Demonstration of the E-Cat QX - 24 November - Summary thread

• The whole idea that the psu needs a 60W cooler is ridiculous... Ceiling fans run on less power.

The larger of these passive heat sinks will handle 60W and keep a cpu to around 60C - with no fan at all if you mount it horizontally outside the box.

Rossi has claimed to have had a problem where the heat from the reactor was passed to the control box and affected the electronic components. Rossi solved this by removing heat from the control box. This was apparently done through active cooling. It is conceivable that when up to 200 QX reactors, which is reported to be the number of reactors serviced by the control box, are connected to the control box, the amount of heat that passes down the connecting wires would be substantial. so the active cooling capacity of the control box is also substantial to remove a large amount of heat transferred by conduction of reactor power..

I have yet to see anyone of the skeptics come up with a novel objection yet. Especially MY, whose homework has deteriorated back to that of 3rd grade. And yes, that is Fulvio.

Don't be silly, Alan. There is not sufficient information on which to even base an explanation or description-- either of what Rossi pretended to be doing or what he really did. It's way too early for objections except that everything about it is objectionable. The outward appearance is basically the same as that of the original ecat. A small volume heated in some manner-- in the original by band heaters and a rod heater inside the device. In this case, I am going to guess it's probably some sort of dielectric heating. Rossi took years to come up with this particular sleight of hand. I don't have time or the inclination to watch the interminable poor audio video but I suspect some critics will. The objections will come out in time if there is even enough information to make some. 5-sigma performance (whatever that means)? Give me a break.

I am prepared to bet that there is nothing nuclear about this demo, that all of the heat can and probably will be explained as sourced from something mundane and deliberately deceptive and that nothing will ever come of it. I will also bet that nothing is marketed to the public or to industry in general by Rossi ever. Ever being a bit long, I will take bets about a couple of years if anyone takes me up on it.

Third grade, Alan? I suppose this demo could possibly fool a third grader. I bet even some third graders would not believe it is a source of power. I suppose, Alan, you think the thing between the two silly clamps is a nuclear power generator of some sort?

ETA:

The sound quality of the video is good.

Yes, during the presentation where the presenter has a microphone. But during questions and answers, and discussions with the audience members, you can't hear a thing which is a pity. Some of the most interesting parts could be the questions people ask and the specious replies Rossi gives. He's known for those.

BTW, is that Dr. Levi in the red sweater?

• 47bd69bfc90b45b0f79221445d35fa2a6144eae6c46dc235622a866360541944.jpg?w=600&h=469

Most likely, the Light produced by the black body cover. The transparent core of the QX is most likely covered with a high temperature metal cover that emanates light as a black body. This port is likely the port that provides the light used to measure the temperature of the core.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Note that the yellow light is produced at the beginning of the application of input power pulse. I speculate that this initial part of the pulse in a high voltage pulse.

There is sound produced that corresponds identically in time with the intense yellow light when yellow light is activated and that noise sounds to me like high voltage click.

• quote from Mats Lewan"

Having said this, it seems strange that the power supply, even if it is a complex design, is such that it needs significant active cooling, resulting in a total system that has a COP of about 1 or less at this point. On the other hand, this is what Rossi explained to be one of the challenges in further development of the system.’

"

Since the total system power output was less than total power input, the test was a complete failure. This was predicted by many on this site awhile ago.

I've long wanted a simple power in vs power out measurement for the ENTIRE Ecat system. We finally have one and, as expected, the total power out is less than the total power in. Attempting to say that 99.9% or whatever of the input goes to "active cooling" is ridiculous. I've rarely heard of a power supply that needs 1000times or whatever the power it outputs as "cooling".

• Rossi has claimed to have had a problem where the heat from the reactor was passed to the control box and affected the electronic components. Rossi solved this by removing heat from the control box. This was apparently done through active cooling. It is conceivable that when up to 200 QX reactors, which is reported to be the number of reactors serviced by the control box, are connected to the control box, the amount of heat that passes down the connecting wires would be substantial. so the active cooling capacity of the control box is also substantial to remove a large amount of heat transferred by conduction of reactor power..

Sounds reasonable, I suppose. Maybe.

• Alan Smith Hey, you're up oily!

I did say before I went that this demo (not a test) would prove very little.

And boy, were you right! The only thing it proves is that Rossi was able to show up with a collection of uh... parts.

It could no be any other way in 2 hours and with not visibly independent test/measurement.

Yes. Precisely why it should never be done that way. It's meaningless, proves nothing, and shows nothing. Typical Rossicrap. Rossi is perhaps the only self-styled inventor in the world who would claim a device can run for a year on a negligible amount of fuel and then he demonstrates that by halting the run at two hours! And without independent measurement, which could easily have been arranged with no risk to IP, the whole DPS is worthless. Just another piece of Rossifiction like everything else Rossi has ever done. Well, you can say one thing for him: he's consistent!

Rossi has claimed to have had a problem where the heat from the reactor was passed to the control box and affected the electronic components. Rossi solved this by removing heat from the control box. ... and "Sounds reasonable, I suppose. Maybe."

ROTFWL! If the reactor warms the control box, you move the control box away from the reactor. You don't spend the equivalent of your entire energy output to run a cooling fan! Absurd! Ridiculous! Typical Rossinonsense. And remember, in a typical scam, the part you don't get is the part that gets you. You get WHY Rossi has to cool his bizarre power supply with a high power fan? Look for this to be involved in the scam though it may not be clear yet how. When the dust settles, the demo will either be an obvious scam or simply so poorly documented and measured that it will be completely useless.

• All the key players present attempted to align the spectrometer correctly. The viewing port was very small and the quark was minus cooling and after a whole was said to be in danger pf overheating. No luck so no spectrum - this will hopefully be shown in the video,

Thanks for the reply. I have another queston: did you have the opportunity to touch the wires, or did somebody else do noting if they were warm?

• During the spectrometry part of the demo, Rossi said that he was looking into the primary plasma to view the spectrum. But the transparent reactor tube will not tolerate direct contact with water. The tube will corrode over time. This I do not understand.

Rossi did a lot of hand waving when explaining the spectrum and why is was so spikey. The explanation was that a dirty spectrum would be produced by a naked plasma as it was shown. I doubt that the spectrum is a backbody one as Rossi claims. I will beleive it when I see it. I bet you that it is the same one that R, Mills sees in the SunCell.

• The oscilloscope appeared to have a single-ended probe connected to the resistor.

The ground clip of such a probe is essentially an earth connection to the power grid.

Why couldn't significant current flow from the exciter circuit through the scope ground clip? The exciter presumably also has a connection to the safety ground or earth, so that can be used to carry unmeasured current.

It's a terrible pity that the input power to the Ecat was not measured.

The camera happily recorded scope traces that presumably contain the secret info Rossi supposedly was trying to protect.

I had hoped for a transparent demonstration, but this one isn't persuasive, I'm sorry to say.

• That control box is a quick fix and not a production model. Rossi has had a real hard time solving the heat problem in that box so it seems to me that he decided to use a sledgehammer approach to solve the issue. Just put a ginormous fan in the box to get over the problem, and find a more elegant solution latter. Rossi said that the finalized control box will be the size of a cigarette box.

• A few months ago I did some small scale experiments using short bursts of low voltage and relatively large currents and a problem I had was the power supply and the electric cables overheating, so who knows if this heating problem Rossi&Fabiani are having isn't of a similar nature. This is what the power supply heating problem that Mats Lewan and others summarily described on ECW reminded me.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.