Demonstration of the E-Cat QX - 24 November - Summary thread

• And of course I do not know what I am talking about regard the engineering. I admitted that, and left it up to you to teach me something I did not know...like, are there companies that could automate what Rossi claimed he did manually. That is still a question unanswered BTW.

Rossi is working with ABB, one of the largest manufacturers of robots in the world, who have over 30,000 in operation. They seem very capable of automating the manufacture of the QX and modules.

• Rossi has a long-running pattern of embellishments and inferred associations designed to give the impression that he is a legitimate, astute, and important businessman and is respected by large companies and "smart" people. His "associations" or "working with" with Siemens, NI, Johnson Matthey, CERN, glowing valuations from various anonymous physics professors and teachers (on JoNP and almost always authored by himself), nuclear industry-related persons, etc., are self-agrandizing, ego-stoking, and usually greatly exaggerated. He surrounds himself with and cultivates a crowd of the gullible, adoring, hopeful, forgiving, forgetful, and incautious, who will back him up no matter what he does and sing his praises everywhere they go.

His "inventions" are the vehicle to his prime ego boosting goal, and are not the real show.

That is his best deception of them all.

In my humble opinion.

• Could anyone here point me to a picture of the naked Quark reactor that I have seen circulated in the past? I am seriously thinking that in at least some circumstances he uses permanent magnets to help produce spheromaks and create a magnetic trap that will keep them in the center column. This would allow him with every pulse to collide large numbers of spheromaks that are emitted from the cathode. From the demonstration in Stockholm, it sure looks like there is plenty of room to incorporate a permanent magnet either at either end or one or more rings around the center. There are multiple ways to configure such magnets, but I'm interested if there is any evidence that such magnets may be used.

• Could anyone here point me to a picture of the naked Quark reactor that I have seen circulated in the past? I am seriously thinking that in at least some circumstances he uses permanent magnets to help produce spheromaks and create a magnetic trap that will keep them in the center column. This would allow him with every pulse to collide large numbers of spheromaks that are emitted from the cathode. From the demonstration in Stockholm, it sure looks like there is plenty of room to incorporate a permanent magnet either at either end or one or more rings around the center. There are multiple ways to configure such magnets, but I'm interested if there is any evidence that such magnets may be used.

Director,

What would all of the supposed excess heat do to these magnetic fields?

• I think that the vast majority of the heat is confined to the center portion of the quartz tube. Obviously, he doesn't want his nickel electrodes heating up significantly or the lithium doped nano-diamonds could degrade resulting in an increased triggering voltage. My guess is that a couple samarium cobalt high temperature magnets on either side would survive just fine, especially in a system that's being water cooled. If he ran the reactor for an extended period of time without water cooling, I expect the magnets would demagnetize.

• I of course could not presume to know who is right or wrong in this dispute, regarding whether the ECat really works or not. However, it does seem quite strange that there should be such extreme polarization of opinion. Rossi is claiming (since at least 2011), that he has built a 1 MW reactor. He claims that it operated some 350 days during the IH test period, producing this level of power, for a customer that was using a large fraction of the power for an industrial process. He claims that measurements were made daily showing the power produced. But that he did not take pictures...never takes pictures. And IH people say that the thing does not work.

Now I have about 35 years of experience as an engineer, and have been through many qualification tests with customers to demonstrate that the products of the companies I worked for performed according to their specifications. We take pictures of everything. Provide very detailed drawings of test setups. Make, model, serial number, calibration date of any test equipment used. Wiring diagrams, mechanical drawings of test jigs, whatever is needed to make sure our customer knows exactly what test was performed. Often, we do things together with the customer, so that they can see exactly how it is done. Sometimes they bring their own measuring equipment. I suppose that because of this approach, there is almost never any dispute about whether the product works according to spec or not. And this kind of detail is common for products that have a cost sometimes of less than 1 million dollars. How much more one would expect this when $100 million dollars is at stake!

So again, I do not know who is right and who is wrong. But it is not exactly a positive picture to the "outside world" when a major, respected player in the cold fusion community, such as Rossi, is making the sort of claims he is making for over 7 years, and receiving money from investors, and yet does not seem to be willing or able to put together the sort of carefully documented and witnessed engineering testing that would end the dispute.

• But it is not exactly a positive picture to the "outside world" when a major, respected player in the cold fusion community, such as Rossi,

He is not a "major, respected player." He is a criminal fraud. I do not know any cold fusion researcher who believes him (and I know most of them). Some did believe him years ago, but he lost all respect. For me, the Penon report was the last straw. Others rejected him before that.

• I of course could not presume to know who is right or wrong in this dispute, regarding whether the ECat really works or not. However, it does seem quite strange that there should be such extreme polarization of opinion. Rossi is claiming (since at least 2011), that he has built a 1 MW reactor. He claims that it operated some 350 days during the IH test period, producing this level of power, for a customer that was using a large fraction of the power for an industrial process. He claims that measurements were made daily showing the power produced. But that he did not take pictures...never takes pictures. And IH people say that the thing does not work.

Now I have about 35 years of experience as an engineer, and have been through many qualification tests with customers to demonstrate that the products of the companies I worked for performed according to their specifications. We take pictures of everything. Provide very detailed drawings of test setups. Make, model, serial number, calibration date of any test equipment used. Wiring diagrams, mechanical drawings of test jigs, whatever is needed to make sure our customer knows exactly what test was performed. Often, we do things together with the customer, so that they can see exactly how it is done. Sometimes they bring their own measuring equipment. I suppose that because of this approach, there is almost never any dispute about whether the product works according to spec or not. And this kind of detail is common for products that have a cost sometimes of less than 1 million dollars. How much more one would expect this when $100 million dollars is at stake!

So again, I do not know who is right and who is wrong. But it is not exactly a positive picture to the "outside world" when a major, respected player in the cold fusion community, such as Rossi, is making the sort of claims he is making for over 7 years, and receiving money from investors, and yet does not seem to be willing or able to put together the sort of carefully documented and witnessed engineering testing that would end the dispute.

mg,

Rossi is a pathological liar, cheat and a fraud

LENR may yet prove to be what it has been portrayed to be, but Rossi will NOT be the deliverer.

• Has Dr. Rossi announced yet when and where the robot factories will be established??? How about what I am certain will be the first of many contracts to sell his brilliant devices?? Or new funding from suckers (I mean investors)??

I mean, after such a brilliant demonstration (or whatever that is being called as opposed to what it was billed as prior to the showing), I would think that the world is beating a path to his door, to shower money, praise and prizes on him. But I don't see any news about such, so I must assume the corrupt media is just not reporting about it.

• Official Post

WW,

Once he resolves some minor issues, he will start massive manufacturing in Sweden and the US. One of the issues is that the controllers are about 10 times bigger than what they control. They also consume the same amount of power as what they control produces. Not something a customer likes to see in an their overunity machine.

So you can see he has a little more work to do before breaking ground on those factories. Nothing major. Just your regular run-of-the-mill R/D hick-ups.

He is working 16-18 hours/day on it.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.