Demonstration of the E-Cat QX - 24 November - Summary thread

• Paradigmnoia

After [1:19:25] and afterwards, Levi said to Lewan in Italian (who asked him a related question) that there were discharges between the bolt and some sort of "capsules" that the rods supposedly clamped. After [1:22:03] he also added that they made an arc (discharge) at the point of contact. Unfortunately I haven't managed to understand everything yet (too much background noise).

• Paradigmnoia I have a similar one from the same angle.

I think what you're seeing there is the light diffused by some sort of transparent tube which Rossi referred to as "crystal". Maybe if you were directly in front of this contraption you could really see an arc, but perhaps it's better to ask confirmation from eyewitnesses.

• Paradigmnoia I have a similar one from the same angle.

I think what you're seeing there is the light diffused by some sort of transparent tube which Rossi referred to as "crystal". Maybe if you were directly in front of this contraption you could really see an arc, but perhaps it's better to ask confirmation from eyewitnesses.

There was a double arc at one point, very near when this was taken, one of which was more blue-white and concentrated. I tried to capture it, but have to use another video viewer to get frame-by-frame advancing capability.

Edit: Thanks, Alan F, for the video viewer link (post below).

Frame by frame, it does look much less like an arc, and more like light conducting through the thing in contact with the nut on the clamp.

• I guess if the 1 ohm resistor is an essential part of the Qx (a current limiter) AND if the ON-resistance of the Qx is near zero, then it's reasonable to count the power to the resistor as the input power.

But the second part of the IF wasn't proven in the demo.

And, like all the things Rossi has deliberately not allowed or omitted over the past six years, it could have been done extremely easily and not compromised IP. That should tell you something!

• Rossi has a spelling problem with Stockholm. - On JONP he wrote 8 times Stockolm instead. Probably because of the Italian spelling ‘Stoccolma’.

But why the heck 8 sockpuppets other posters (Giorgio, W.Y., Silent Majority Member, Anonymous, Prof, Jenny, Yuri and Enrique) do have the same problem with Stockholm?

Is this the new ‘Stockolm syndrom’?

A deja-vu of the ‘pace-maker’ fun.

One can go back even further using the "Original Text" Rossi blog reader at http://rossilivecat.com/all.html

Since April 2011 the spelling "Stockolm" has appeared in 37 separate posts in Rossi's blog; 23 of these are posted under Rossi's name and 14 of them are from the following sources (from oldest to most recent and where asterisk indicates that the posts use fluent English) ...

Erik Furberg

Bill Conley *

Jed Rothwell *

Frank Acland *

Louis Duvalier

Franz

Enrique

Yuri

Jenny

Prof

Anonyomous

Silent Majority Member

W.Y

Giorgio

Conversely, over the same period the spelling "Stockholm" has appeared in 23 separate posts; only 2 of these posts are under Rossi's name and the rest come from (again from oldest to most recent and the asterisks indicating that good English grammar is used)...

William *

Randy *

James Bowery *

James Bowery *

Goran Crafte

Jan Gustavsson

Google translate

Renato Estri *

Google translate

Magnus Holm *

Mats Lewan *

Janne *

Gerard McEk

Andre Blum *

Janne *

Nobel Prize Org *

Mats Lewan *

Sifferkoll *

Daniel G. Zavela *

Frank Acland *

Conclusions:

1) Rossi is a long-time user of the "Stockolm" spelling. He did use the alternate spelling yesterday, after the Stockholm syndrome was pointed out online, but is back to "Stockolm" today. Old habits die hard!

2) There is also a long-time use of "Stockolm" by posters who, in general, are not fluent in English. Eight of these posts were made recently, in the last week (from Enrique on) .

3) Posts using the "Stockholm" spelling generally exhibit very good English grammar and so are not from Mr. Rossi.

• On the presentation sheets we see:

I = U/R

P = U*I

P = R*I²

800 * 0,25² = 50W

3707-qx3-png

According to my humble knowledge:

U = R * I

U = 800 ohms * 0,25A = 200V

Twohundred volts!

Of course, Dott. Rossi didn't want Mr. Lewan or anybody to touch anything :)

Lethal voltage starts at 60V DC

• The "Original Test" Rossi blog reader is a wonderful resouce! Here we meet William S. Hurley many, many times.

A selection of his posts on the JONP blog ...

July 9, 2017 at 9:25 AM
    Me. Rossi,

Congratulations! Please keep in mind our refinery heaters and boilers as an application.
    We have a new name for the company, Andeavor, and now own 10 refineries across the USA. We supply over half the gasoline in California.
    Thank you and God speed!
    Hurley

June 14, 2016 at 12:24 PM
    Mr. Rossi,

You and your team have accomplished an incredible feat of discovery and engineering. Congratulations!

Have you designed heat exchanger(s) for use in an industrial setting. I am thinking of feedwater heaters set up in a duplex design where one can be taken out of service. I am not sure what to do with the light, maybe solar collector. So many possibilities.

God Speed
    Hurley

June 3, 2016 at 12:48 PM
    Best Birthday Wishes!

Success, Health and Love

God Speed
    Hurley

April 7, 2016 at 8:44 PM
    Mr. Rossi,

They should be throwing a parade for you but instead try to steal every thing.
    I know you will prevail. You have many fans and supporters.
    God Speed
    Hurley

March 30, 2016 at 9:48 AM
    Mr. Rossi,
    Sergio is smiling!

Keep your container office for the museum.

Congratulations, I had no doubt.

God Speed
    Hurley

March 2nd, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    Dear Mr. Rossi,

If I want to buy a commercial 1MW ECAT for my refinery, where would I get it and do you have a price?

Thank you and congratulations on your success.

WIll Hurley

• According to my humble knowledge:

U = R * I

U = 800 ohms * 0,25A = 200V

My understanding at that point of the presentation is that Mats was discussing what would happen if the "supply" was a constant-current device ... contrasted with a "constant voltage" device.

Of course, with Rossi throwing multiple switches it's neither.

• Yes, Alan of course.

And Para also asked, what power rating had the little 800 ohm resistor, which Mr. Lewan was handling with?

I know what 50W resistor are the size of. Haven't seen it there on the table. Looked like nothing more than 1 or 2 Watts.

E.G. heres a 10W resstor:

https://www.reichelt.de/10-Wat…OUPID=5272&ARTICLE=110710

10W_METALL_R.png

• Länge 19,05 mm (lenght)
      • Breite (width)
      • 15,88 mm
      • Höhe
      • 9,91 mm(height)

Yes, we don't know what was going on, constant current, constant voltage, voltages overall, AC with added DC voltage, mysterious switches everything a MESS!

• The 800 ohm resistor I doubt was over 1/2 W rating.

What was the 1 ohm resistor rated at? I have asked Mats twice. Perhaps this falls under the questions leading to magic tricks that Rossi warned Mats not to answer.

Here is a 10W 1 ohm ceramic resistor, The 15 to 20 W rated versions are not much bigger.

Here is AC 25 V going into that same resistor, voltage measured across that 1 ohm resistor, and the amps going through it...

• The test of the 800 ohm is between 2:36:30 and 2:50:00

Fulvio says the total voltage across the system is about 12V (2:42:20) and Mats says the voltage across the 1 ohm is "between 10 and 20mv". (But the waveform is a spiky sawtooth). As M.Y. said, 15mv and 12V is about right.

Most of their talk was inaudible to me.

But then Fulvio said they have "about 12V" to play with in terms of generating the (sine+sine) signal. We saw 300mV across the 1 ohm, but have NO idea what was across the Qx.

• “Sergio is smiling”.

Where did I read this before? Ah, Engineer48 used this phrase a coulpe of times recently. What a coincidence:

https://disqus.com/home/discus…lewan/#comment-3634359438

This is so COOL! Basically a Focardi reactor on steroids with an intense source of protons impacting the Ni surface with enough KE, thanks to the Ni being negative and several kV of E field to accelerate them, to penetrate into the Ni matrix and initiate a LENR reaction.

Focardi will be smiling! He was right!

Hi Robert,

The QX is so COOL!

The QX may be a Focardi reactor on steroids with an intense source of protons impacting the Ni surface with enough KE, thanks to the Ni being negative and several kV of E field to accelerate them, to penetrate into the Ni matrix and initiate a LENR reaction.

Focardi will be smiling! He was right!

• I guess if the 1 ohm resistor is an essential part of the Qx (a current limiter) AND if the ON-resistance of the Qx is near zero, then it's reasonable to count the power to the resistor as the input power.

Even that is untrue.

There is no need for a 1 ohm shunt resistor. In this hypothetical case the QX input power would be much lower and the COP (if you care about it) much higher.

I have not taken much part in this thread because the data released is so bad. It proves nothing, except that Rossi's demos have got even less convincing. Never before has he not even pretended to measure input power.

AAMOI - how is this being spun on ECW? Do they manage to see this demo as something positive for Rossi? I don't read ECW much since they banned me for polite facts.

• TH,

I post there often,

The Usual Suspects, (you know them all),

still believe what they are told,

However, a rather significant amount are beginning to see Rossi for what he is.

What really surprises me is the lengths they will go to dreaming up excuses and explanations for his failures, it would almost even amusing if it were not so sad.

• A couple of things for the eagle eyes out there:

During the spectrometer test, at the beginning, the oscilloscope was showing the QX waveform (over the 1 ohm), and at some point it stopped, but the spectrometer was still displaying a moving pattern. The oscilloscope probes may have been undone in the dark, on purpose or by accident. They can be seen hooked up on the overhead display at the beginning of the spectrometry demo.

The oscilloscope is using a reference ground probe, and had the polarity swapped around without care. Two probes used in difference mode might have been better? (safer?)

The oscilloscope probe will be attenuated, typical is 10 x. I am looking to see where the scope was set to match the probe, if possible. If set to 1 (vs 10 x, 100x etc., to match the probe), then the scope maxes out at 6 Mhz and this will be displayed in the lower RH corner.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.