turn CECR in to a true technology. We went for ~18 months after achieving a 4X result with zero excess heat. The original 4X core had a 10 line specification. That has now grown to more than 60 lines. When we saw that a build was producing some reaction heat we paused and worked with those two cores for several months. Then we built two more and made sure they also performed the same. The second two cores used fresh materials from all the vendors but with the same detailed specifications on starting materials, preprocessing, surface finish and post processing for each layer. We are now starting to tweak those specifications to move the neutron production rate to commercial levels of heat production. "

• Official Post

You know Mary, those in LENR need a place where they can communicate with each other. McKubre talked again in his ICCF20 address about how vital it is for the field to open up to each other. He kept saying over and over...TALK TO EACH OTHER.

And what better place than LF for that? And they have been coming here. Not many, but some of the big names like Storms, Celani, Ahern, Nobelist Josephson, MFMPers,. Lots of other less prominent ones. Even BEC has been here at least 2 times that I know of. A tentative step here and there, testing out the waters. Unfortunately, with you teeing off on them with reckless abandon, questioning their integrity, making them feel unwelcome, they will simply retreat back to their isolation

• Quote from Shane D.

Why don't you spell it out. You have just alluded to the guy being a crook, or dishonest like Rossi/DGT, so the least you could do is say what it is in your link that leads you to conclude he is a "usual suspect".

He did just spell it out! He saw that Tanzella co-authored some LENR papers with other LENR researchers, hence he is not to be trusted, therefore there is no need to investigate any of his work further. As I said before: circular reasoning at its finest.

Surely you understand how Mary's mind works after all this time Shane? - It's highly likely that because Tanzella has written some papers with McKubre, and because McKubre mentioned the Papp engine once, both of them are morons/scammers/dupes/wrong in Mary's view.

...Anything to avoid actually becoming informed about the work he attempts to discuss/dismiss, eh?

• Official Post

Surely you understand how Mary's mind works after all this time Shane?

Zeus,

Come now, did you not know I have a degree in Maryiology? :) MY and I have been at this 6 years now. We were first introduced to each other on the DGT forum, where I was "Aviator", and he was...well MY. It went on from there to ECN's, which due to his excessive Rum intake, he never figured out who I was even after replying to me about 1,000 times (no exaggeration). But to his credit, he does know who I am now.

I try to be polite, and not take anything involving LENR personal. Easy to do since I am just some guy on the internet. Were I one of the LENR players though, a researcher perhaps, and Marysaid...well, I would be a different creature.

Why don't you spell it out. You have just alluded to the guy being a crook, or dishonest like Rossi/DGT, so the least you could do is say what it is in your link that leads you to conclude he is a "usual suspect". All I see in there is a good resume.

Shane D. (Zeus isn't worth the bother to address)

You missed the point completely. I never said or even hinted that there was anything crooked about Tanzella or, for that matter, SRI. (Krivit, it has to be noted, DID have some honesty issues with McKubre as per the link I provided but I know nothing about that issue).

Nor is "dishonest" what I mean by the usual suspects. In the original allusion to "usual suspects" (the movie Casablanca) the "usual suspects" were not necessarily guilty. It's a tongue in cheek reference to the usual people who frequent LENR meetings and conduct LENR experiments, perfectly honest and legitimate ones, even if error prone. I even wrote previously who some of these people are, in my estimation. In no way was I suggesting they are either dishonest or in any way like Rossi or Defkalion. Phew. I hope that's clear! Tanzella is a usual suspect in that he attends to the "usual" experiments... isoperibolic calorimetry, elaborate setups with unclear results, a lack of independent replication, CR34 tracks equaling neutrons (arguable) and a general belief that LENR is a proven fact at significant power levels. Once again, "usual suspects" does NOT imply dishonesty. Nor did it in the Casablanca film. In that instance, the usual suspects were the usual scapegoats. Sort of like "skeptopaths" are around here. It's a convenient way to refer to believers.

Brillouin does seem increasingly shady to me because they follow the usual free energy scam progression -- extravagant and unsupported claims to "Great Things" while displaying ever smaller results with time rather than significant performance improvements. But that is an "impression." I am not convinced what they are one way or another. I am pretty sure they do NOT have what they claim and that they are NOT on the cusp of making as they suggest, industrial scale boilers using LENR power. But so far, they are not clear cut con men like Rossi and Defkalion. Not yet, anyway, LOL.

• Miles still walking the extra miles. They are unpopular miles.

M.H. Miles / Journal of Condensed Matter Nuclear Science 24 (2017) 1–14

Dr Miles is still persisting with the wet electrolytic method.

"These calorimetric equations modified for heat transfer by conduction accurately describes the calorimetric experimental behavior of this
    Pd/D2O+0.1 M KNO3 experiment. This experiment showed that normal amounts of excess power (3.65 W/cm3) can
    be obtained in a lithium-free electrolyte for the Pd/D2O electrolysis system.

Acknowledgements

This work was supported from an anonymous fund at the Denver Foundation via Dixie State University and administered

by Kalynn Larson at the Dixie Foundation. An adjunct faculty position at the University of LaVerne is also acknowledged.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Quote from Yugo

... elaborate setups with unclear results, a lack of independent replication...

So we've gone from you saying "I don't know much about Tanzella", to you looking at his bibliography on Researchgate, to you somehow intuiting the above quote. Very impressive to say the least. THH always claims it takes him several hours and a couple of re-readings to come to any conclusions on a new paper: a foolish waste of time, as I'm sure you will agree.

Quote from Yugac The Magnificent

... and [Tanzella has] a general belief that LENR is a proven fact at significant power levels.

And again, Yugo has blind faith in his own mind-reading abilities! Truly surreal.

• "MELVIN MILES

If you work in this field, and you see the effects, and you know its real, and you know its very important, and anything else is much less important in your mind, and in truth really, in reality;

it's much more important than battery research.

And so, that's what you want to do, you want to do something as important as possible,

and that was cold fusion. That's why I wanted to do it."

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.