Demonstration of the E-Cat QX - 24 November - Summary thread

• I just bolted down the two horizontal clamps, identical to those used for the QX.

It might be possible to get an idea of the length of the reactor body by comparing the handle angles, distance apart, etc., from the demo photos.

It is clear that the clamp rods are very nearly fully extended. And rusty. The bolt head, just beyond the more clean cinch nut at the end of the rod looks really rusty.

Edit: It is also clear that the clamps are not precision made... one has a 5 mm longer rod than the other. Also I had to shim up the RH clamp so that the rods would meet at the same height.

• In a nutshell, basically, the only new principle involved is that instead of the power being generated by the relaxive motion of conductors and fluxes, it is produced by the modial interactions of magneto-reluctance and capacitive directance.

The original machine had a base-plate of prefabulated amulite, surrounded by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in direct line with the pentametric fan . . .

This is a gross oversimplification! But thanks for explaining what Axil has in mind.

• It could certainly be intentionally "flawed". At least we can be sure not all information was revealed. The reason for this could be argued from any direction I suppose. So I don't understand you point here otherwise than having a personal opinion. Seems like you try to cover all exits...

All witnesses however seems to agree there were potential investors/partners lining up to meet with Rossi, so in that respect and according to general sentiment from witnesses it does not seem at all that flawed. So in that respect it doesn't really matter you arguing something happened that did not happen here, or?

tony,

There was not a single notice of any investor

at the demo.

No one had name tags on and the guest list was not published, how do you know who was there and what they were there for?

If you know who was there please advise

My guess is that these guests were friend of the program.

It is clear that the clamp rods are very nearly fully extended. And rusty. The bolt head, just beyond the more clean cinch nut at the end of the rod looks really rusty.

Edit: It is also clear that the clamps are not precision made... one has a 5 mm longer rod than the other.

Not surprising that there is rust. From this classic view of the early ecats (2011) soon to be enshrined at the Smithsonian Institute, you can see that external rust (Fe2O) and "not precision made" are the secret sauces that create the Rossi Effect.

deleteme.jpg

• No Axil, you post the exact excerpt here.

EDIT: since you seem to like to deceivingly ghost-edit comments: I'm asking for a plausible-sounding reasoning of how it might have been done in the 2017-11-24 demo, not more recycled rossisays.

• No Axil, you post the exact excerpt here.

EDIT: since you seem to like to deceivingly ghost-edit comments: I'm asking for a plausible-sounding reasoning of how it might have been done in the 2017-11-24 demo, not more recycled rossisays.

Look at the video in post 724. You will hear the spark and see the green light of the spark at the end of the QX firing at the beginning of the 8 second cycle. You might see the spark on the oscilloscope.

also see this video and observe the size of the wires.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Look at the video in post 724. You will hear the spark and see the green light of the spark at the end of the QX firing at the beginning of the 8 second cycle. You might see the spark on the oscilloscope.

So you're saying there were 100 kV around here?

Ok.

also see this video and observe the size of the wires.

I'm not referring to the size of the conductors.

• I found this interesting and easy to read graph from this page:

Measuring High Voltage in Millimeters (and Other HV Probe Tricks)

See the source image

axil

For safety and practical reasons I think it's unlikely that there were that many kilovolts passing through the wires visible in the photos, due to exposed conductors and casual arrangement on the table.

If the oscilloscope readings over the 1 Ohm resistor could be trusted, the HV impulses should have been >> 0.4A for a few microseconds of duration; I don't believe this is regarded as low current for a high voltage impulse.

• Watch the voltmeter go from AC to DC readings...

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The wire thickness on the experimental setup shown on the theory paper was fat

It might be that the voltage on the activation pulse determines the power level that the QX runs at. The thin wire might be running at a much lower voltage because the power that the QX us run at is just 30% of maximum. It makes sense that the voltage level on the activation pulse determines the power level of the reaction.

It could be that Rossi is running the QX at low power to keep the high voltage activation pulse hidden from the audience by not showing high voltage wiring and to keep the high voltage danger level down on the demo. The QX has been tested for a year so it must be bullet proof by now...sigma 5. So the reason to run the QX at low power is due to some other reason besides reliability at full power.

If hiding this IP secret is true, Rossi is one tricky character.

• Paradigmnoia

My knowledge in electronics is pretty basic, as probably is that of many other people reading this forum: what is happening in this video exactly? Is the probe measuring a DC offset over the AC signal when put in DC mode?

axil

That setup supposedly shows one with a much larger gap (1.5 centimeter claimed in the Gullström-Rossi paper), which would have a significantly higher breakdown voltage (which could justify 50 kV or so) than the 0.6 millimeters gap claimed to be existing in the E-Cat of the November 24 demo.

Anyway, I'm not ruling out that very high voltages might have been present in the demo too, just not through the electrical wires shown. For example, why does the E-Cat there have to be clamped like that in the first place? From how Rossi reacted in the full-audio video after a brief discussion with Levi and Lewan at [1:22:03], the clamps might have other functions than simply holding the whole assembly in place.

It has been suggested by Ahlfors if I recall correctly that there could have been some piezoelectric crystal arrangement somewhere there; would it be useful to have it in a precompressed state for generating high voltages? I have no idea. BTW: I'm not asking to you specifically.

• I did not see any reference to piezoelectric crystal activation in the patent.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.