Demonstration of the E-Cat QX - 24 November - Summary thread

Good thing IH agreed to settle with Rossi. After the Doral scam and his dishonesty was put on public display...for him to then rebound and command a packed house today, have his old faithful Swedes, and Levi attend for a show of force, attract this new guy, says something about his magnetic personality. If he could do that with the well educated, and scientifically informed and trained, just imagine what he could do with a jury.

No. It says something about the boundless gullibility of murky thinkers, believers without evidence, and desirous individuals with more money than sense. I do agree with the latter point. It was likely enough that Rossi could have confused a jury that it was a major threat to IH which is why they settled on giving Rossi nothing. Rossi does not have a magnetic personality. He is annoying, abrasive, obviously evasive, and transparently dishonest. Most people with sense would avoid him like a plague. And then, there is his obvious internet record which documents his consistent failures and lies. I do worry about Lewan. He has a lovely family to take care of. I wonder how he is going to do it after Rossi's eventual and inevitable demise.

• How long did the demo last at 50W? It seems within the jagged edge of chemical energy levels. Was any derogation of the output seen over time?

Are there any numbers give as to input, temperatures, and output water collected as a function of time?

And what is it with the green , ground wire to a plastic block? You know you can have clear conductive plastics.

• From Mats Lewan's presentation

Most expectedly, if this minimal info is what t seems, Rossi is again measuring power in to the QX by Rossi proclamation.

Rather than measure voltage across and current through the QX, like any normal person, he measures current through the QX and then asserts that its resistance is 800 ohms. This allows him to extrapolate voltage and power. If it is a discharge tube its impedance must be unclear and variable, so that seems thoroughly unsafe. it is also completely unnecessary. Nothing easier than to measure also the voltage across the supply.

However, this is such slim info so far perhaps I am getting it wrong.

EDIT. It looks like Rossi claims this measured 50W is electrical output from the QX? In which case we'd need to check what the component in the circuit that looks like a PSU was doing. Simplest way to Rossify this is that although it is claimed to be off during the output test, actually it is on and contributing 50W...

Perhaps I'll await further info.

• However, this is such slim info so far perhaps I am getting it wrong.

That is the same as a traditional amp meter works. Digital ammeter designs use a shunt resistor to produce a calibrated voltage proportional to the current flowing. You believe a meter but not when it is done outside of the case?

Rather than measure voltage across and current through the QX, like any normal person, he measures current through the QX and then asserts that its resistance is 800 ohms. This allows him to extrapolate voltage and power. If it is a discharge tube its impedance must be unclear and variable, so that seems thoroughly unsafe. it is also completely unnecessary. Nothing easier than to measure also the voltage across the supply

Right. Unclear what if anything Rossi is measuring or how. Anyone wonder or inquire how this thing is being controlled? Or what the 50W power supply does and why? Why the reactor does not stop or runaway?

• That is the same as a traditional amp meter works. Digital ammeter designs use a shunt resistor to produce a calibrated voltage proportional to the current flowing. You believe a meter but not when it is done outside of the case?

Adrian - you are not understanding my point. I understand the measuring of current using a shunt (something Rossi has done before). The issue is the power (either generated from or delivered to) the QX. That depends on the voltage across the QX -something Rossi seems unwilling to measure directly like any normal person.

• THH actually 800 ohms if for an added resistance.

It appears that Rossi is not delivering power to the QX (R*i^2=0*i^2=0), but to some random resistances in the circuit.

Indeed. I guess this setup is as obviously unmeasured as we might expect, since the one thing that would make the QX behaviour clear - voltage across it - is not measured.

He could use KVL and infer this, but only if he measured voltage across (or reliably knew resistance of) all other components. That fan/PSU thing does not seem so measured.

• Adrian - you are not understanding my point. I understand the measuring of current using a shunt (something Rossi has done before). The issue is the power (either generated from or delivered to) the QX. That depends on the voltage across the QX -something Rossi seems unwilling to measure directly like any normal person.

He measures the current and the supply voltage. I suspect he does not put a voltmeter across the QX as he provided a high voltage pulse every 8 seconds or so. Hence "unwilling to measure directly like any normal person." is not true.

You just failed to understand it.

• If the device is only using a set DC supply then why hid it?

Anyone at the demo check the V across the R both in DC and AC while running or just was

just the R without supply measured? It would just take a click of the dial on the VOM.

The hidden supply set up makes me wantn to check and make sure that there is no AC riding on the DC.

• He measures the current and the supply voltage. I suspect he does not put a voltmeter across the QX as he provided a high voltage pulse every 8 seconds or so. Hence "unwilling to measure directly like any normal person." is not true.

You just failed to understand it.

If he measures the supply voltage then we might be ok, but I haven't seen anything suggesting that he did measure that voltage. Can you point me out to where I can find that info?

• He measures the current and the supply voltage. I suspect he does not put a voltmeter across the QX as he provided a high voltage pulse every 8 seconds or so. Hence "unwilling to measure directly like any normal person." is not true.

We all have suspicion Adrian - let us stick to fact. I've seen no supply voltage measurement in the info so far, nor the derivation of 50W which depends only on the current, but perhaps more will be revealed later.

If, as you suspect, the circuit has high voltage pulses every 8 seconds, that must make any continuous measurement of power, as claimed in Mats' diagram, unsafe.

I suspect he does not put a voltmeter across the QX as he provided a high voltage pulse every 8 seconds or so.

Where does that supposition come from? And then, I saw a photo of a scope nearby. Why not use that?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.