Demonstration of the E-Cat QX - 24 November - Summary thread

• What is wrong is that Rossi's devices don't work and never had and IH was the first to prove that independently. And conclusively, at least for what Rossi gave them and told them.

That is true. It is possible, but unlikely, that some of the earlier devices worked. The ones that I.H. and Boeing tested definitely did not work.

• Interesting that Rossi was concerned about overheating when using water for coolant, so only 3 seconds on and 4 seconds off, but it ran for 14 seconds straight without any water at all during the spectrometer exercise. Didn't even melt the plastic.

• Interesting that Rossi was concerned about overheating when using water for coolant, so only 3 seconds on and 4 seconds off, but it ran for 14 seconds straight without any water at all during the spectrometer exercise. Didn't even melt the plastic.

How did he measure reactor temperature? I saw only 2 thermocouples for water in/water out.

Were there other ones?

I also get weird excess lighting when I apply a 12V “stimulation signal”

The difference is in spectrum of your radiation and Me356 radiation. It's not difficult to get excess lighting at five lines of light spectrum, but to shine with black body radiation you would need a kilowatt-range electricity source. Note also that pipe of Me356 glows OUTSIDE the supply wire.

• Official Post

No one outside Rossi's group knows for sure but the indications were that he couldn't control the early E-Cats well enough.

AA,

If Rossi had control problems at Doral, then the Penon report is wrong. If the Penon report is right, then Rossi had no control problems. It is either one or the other, yet you seem to believe both, depending on which argument du jour you put forth.

According to the data Penon recorded in his final report, the 1MW worked remarkably well 24/7, for 1 year. It looked almost flawless as the temps/pressure/pump output remained almost constant. That to me says Rossi had *very* good control of the 1MW....am I correct?

Or maybe I am wrong. You are the engineer, so maybe you could tell me where in Penon's report, poor control issues would manifest themselves?

• How did he measure reactor temperature? I saw only 2 thermocouples for water in/water out.

Were there other ones?

The reactor temperature was "measured" by spectrometry combined with the Stefan-Boltzmann equation. The plastic irrigation coupler, which is opaque even at such high intensity, must ultimately absorb all that radiation. At least that which is not conducted away by the glass inner tube, which in turn must not conduct very much away or the water will not heat 20 C while it is inside the gap between the tube and the coupler body.

At the start of the heating of the water demonstration, the temperature rise time can also be evaluated, considering that there is a certain amount of water to heat, as well as the reactor. Without the water to heat, that temperature rise time should be significantly reduced.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the thermocouple for the hot water/reactor was stuffed into the reactor body water outlet area.

• If Rossi had control problems at Doral, then the Penon report is wrong. If the Penon report is right, then Rossi had no control problems. It is either one or the other, yet you seem to believe both, depending on which argument du jour you put forth.

I said he had control problems with the early E-Cats. He obviously had many different problems with the Tigers in the 1 MW plant or he wouldn't have had to live there every day. Contrary to what he said at the start they were clearly not good enough for commercial sale. Fixable? Who knows?

Meanwhile he thought he had developed something better. Only time will tell.

• Paradigmnoia

I mean: if during the demo the spectrometer didn't work as intended (it didn't show the peak Rossi wanted at about 1.1µm) and the thermocouples that were just for water in/out were disconnected, why at some point during the spectrometry tests he suddenly hurried up turning the reactor off? How did he know that it was becoming too hot EDIT: besides assuming that temperatures would rise faster ? Just before that happened I heard a beeping sound (an alarm? At 2:24:42), I thought that could have come from some other sensor not exposed to the public (or perhaps it was a coincidence).

I believe that the hot water thermocouple was on the top of the coupler.

From Sifferkoll:

http://www.sifferkoll.se/siffe…oads/2017/11/L1010510.jpg

http://www.sifferkoll.se/siffe…emo-in-stockholm-cop-550/

• Official Post

If you knew what you were talking about it would help. Nobody here knows what the problems were with the 1 MW plant,just that there were many.

You are so pessimistic you would set the doomsday clock forward another three minutes to reach midnight.

I have to give it to you, that last sentence was funny.

And of course I do not know what I am talking about regard the engineering. I admitted that, and left it up to you to teach me something I did not know...like, are there companies that could automate what Rossi claimed he did manually. That is still a question unanswered BTW.

Another thing you could show me so I can learn something, is where in the Penon report these many problems with the 1MW would reveal themselves in the data? Yes, I know Rossi manually compensated for those problems, but he admitted to only being there 16 hours a day. So that leaves 8 hrs/day when he was gone. I know Fabiani took over then, but maybe instead of operating the thing manually like Rossi, he just turned on the automated system controller he designed? :)

• can ,

It seems that the program on Rossi's computer is simply a relay timer connected by a USB cable connection, and the power to the reactor must be shut off manually with the switch. That means that the Relay Code on the laptop display might be an ANSI code.

For a nuclear reactor, it sure does have a lack of monitoring capability. The coupler seems to have survived many months, so I guess overheating doesn't happen much, if at all. Or maybe if it does overheat, just the bulb reactor itself fails harmlessly.

• Shane,

What’s probably closer to the truth is that Penon and Rossi didn’t get their stories straight before answering those questions

• Official Post

7 minute 'condensed' video from the Stockholm demo.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.