Quark Fusion

• https://gizmodo.com/new-discov…-explosive-fus-1820088156

New Discovery Suggests Quarks Can Undergo Explosive Fusion Reactions

https://www.livescience.com/60…atomic-hydrogen-bomb.html

The Subatomic Discovery That Physicists Considered Keeping Secret

http://www.nature.com/nature/j…html?foxtrotcallback=true

Quark-level analogue of nuclear fusion with doubly heavy baryons

The conversion of quarks and color gluons into energy is where the energy produced by LENR is coming from.

http://journals.plos.org/ploso…69895#pone.0169895.ref007

Mesons from Laser-Induced Processes in Ultra-Dense Hydrogen H(0)

The origin of the particle signals observed here is clearly laser-induced nuclear processes in H(0). The first step is the laser-induced transfer of the H2(0) pairs in the ultra-dense material H(0) from excitation state s = 2 (with 2.3 pm H-H distance) to s = 1 (at 0.56 pm H-H distance) [2]. The state s = 1 may lead to a fast nuclear reaction. It is suggested that this involves two nucleons, probably two protons. The first particles formed and observed [16,17] are kaons, both neutral and charged, and also pions. From the six quarks in the two protons, three kaons can be formed in the interaction. Two protons correspond to a mass of 1.88 GeV while three kaons correspond to 1.49 GeV. Thus, the transition 2 p → 3 K is downhill in internal energy and releases 390 MeV. If pions are formed directly, the energy release may be even larger. The kaons formed decay normally in various processes to charged pions and muons. In the present experiments, the decay of kaons and pions is observed directly normally through their decay to muons, while the muons leave the chamber before they decay due to their easier penetration and much longer lifetime.

The production of Kaons means that strange matter is being produced

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangeness_production

Strangeness production

• me356 has revealed to us that strings of fractal like transmutation that he is producing on carbon begins with light elements then progresses in stages as the transmutation sting grows in length over time to terminate in the production of very heavy transuranic elements. This is a sure indicator that strange matter reactions are occurring.

See post

me356: Photos of AURA control unit

Take note:

At the particular ash there are spots rich for undetectable, very exotic elements. Since the EDX software was not able to detect these elements, although the peaks were very strong, we can only guess what it really is.

The closest element appear to be Francium. As you know, Fr is second the least abundant element. All the closest elements were unstable too. Since this is remarkable discovery we will investigate it more.

LENR might be Strange

There is a strange lack of interest in the experimental results that Holmlid is reporting. Specifically, Holmlid is reporting the production of Kaons in his experiments.

The production of Kaons in Holmlid’s experiments is almost impossible to believe. But Holmlid is also seeing muons which are a decay product of Kaons. But at least Holmlid’s data is consistently mind boggling.

A Kaon is weird stuff because it is not nuclear matter, it is strange matter. The Kaon is not of this world and is produced by extremely unusual conditions. One of its production methods is through the interaction of cosmic rays with the upper atmosphere of the earth. The extreme energy that the cosmic ray imparts to the atoms of the air produces a quark gluon soup. This collection of unconfined quarks that condense out of the huge burst of energy and their strong force carriers: gluons produce a zoo of all sorts of wild out of this world exotic matter. One of those condensates is the Kaon. Another method of production is the collision of a pair of protons on a particle accelerator like CERN.

But according to standard model theory, when normal matter decays, strange matter is produced from the up and down quarks. According to theory, normal matter is meta-stable and the true baseline state of matter is strange.

This quark matter is more stable than nuclear matter, i.e. that the true ground state of matter is quark matter. The idea that this could happen is the “strange matter hypothesis” of Bodmer and Witten. In this definition, the critical pressure is zero. The nuclei that we see in the matter around us, which are droplets of nuclear matter, are actually metastable, and given enough time (or the right external stimulus) would decay into droplets of strange matter, i.e. strangelets.

If the “strange matter hypothesis” is true then nuclear matter is metastable against decaying into strange matter. The lifetime for spontaneous decay is very long, so we do not see this decay process happening around us. However, under this hypothesis there should be strange matter in the universe: i.e. strangelets.

LENR may now produce just the proper sort of external stimulus to transform normal matter to strange matter. In LENR experiments done so far, this strange matter has broken down into normal matter again. But could there be a condition when a critical point is reached when strange matter begins to proliferate onto itself in a positive feedback loop?

The question that involves LENR is if the production of strange matter becomes prolific enough, color superconductivity can set in producing strange matter aggregation.

The guys at CERN are looking for this strange transition to strangelets but they are keeping it secret to avoid legal complications. They have already faced a lawsuit claiming that CERN could destroy the earth through the prolific production of strange matter.

See

http://thirteenthmonkey.blogsp…ahead-for-cern-large.html

CERN does have a detector up and running to look for strangelets called Castor.

CASTOR calorimeter (standing for “Centauro And Strange Object Research”) is an electromagnetic (EM) and hadronic (HAD) calorimeter of the CMS experiment at CERN. It is based on plates made out of tungsten and quartz layers, positioned around the beam pipe in the very forward region of the CMS (at 14.385 m from the interaction point), covering the pseudo-rapidity range 5.1 — 6.55. It is used in collider physics, proton-proton collisions and heavy ion collisions, for example lead collisions. It is designed to search for strangelets and centauro events, kinds of exotic matter in the baryon dense, very forward phase region in lead (Pb) collisions at the particle accelerator LHC, CERN near Geneva.

When LENR breaks down matter into quark/gluon plasma, a possible strange matter aggregation process might take hold. Could this be how all the absolutely pure Ni62 was produced in the Lugano test? Does MFMP need to field a CASTOR calorimeter in their upcoming tests?

• Lets hope for the best Axil. I do, but my guard now is quite high. My belief system is now quite challenged now after..... what happened. I seem to see a pattern IMO

-> belief - then experiment then then the verification part is disputed or denied.

But what bothers me is why people that profess that seem "more on the goal of saving the world" actually turn out to be more worried about commercialization.

You know I do not talk past someone, and believe in LENR. Probably why I try not to offend folks here but ask honest question.

Why cannot these claimed results not be repeated independently?

These things don't jive. They just don't. We know honest experimenters and researchers and even critics involved in this area.

I deleted the next sentence so will paraphrase . But it was something like..... we know that we have both honest and dishonest researchers working on this.

Believe in things. But for goodness sakes test the living hell out of them before talking commercialization.

• Rigel wrote"test the living hell out of them before talking commercialization."

Samsung has learned that lesson after Note7 release.

The error rate was 0.01%.. 5 sigma testing only tests for less thna 0.03%

https://www.cnet.com/news/why-…-7-exploding-overheating/

Rigel wrote" "more on the goal of saving the world" actually turn out to be more worried about commercialization"

Me356 and Holmlid are very different people. I am not sure whether this applies to either.

Neither of them have a goal of saving the world.

• Official Post

We don't need heroic planet-savers, but rational entrepreneurs who can understand they cannot win alone.

What I've learned is that in business, wherever you innovate, if you put 1Mn$ to develop somethin, your margin is normally no more than 1/2Mn$, or at best 1Mn$ if you are incredibly needed.

Inventors forget the one who put th Bn, deverve the Bn, and because he is hind and thankful, share few Mn with the one who only did the science.$

anyway you can be happy with few Mn, provided you don't have to do the job of the guy who invested the Bn and did all the business plan, risk taking, lobbying, investment, industrial insfrastructure planning and management, exploited his network of tycoon, paid all the governments, ideological and religious official and agencies in every kind of real or moral currency, to make the things real finally...

As I've learned in High Performance Computing, if it is only technical, it can be solved.

Problem in LENR fiasco is not mostly technical.

Irrational expectation, old fashioned innovation culture, not rational greed, is a bigger problem.

This is in my opinion, at the source of the difficulties to cooperate, to hear others work, to replicate.

since the beginning LENR is a planet-wide psychiatric experiment planned by God.

U1qVAFE.gif Energetic events at the subatomic level are measured in megaelectronvolts (MeV), and when two bottom quarks fuse, the physicists found, they produce a whopping 138 MeV. That's about eight times more powerful than one of the individual nuclear fusion events that takes place in hydrogen bombs (a full-scale bomb blast consists of billions of these events). H-bombs fuse together tiny hydrogen nuclei known as deuterons and tritons to create helium nuclei, along with the most powerful explosions in the human arsenal. But each of those individual reactions inside the bombs releases only about 18 MeV, according to the Nuclear Weapon Archive, a website devoted to collecting research and data about nuclear weapons. That’s far less than the fusing bottom quarks’ 138 MeV.

The problem of this insight is, the formation of free quarks itself requires much higher energy than 100 MeV (they're highly metastable and they explode/decay on their own with energy in the range of GeV), so that their fusion isn't actually so energetic at all. I'm pretty sure LENR is neither "strange", neither it involves quark fusion, because these phenomena apply to much higher energy density, than LENR needs for its explanation. It like an explanation of the lake in the desert by the hidden ocean.

• (We don't need heroic planet-savers, but rational entrepreneurs who can understand they cannot win alone.)

Au contraire mon ami, it is exactly what we need. This does not negate the argument for rational entrepreneurs by any degree. The effort required to make change does not have to necessarily be tied to money and risk (which is quite logical) but it does not hurt to have knowledgeable people working their "asses off". The two together make a motivated team.

As for just speaking for myself, I never learned things by just reading about how something works and how it can be exploited. But "the history of how something works" and then I build on that. I am aware that people used my work for profit.

I worked harder for projects that I have believed in, money and risk were not factors.

Maybe that is why I am poor ;) but trying to fix things to make this a better place serves me just fine. It is why I am willing to host mortal enemy's (sic) in my area. :saint:

• Official Post

We don't need heroic planet-savers, but rational entrepreneurs who can understand they cannot win alone.

Not all would agree.

“The inertia of the human mind and its resistance to innovation are most clearly demonstrated not, as one might expect, by the ignorant mass — which is easily swayed once its imagination is caught — but by professionals with a vested interest in tradition and in the monopoly of learning. Innovation is a twofold threat to academic mediocrities: it endangers their oracular authority, and it evokes the deeper fear that their whole, laboriously constructed intellectual edifice might collapse. The academic backwoodsmen have been the curse of genius from Aristarchus to Darwin and Freud; they stretch, a solid and hostile phalanx of pedantic mediocrities, across the centuries.” (Arthur Koestler, The Sleepwalkers [New York, 1959], p. 427.)

• Not all would agree.

“The inertia of the human mind and its resistance to innovation are most clearly demonstrated not, as one might expect, by the ignorant mass — which is easily swayed once its imagination is caught — but by professionals with a vested interest in tradition and in the monopoly of learning. Innovation is a twofold threat to academic mediocrities: it endangers their oracular authority, and it evokes the deeper fear that their whole, laboriously constructed intellectual edifice might collapse. The academic backwoodsmen have been the curse of genius from Aristarchus to Darwin and Freud; they stretch, a solid and hostile phalanx of pedantic mediocrities, across the centuries.” (Arthur Koestler, The Sleepwalkers [New York, 1959], p. 427.)

I am starting to like you, you old bugger. 8)

• Well now I have done it. (there was no harm intended, I do not even try to harm even the doxxers here)

Maybe, "old fart" would be better since that would be nice, since my wife calls me that (but she always carries a mighty wind herself , so there is that).

But Eric if you want to use urban dictionary as a reference look up SMIB.

Or as we call it locals.

• Official Post

'Bugger' is term that has been hijacked in the UK. At one time it was a mild imprecation in vernacular British speech, no more offensive than 'Damn!'. I suspect this particular use was derived from the polymerising of 'Beggar' and'By God!' the latter altered so as not to 'take His name in vain etc.' Silly,Buggar, Daft Buggar, Charmng Old Bugger, Bugger it! Since its on-board meaning has recovered its more medieval and forensically descriptive connotation, it may be that is is no longer acceptable in everyday usage.

• I looked at your url.

I live 11 miles from Ft Meade and have posted my view out back on the water before to Dewey when we were joking . I am not honestly sure of your earlier reference, from your comment about you and ME356 that you mentioned before, unless you know of me or indirectly from someone I hosted before. Please clarify? Even if indirectly.

I may joke here about things but I do not want to disparage folks. This jump from an experiment to commercialization is now bullshaite without truly independent results.

And now I have doubts about even our more interested trusted investigators. Wanting something to work is not the same ( e.g. like I want deuterium LENR to work but regardless of what I think it still needs be verified ) I now regret all the time I have spent on Ni based LENR on the years old saga that no longer has meaning to me. I try to come here for education and knowledge. Maybe to help. I maybe disappointed but that does not mean discouraged. So please clarify.

• 'Bugger' is term that has been hijacked in the UK. At one time it was a mild imprecation in vernacular British speech, no more offensive than 'Damn!'. I suspect this particular use was derived from the polymerising of 'Beggar' and'By God!' the latter altered so as not to 'take His name in vain etc.' Silly,Buggar, Daft Buggar, Charmng Old Bugger, Bugger it! Since its on-board meaning has recovered its more medieval and forensically descriptive connotation, it may be that is is no longer acceptable in everyday usage.

Well I will stick with 'old fart' or 'mighty wind' for now then.

• Official Post

If there was no problem we would agree.

All I know is something does not work there, and if it is not solved it is that we did not solve it.

EDIT: maybe I'm wrong on one point. It seems easier for most people to believe in a supernatural entity than to accept collaboration and empathy is just good for your own survival.

• ". like I want deuterium LENR to work"

Could it work?

The LENR researcher/inventor with the longest track record and most documentation is Mizuno.

Almost three decades of living LENR. He'll continue as long as he can, maybe 10-15 years max.

Many unknowns..these are only some I can think of..Mizuno undoubtedly has many more..

Can the COP be raised to 300-400% from the present 100%?

What nanostructure, what temperature, what initiating voltages?

What happens to the controllability? Restartability?

Durability? Is the reactor poisoned within months by the transmuted products such as carbon,oxygen, nitrogen?

How often does the nanostructure need to be cleaned and regenerated?

Are any transmuted products harmful..does the reactor need to be replaced entirely or just the fuel?

What is the most economic method for regeneration? Currently it takes hours. Can nanocleaning be automated?

How can the reactor best generate electricity rather than just heat?

All unknowns require money and time. Lots of money and lots of expert hours, beyond one person.

Whoever talks of commercialization within five years is dreaming. Mizuno doesn't.

Best bet..perhaps the only bet.. Japan Inc invests. within several years in a multidisciplinary R&D team.

Like the Chicago Pile Team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Pile-1

Will it happen? ?????

Whether yes or no.....The old bugger will keep working on it.. its just what he does.

and maybe in the end it can't work.. but may be it can. Mizuno wrote this ~20 years ago, the reality is not so much different now.

https://www.amazon.com/Nuclear…Cold-Fusion/dp/1892925001

• Not all would agree.

I love this ! This is what exactly I'm trying to express for years

• Official Post

The problem of academics with new ideas is not specific, it is already well identified in business innovation, as the innovator Dilemna.

Like an academic, a business player, can enjoy a comfortable position (see Kodak in the 90s), and be perfectly aware of new possibility, and even be competent. But you don't want to be the first guy to shoot in your own foot, a comfortable situation. Some companies try to avoid that long term suicide, but is is hard even if the HQ is aware...

Disrupt yourself before someone disrupt you... very hard.

Anyway, it usuall is solved by small player who have nothing to lose.

My complaint is that today those newcomers are fighting, playing selfish, like gold-diggers playing catch in the mud instead of digging.

• Arnaud

Human minds have both inertia and gullibility about claims by other people. It was essential to natural selection during the evolution of "Man". For example, in prehistoric days, if someone yelled "Tiger" and you ran into a cave, and there was no tiger, you simply wasted a bit of energy. While if you did not believe the shout and there WAS a tiger, you got eaten. Credulity could mean survival. But not always. If someone said, "jump into this volcano and you will meet God" and you did... well you see... it is good to believe some things but not others. Critical thinking is what we need. And it's hard to get right due to the conflicting genetic influence within us which is different in different individuals.

The problem is applying these counterforces appropriately and natural selection did not serve us too well with respect to that.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.