Demonstration of the E-Cat QX - 24 November - Summary thread

• After watching the video again, I noticed Rossi turning the switch at the side of the covered control system on and and off several times. Each 'off' time, the waveform on the scope goes away completely. This means that the switch does not control the initiation spike only, but the entire output. If the spike is controlled separately, it is done by the laptop software control, or somewhere else.

Watch the events starting at 2:30:30 Rossi lifts the lid of controller

makes 2 motions at the back, no sound of switches being turned off or no, could be opening vents as he said?

2:31:13 Fabiani reaches to the back left side of controller (Rossi's right) and hits a switch which can be heard in the audio.(Main controller switch front left)

2:34:17 controller is switch on for resistor test, The cooling for the controller does not come on for the rest of the demonstration when main switch is turned on

What this means? :/

note main switch for controller is installed upside down

• It's ridiculous to discuss such things.

There has to be a proper test protocol, where every step is explained in.
    My English is limited, but I try my best:

You make a case like expected situation and then you measure the response.

Compare expected to what you measure.

Change state to x, measure again.

Follow a test protocol and so on.

When there is suddenly a switch, which is not explained, what it really does, there is so real test and not even a demo.
    It's a DSP (Dog and Pony Show), a NoGo Area for sane persons.
    Nobody used to work with test protocols will allow such things.
    You have to define test cases and possible response from the system. Have you seen the slides from the DSP?
    The "Test Protocol" introduced from Mr. Lewan, where have you seen something like "switching undocumented stuff"
    while the "calibrating procedure" ....

So, no test at all, or is that a test case for a 5 sigma device?
    The PowerPoint slides are hilarious!

A demo, shure, but for what?

GIMME MONEY!

Dott. Rossi called it a DEMO, but tried to make some people think, it's a test. At the Royal Science blablabla of Sweden. With Nobel glamour added. Look at he Scope, wow, AM signal! Look to the spectroscope image, well, does not work (Big Screen makes interference), but let's assume that here is 1.1nm of signal... really?! Let's do some Boltzman calculation with it. GOTCHA!

• I took the Slab out of the circuit, and installed my 3 x 270 ohm resistors (806 ohm measured) in its place. Two voltmeters testing across one each of the 1 ohm resistor and the 800 ohms resistor set. At 30 V AC true rms, both meters read about 26 mV across the 1 ohm resistor. When one meter was placed across the 800 ohms, the one measuring the 1 ohm dropped to around 20 mV, while the 800 ohm meter read around 14 mV.

I cranked the supply voltage to as high as 100 V AC, and the 800 ohm group started to smoke a tiny bit, so I switched it off to cool. The DC voltage on both resistors dropped to half when the voltage was tripled. The 1 ohm resistor did not go over 20 C.

• I took the Slab out of the circuit, and installed my 3 x 270 ohm resistors (806 ohm measured) in its place. Two voltmeters testing across one each of the 1 ohm resistor and the 800 ohms resistor set. At 30 V AC true rms, both meters read about 26 mV across the 1 ohm resistor. When one meter was placed across the 800 ohms, the one measuring the 1 ohm dropped to around 20 mV, while the 800 ohm meter read around 14 mV.

I cranked the supply voltage to as high as 100 V AC, and the 800 ohm group started to smoke a tiny bit, so I switched it off to cool. The DC voltage on both resistors dropped to half when the voltage was tripled. The 1 ohm resistor did not go over 20 C.

A suggestion: one possible way to test or at least get a feel for how the QX behaves under various experimental scenarios(testing negative resistance, power feedback to the controler, measurement across the circuit, adding resistors, etc...) is to use a use a system very much like the QX: the HID bulb and its controller.

• Someone said the scope was set to 100uS/div which gives something around 83kHz.

A close match is 83.03kHz being modulated by 9.5kHz

83.03kHz * ABS(9.5kHz)

Guess what else runs at 83 kHz?

• Paradigmnoia does it again. The signal on the oscilloscope is an AM RF signal that is n the range that is used to drive cold plasma ... plasma balls.

A close match is 83.03kHz being modulated by 9.5kHz

83.03kHz * ABS(9.5kHz)

Glow discharge plasmas: non-thermal plasmas generated by the application of DC or low frequency RF (<100 kHz) electric field to the gap between two metal electrodes. Probably the most common plasma; this is the type of plasma generated within fluorescent light tubes

From Wiki

Glow discharges operated in radio-frequency. The use of this frequency will establish a negative DC-bias voltage on the sample surface. The DC-bias is the result of an alternating current waveform that is centered about negative potential; as such it more or less represent the average potential residing on the sample surface. Radio-frequency has ability to appear to flow through insulators (non-conductive materials).

Both radio-frequency and direct-current glow discharges can be operated in pulsed mode, where the potential is turned on and off. This allows higher instantaneous powers to be applied without excessively heating the cathode. These higher instantaneous powers produce higher instantaneous signals, aiding detection. Combining time-resolved detection with pulsed powering results in additional benefits. In atomic emission, analyte atoms emit during different portions of the pulse than background atoms, allowing the two to be discriminated. Analogously, in mass spectrometry, sample and background ions are created at different times.

• In the QX, there is light that is coming from many and varied wavelengths. Rossi must be looking for the primary infrared line in the output spectrum on the assumption that that dominate infrared wavelength supports COP calculations based on heat output. The amount of energy produced by light is disregarded.

• In the QX, there is light that is coming from many and varied wavelengths. Rossi must be looking for the primary infrared line in the output spectrum on the assumption that that dominate infrared wavelength supports COP calculations based on heat output. The amount of energy produced by light is disregarded.

That spectrometer Rossi uses is fully capable of directly reporting the measured radiant flux calibrated to W/m2. Just need to shrink that down to the appropriate area, and there is the output power. No need for integrating a wavelength using Wien's Law, etc.

• That spectrometer Rossi uses is fully capable of directly reporting the measured radiant flux calibrated to W/m2. Just need to shrink that down to the appropriate area, and there is the output power. No need for integrating a wavelength using Wien's Law, etc.

And, as we know, fluorescent light is not black body but instead has strong spectral lines. Using Wien's Law based on the intensity of one of those lines is therefore bound to overestimate output power.

All this mis-measurement is Rossi experimental practice101. He's done it before (the original Quark-X paper).

• Isolation transformer works great. Semi-ominous transformer noise/vibration under heavy load, about 500+ VA, but no heat. 1 ohm resistor started smoking at 126 C, 5 A, (and temp still climbing). Shut it down for the night.

Checked the resistance of the 800 ohm set, which have been sitting since getting a good cooking yesterday.

805 ohms. No visible after effects.

• By upside down, do you mean switch toggle down is on? I saw that. I guess those connection block wires aren't too scary next to the switch, too. At least once Rossi reaches in there without looking.

Yes. down is on. 1 minute fix, not much quality control.

As a woodwork i have used hold-down clamps.

Question, with all the rivet joints in the clamp, can,t see it being a very good choice for transferring current for such a high tech device??(

I think there is a lot more then the switch upside down in the demo.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.