Demonstration of the E-Cat QX - 24 November - Summary thread

• The QX is stated to have near zero resistance. Which tends to suggest it has near zero impedance. Though after 5 beers I am not looking for an argument about that. Have at it.

Well, for example...

Suppose it has low resistance when in plasma state but high resistance when off. Driven by AC it would have varying impedance, and maybe absorb much power during these HV spikes some believe exist.

Or, take an inductor in parallel with a resistor. Low impedance at DC, high resistance at AC.

Perhaps I need to drink some more wine to even things up...

• Back now. To revert to an earlier question - which may have been answered elsewhere, in which case apologies.

The 800 ohm resistor was used as part of the calibration demonstration. Since the Q-X has virtually zero resistance there is not much point in measuring the voltage drop across it, so in order do show that (for example) an 800 ohm resistive heater was NOT present inside the Q-X capsule, the Q-X was taken out of circuit and a low-wattage 800 ohm resistor was put in its place. The voltage drop was measured again over the 1 ohm resistor to show there was a significant difference. This also was used to prove that the PSU was a constant voltage device, not a constant current device.

Was the 800 ohm resister inductive or non inductive?

I am still having trouble with the claim that the claim that the device has "virtually zero resistance".

Was it measured while running? How was that measured for the system as demonstrated?

Sure seem like there IS a "point in measuring the voltage drop across it". A major point. It is possible to have a device with a low DC resistance but high inductive impedance. If there was any pulses or AC present, it could make a very big difference. -(example: a wire coil around some Ni) If It is to demonstrate the reality of excess then the voltage needs to be measured across with what ever waveform it is running with.

• Not necessary, someone else has already drunk for all instead of giving answers to your technical questions of before.

• The QX is stated to have near zero resistance. Which tends to suggest it has near zero impedance. Though after 5 beers I am not looking for an argument about that. Have at it.

No, again, you can have near zero DC resistance but have a large inductive impedance to high frequency (or spikes). The narrower the pulses the greater the "effective resistance" for an inductive device.

• Except that Rossi says so, how do we know there is anything in the so-called QX other than perhaps a few passive electrical components to generate heat when powered by the obvious included power supply? Why does a device with such a high COP and the ability to generate electricity require a power supply at all, except maybe for starting?

Also, what is it that is proprietary? if only the fuel, why not take it apart and show the inside?

• Tell me about this device? A choke perhaps? I think you will struggle to find me a good example.

A simple wire coil with a nickel or cobalt core would do it. For example, a 10 mH inductor, would appear to have near zero resistance (depending on gauge) but about 4 ohms at 60 Hz and 7.5 ohms at 120 Hz and then about 160 ohms at 2500 Hz. Very fast pulses (single wave of a very high freq in effect) would make the effective R very high and with power going as V^2 you could transfer a significant power. A flyback transformer, cap and a read vibrator could easily be put in the housing of most DC supplies to add high V pulses.

Bottom line - the DC and AC across the device must me measured while running or you know nothing about possible power consumption.

• Its extremely easy for the magic PSU to determine if an 800 ohm resistor is connected and alter the output accordingly. This really is a magic show in the classical sense. Anyone on Rossi's team made magician hardware in a past life.

All these (dubious even at DC) indirect measurements are no good if the PSU is AC, or has HV AC spikes.

Rossi, remember, has a proven (by Mats, of all people) history of mismeasuring things with meters to show positive COP from devices that are actually electric heaters.

• Tell me about this device? A choke perhaps? I think you will struggle to find me a good example.

The pathoskeptics are just looking for a way to back up their previous firmly held opinions. I doubt you can win against hem short of units for sale.

Even if the setup were perfect they would say the readings were false, or there's hidden battery, etc, etc. The current and voltage appears to be low enough that would be very difficult claim measurement error would wipe away a COP of 300.

• Looks like we'll have to wait at least til tomorrow for the video publication to be sorted out...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.