Quark Fusion

• Thanks Jed and Alain

That is a great one relevant to "The Reality of Cold Fusion"

"It is not uncommon for engineers to accept the reality of phenomena that are not yet understood,

as it is very common for physicists to disbelieve the reality of phenomena that seem to contradict contemporary beliefs of physics" - H. Bauer

I suspect Bauer was not a physicist.

• Well here is what I have been "not" trying to say directly. Maybe it (Ni) does assist. I am speaking to something different. I look at scams and scoundrels as a learning exercise. I have "upped my game", I had to. (why? well somehow Thomas Clarke was doxxed and harassed--- this is not okay and a show stopper, being honest and using your real name seems to get out our furry friends that need help or at least a cage)

Also I pretty much have an orthogonal view now with regards to the IH debacle. Wanting something to work ( if I may to segue for just a second ==->say EMdrive) and knowing something does not work beyond a shadow of a doubt at this point is well orthogonal. I now have this viewpoint regarding LENR. It (LENR) works but I am sure as I can be that E-cat does not and never did. Some of the people that have completely discredited it continue down that path. Even they should change direction and I have learned a lot from them. (no names but you know ...)

May I ask if you are actively experimenting bocjin? We have honest researchers here, unfortunately we have one that is dishonest beyond reason also. This is why I joke with Dewey. IH cutting loses and splitting gets my blood boiling. But "it" is the way of the world. (old Irish saying) it only involves business.

We have good people here, i would never disparage them.

I will no longer not acknowledge this quarkbullshaite. I have zero interest in it. While I lurk I could not give a flying spud (like that mods).

That is dead and buried. Could I be any clearer? Give someone the benefit of the doubt but we are so past that people are using time energy and $$$ on this , I am questioning others judgement here now.

If someone has questionable data in an honest test well this is one thing, but if someone does this is worth looking at, but I ask myself what has happened in the last "how many years is another"?

As far as faith goes it is the single factor that makes me inquisitive. Even after I am dismissive of a thought and idea. I would not spend anytime on something that I am sure is total baloney. There is something here. I am looking for it. Sorry for the diatribe but it is how I feel. If I am wrong or mumbling let me know. I hate talking past someone.

Rig

• Not actively experimenting.

A long time ago I did I yr of dewatered peat/tar sand fuel trials...that was expensive enough.

Lost a few thousand.

Deuterium/palladium is another order of magnitude expense.

Dataloggers, thermocouples ,masspec. patents SEM..EDAX neutron meter..time time time

Its just hard hard work and who wants to gamble their house?

Its not for the faint hearted..I trust Mizuno to see it through..and no one else.

• Hello Alan,

Over the years I have appreciated your subtle humor and keeping the conversation moving forward in a quasi civilized manner. As they say idle hands can lead to trouble but all work and no play isn't any better. I'd like to send you to the pub on your trip. Although you may have to substitute a pint for an umbrella drink. Cheers and safe travels.

• Alan Smith

I am glad you got funding for your trip. But afterwards, if it is anything like the so-called demo of the so-called megawatt plant in November 2011, you may find that you need the pub!

For comfort and convenience I shall, like superman be wearing my underpants over my trousers.

It would be far more useful to wear a "wire" but somehow, I can't see you doing anything like that.

• Official Post

It would be far more useful to wear a "wire" but somehow, I can't see you doing anything like that

Mary, I doubt it would be necessary, comfortable or useful as well as being ridiculous. I ask people questions and they almost always answer, my wife says I could have been a Colombo-esque detective. I still laugh every time I read your oft-repeated claim that it was necessary for you to organise a covert video of the Steorn/Kinetica fiasco-show. I was there, there were no restrictions on filming or photographing anything at any time, but as there was nothing to see few people bothered. McCarthy even left his laptop switched on and logged in while he disappeared (probably to the pub). Get real.

• Alan Smith

It is possible that one could have filmed with impunity at the Steorn aftersession at Kinetica (I assume you mean that). But the fact is that my colleague was told ahead it was a meeting only for selected people so he assumed you could not. And far as I know, to this day, the video I made possible is the only one ever posted of that aftersession. Unless you know of another? Nothing to see? One could see that nothing that Sean or the Littles made spin worked. And up to that time, nobody on the forum had been able to see any version of Orbo other than the Minato wheel Sean posed with.

Talking about getting real: I was not aware you followed Steorn so closely and went to Kinetica. Did you also join their insider club, whatever they called it? Did you follow Sean's sociopathic path to ignominy? And still, after your experiences with Steorn, and almost ten years of ever more bizarre lies by Sean, you STILL think it possible that Rossi, AKA Steorn-2, really has something that works? Goodness! You surprise me. I thought you were smarter and more discerning than that!

• It's worth to note, that string theory fiasco has been based on unsucessfull search for black holes at LHC. This controversial search was motivated by suggestion, that the extradimensions (which are required for string theory to work) would stabilize the metastable products of particle collisions a bit, which would indicate the potential for black hole condensation. As you may know, the inverse square law for gravity corresponds the number of dimensions minus one, the higher number of dimensions is, the stronger the attractive force will be and the faster it would drop. Now the same effect has been found for quarks - and nobody of string theorists gets thrilled... ;-).

I'd paraphrase here the famous Feynman's saying "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." by those of Thomas Sowell: "It doesn't matter how smart you are unless you stop and think". The article Are Scientists Doing Too Much Research? comes on mind here.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.