Demonstration of the E-Cat QX - 24 November - Summary thread

• Alan,

It was 79 in Miami today. If you have not been to Miami Int airport . it is as big an airport as one can be. Prepare to walk along way. While they say it is 20 minutes in 'good' traffic to downtown (they're lying) it is more like an hour or more depending on time of day. I really hope you enjoy your stay and actually have something that will be interesting to report on.

And Shane was right on the shorts, it's best to bring them. I guess where you come from you are not sure what they are :). Separately ,there is a saying 'you can enjoy your work.' And especially as they say on Lenr-Forum 'a pic of Alan Smith in Bermuda shorts is worth several thousand words.'

Good luck & safe trip.

• Official Post

Seems like the Press release was not issued by Rossi or Leonardo Corp:

Seems like the Press release was not issued by Rossi or Leonardo Corp:

uh, no. It seems Rossi is LYING. Again and as usual. No reputable journalist would ever write a whoring piece like that newsrelease. Nor would a journalist use a pimping organization like those PR firms to print it!

• uh, no. It seems Rossi is LYING. Again and as usual. No reputable journalist would ever write a whoring piece like that newsrelease. Nor would a journalist use a pimping organization like those PR firms to print it!

When I first read that NR, after I stopped laughing, my first thought was that either Dewey or Sifferkol had written it. And then I laughed some more. Because either way it's still funny.

• Rossi may not have written it personally but I bet it came from his shop and his people. Or he solicited it in some other way. The idea that it was done by a journalist is absurd, ridiculous, and laughable. No reputable journalist would write schlock like that nor would they publish using a PR firm's web site! Unless one considers Lewan a journalist which he most emphatically is not. But this is not likely to have originated with Lewan either. Lewan does write much better than the lame way that dumb news release was written.

It's a spoof from somebody.

What do you mean by "spoof" in this context? Who or what is being "spoofed?" Why would anyone do that?

Spoof:

1. 1. a humorous imitation of something, typically a film or a particular genre of film, in which its characteristic features are exaggerated for comic effect. "a Robin Hood spoof"
    2. 2. a trick played on someone as a joke.

verb

1. 1. imitate (something) while exaggerating its characteristic features for comic effect. "it is a movie that spoofs other movies"
    2. 2. hoax or trick (someone). "they proceeded to spoof Western intelligence with false information"
  • (cont...) Although Acland suggests such link-spamming is typical of an attempt to block a site from Google rather than inflate its position, I guess it's both, else it wouldn't need harsh punishments for gaming it.

But really, who or why would someone want to block e-catworld*? It's ultimately harmless in the grand scheme of things.

So, I wonder if some of the more skeptical sites will be disappeared, once the person realises what they can do?

* answers on a postcard, please

• Official Post

What do you mean by "spoof" in this context? Who or what is being "spoofed?" Why would anyone do that?

Just someone wanting to further wind you up I expect. You might as well ask why somebody would task a bot to post 2 Million back-links to ECW, or why the ISP/hosting company has taken the very innocuous and low-traffic ISCMNS website off the air as of yesterday.

• The PR struck me as strange when I first saw it because it uses the word "fusion." Rossi never does.

According to a comment I read it originated from NC, not far way from IH.

Do you know if any skeptics have been invited, or is it just his supporters? [addressed to Alan]

Rossi's main skill is choosing his "marks" (the victims of his frauds and cons). He would NEVER invite someone he thought could see how he performs his charade and tricks and who might reveal it. He only shows his stuff to people who he believes to be gullible and bamboozable. That thus has to include Alan, in Rossi's view. Now Rossi is getting old and I suspect desperate or perhaps his antenna no longer brings in all the stations, thus his judgement about people may not be as good any more.

Anyway, it would be very difficult to find a single skeptic who would go to any expense or inconvenience to see yet another set of Rossifiction and Rossitricks. I know I wouldn't unless it was within an hour or so drive.

• Never seen this kind of humor from Rossi. The initial part is a bit forced, but I like the part about picnics on the floor.

the attendants will have to bring up their cups from home and put a name on them otherwise they will be stolen ( the cups, not the attendants ) and if they will want to wash the cups, they will receive the bills for the consumption of the water ( so much precious, after the global warming stuff ); if they think will get hungry, not even think they will find food, albeit we will allow them to put on the floor clean sheets to picnic on them the food from home.

• Official Post

Mary,

Alan knows calorimetry, but spotting the trickery may be difficult for him. That is why anything less than a true independent test is a waste IMO. No doubt Rossi will make it interesting as he always does, but it will prove nothing. Rossi is an old pro at this, and has fooled others before. Only difference now is that he has more people in attendance than ever before. That shows he is confident he will not get caught, or for our Rossi faithful...he is certain he has something real (very doubtful).

As you recall, Dekalion did about the same thing. They even convinced Mike Nelson of NASA that they *might* have something. It was only when an insider -the Defkalion Europe (DE) licensee noticed the spoofed water pump delivering less than water than the meter showed, that they were caught red-handed.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.